Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Gynovore posted:

Right now, Homecoming consists 95% of people who played on the Live server; some of them spent every day missing CoH, while others are "eh, it's back, I'll play a few sewer runs". However, pretty soon word will leak out to the people who never played the original, that they can play a top-tier MMO for free with all the bells and whistles. Then, the server will be overwhelmed by the hordes of grubby pubbies who infest every F2P game.

When we start seeing accounts named xXxGokuWeedLord420xXx, it will be time to pack it in.

i'd be really surprised if this takes off in some major way, just because it's free doesn't mean the gameplay is going to attract a bunch of people (especially when there's a bunch of other free games out there...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

metasynthetic posted:

Is there a goon SG on Indom?

there's a global channel (@goonsquad) but no real SGs since prestige costs don't exist so you can just buy whatever and invite your own alts with the /altinvite command

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Glagha posted:

What is LotG and what is global recharge as opposed to... I dunno, normal recharge?

luck of the gambler, it's an IO set. global recharge is a recharge bonus that applies to all of your powers rather than just the specific one it's slotted in.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

khy posted:

I cannot for the life of me come up with a good name for my latest character.

A cyborg from the future, sent back to the past as an experiment. He's only supposed to be there an hour but due to erronious math is now stuck there for a century. He's found a way to get home sooner, by draining the excess energy of the temporal shift and use it to enhance his cybernetic defenses. So the more he fights, the sooner he can return home.

And I'm happy with everything EXCEPT THE drat NAME I cannot come up with anything good.

Mr. 24/7

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i didn't find rad/fire to be able to really get going until 32 when you get your pbaoe attack but it's fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Nah, I was looking at joining the goon server. A goon linked me to all the stuff about Tequila since I've never played CoX and it looked too complicated - I've messed up my computer before messing with stuff like that, so I'm erring on the side of caution.

Don’t bother with the goon server imo, most people are on the Homecoming server unless something changed a lot in the past couple weeks. You just have to download tequila and sign up for an account on their forums and it Just Works