Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

What is this about?
Machines Plays (MPs) describes when AI (neural networks especially) learns to play games. Beyond DeepMind and AlphaGo, the most notable one is MarI/O:
MarI/O - Machine Learning for Video Games | Neural network plays Super Mario World

I actually created a subreddit for this a year ago, but neglected it. DeepMind's game with Starcraft II gave it a bit more attention.

Here's another one:
Neural network plays Doom
I noticed that people have a peculiar reaction to watching AI learn to play games. It's different from watching a human do the same, and it's apparently hypnotic.

The gist is: post videos and articles of AI playing games here!

Yuli Ban fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
An example of AI doing something probably only an AI could do:
AI wins at Q*bert by exploiting a previously unknown glitch

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
anyone following the alphastar ladder games recently?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I'm very into this sorta thing, since this kind of machine learning AI is much more interesting as an opponent or teammate in games than just a 'bot'-style AI that processes the game a different way than the player does. Alphastar's matches are especially cool in this way because they use all sorts of techniques that they 'came up with' during their simulated games and don't act like a "okay they're sending an attack wave... now." type that we're used to.