Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
*sniff* "Gno, Keereestofvveerrrr, you are, *sniff* perhhhlaps not understanding the poe-oint I amg gmaking...."

"SIR!"

".... In 1959, in kommoonist Chgheggoshlovakula...."

"SIR! No, no, SIR! We are about to come to blows, comrade!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

that is the worst Zizek i've seen, and i've seen reddit

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

People see this video and somehow still don't think Zizek knows something they don't.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
more like christopher dickens

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
christpher bitchens

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hitchens played a big part in my becoming less public with my atheism, because I didn't want to be associated with the racist, misogynist atheism that had become big in the UK. Hitchens and Dawkins should both have known better. It still makes me very angry that the media keeps assigning conservative shitbags to be the public face of atheism.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I mean I guess it's true for Christianity too. Hitchens and Pat Robertson aren't all that different. I'm assuming there's plenty of Jewish equivalents in Israel and Muslim ones throughout the middle east.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ok op

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
its cool because 9/11 broke hitchens's brain but he retained all the specific things he knew about how conservatives were terrible assholes in the past so he loathed reagan but loved george w. bush. i mean who else can lay claim to that?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Zizek sans beard

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Peter is the superior Hitchens.

Even though he’s on a bender right now arguing that drug users ought to be punished even harder for their moral turpitude. Why would you smoke drugs in the first place when you can have a nice glass of milk?

Still better than his brother.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hitchens played a big part in my becoming less public with my atheism, because I didn't want to be associated with the racist, misogynist atheism that had become big in the UK. Hitchens and Dawkins should both have known better. It still makes me very angry that the media keeps assigning conservative shitbags to be the public face of atheism.

dropping some logic bombs on those muslims

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

honestly this idea is almost as funny as the guy who thought it be amazing for Zizek to debate elon loving musk

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Zizek: *sniffs loudly for a full minute*
Hitchens: "I love being waterboarded and dead"

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
the zizek/peterson "debate" proved that zizek "debating" anyone is dumb and basically impossible. all he does is spit on the very concept of the charade, say he's no different from his opponent, and then proceed to agree with everything they say while adding a bunch of gibberish and an incomprehensible soviet-era joke

it rules

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
zizek should insist that they bring sex toys to do the debating for them, and then they could an actual discussion

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

imagine the smell...

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

the zizek/peterson "debate" proved that zizek "debating" anyone is dumb and basically impossible. all he does is spit on the very concept of the charade, say he's no different from his opponent, and then proceed to agree with everything they say while adding a bunch of gibberish and an incomprehensible soviet-era joke

it rules

you either didn’t watch it or it went way over your head

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

etalian posted:

imagine the smell...

i cannot

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Animal-Mother posted:

*sniff* "Gno, Keereestofvveerrrr, you are, *sniff* perhhhlaps not understanding the poe-oint I amg gmaking...."

"SIR!"

".... In 1959, in kommoonist Chgheggoshlovakula...."

"SIR! No, no, SIR! We are about to come to blows, comrade!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

goldmine