Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mushroom_spore posted:

It's called Think Tank, but you have to fiddle with it because I think it defaults to an empty jar-helmet full of water. Maybe it's under full helmets or something, I don't remember, but one of my MMs has it. (It's only enabled on Homecoming that I know of though, I know reddit's i24 didn't have it working when I copied my handful of characters over for whenever I feel like trying i24 version of the game.)

I'm actually a huge fan of the empty tank of water. My friend made a plant/ice controller with a backstory that the character is a sentient pool of water/elemental given a robot body and its pissed at how the earth is degrading. I want to do something like that but haven't gotten any ideas. I did do a headless suit of armor but that ended up being less cool in practice than it was in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm not that upset to see DFB take a hit but man it was really nice doing 3 dfbs and hitting 18ish and having a really solid set of powers to start punching nazis with in steel canyon.

Titan Weapons is a set I need to play more of because it's basically a fury warrior from WoW which was one of the best specs in that game. Just do as much poo poo as you can in a 5 second window and probably kill everything in the pack in the process.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

clone on the phone posted:

How are tankers for soloing? I made a kickass mace/shield tanker but I'm worried things will take too long to die.

Shield helps a fair bit with this but it'll still be slower than a brute. Not unbearable though.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Harrow posted:

So, Brute vs. Scrapper: which do you prefer and why?

I prefer Brute because of the higher defenses and I tend to chain pull instances so I can generally sustain a high rage which averages out to more damage than the scrapper.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

LordSaturn posted:

the blaster changes are good as hell, so a better world IS possible

What did they change with blasters?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Someone give me the lowdown on controllers/dominators. I've never played one before because I've always been straightforward damage damage damage focused. They're not really a class you can solo with though, right? What are some good combinations with flavor synergy? Earth/kinetics might be best but it doesn't really jive with me on a "this makes sense for a superhero" level.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The biggest bummer about spiders is having to start red side. Red side is so low pop that it makes teaming hard. I just wanna be a spider with laser guns :saddowns:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This is why I always immediately hot Pocket D to Rogue or Vigilante my new characters, so I can just flip flop between whatever's convenient at the time.

Wait, what is this? Is this something that was added for homecoming?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I saw the typo, and opted to leave it.

There's a bird in Pocket D on top of a truck on red side who can do some alterations for free.

How do you get into pocket d on homecoming? Is it through the p2w vendor? I always just had a pocket d pass on my main account from buying the heroes vs villains edition back in the day, or whatever.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What are people's impressions on the Force of Will pool they're adding? It seems like a bit of a mishmash of abilities so I'm wondering if there's a reason to take them besides flavor/filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I still can't believe this game is back. Whenever I get the urge I can just fire this game up again and mess around with toons. It owns. :unsmith: