Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

theres 3 of us now

I rly need to finish the bio

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

So is there any kind of exodus happening from Indom to the goon server?
no

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I still think Kinetic Melee has some serious Real rear end Potential with the second wave of ATO sets. On a Stalker you're looking at pretty insane synergy with the Assassin's Strike proccing Hide for a guaranteed follow up crit, the tier 9 recharging Build Up on a crit, and the second Stalker proc recharging Build Up in whatever other power you wanna throw that in.

Put a Gaussian's proc in Build Up and reap the rewards of that double Build Up life.

You could do something similar for a Scrapper as well, keeping Power Siphon and the stacking damage buff going constantly, but I dunno if that makes up for the loss of Assassin's Strike.

kinetic stalker is the only stalker

its so much fun you just pop in and out of stealth doing sick kung fu moves and making chumps eat dirt while they all act like your too fast to see or w/e

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Martian Girl from Planet V, won't you marry me?

She's lookin' hungry, think she's gonna eat me!

Savage/Bio Brute is CRAZY good.

I snagged Powdered Milk Man but don't know what to do with it.

i tried to make powdered milk man on the rp server and couldnt.

i made this guy though, Super Rad the Rad/Rad Tanker

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Except they didn't gut it at all. It's slowly but increasingly less lucrative from 10-20, ending at 50% XP at 20. That's the gentlest possible way to nudge people towards doing literally anything other than DFB. People mindlessly grinding DFB are people not filling up TF teams, DiB teams, regular ole mission teams, or even AE teams.

Most people running it aren't doing so to skip to level 20 as fast as possible (and if you really want to that badly I'm sure there's AE farms that can do it faster even with the XP penalty), they're doing it because they want to push buttons and have XP come out. The problem is once they finally do get tired of it they're running around at level 20+ and have no idea how the entire rest of the game works. Or even their own drat powers since most of them will be turned off throughout the trial.

And even with the nerf in place, nothing's even changed, because people don't read the patch notes or don't care; the majority of groups advertising in the LFG channel are still for DFB. Which I think speaks to how pervasive it is and why they nerfed it in the first place.

Edit: Also in terms of low-level content, I obviously can't speak for what anyone else has seen or done 100 times already, but there's a shitload of it available. And with double XP you're not likely to need to exhaust every last contact in a zone before being able to move on, so you can do one with character A, another with character B, etc. You even have alternatives to the tedious Atlas/Mercy revamp content.

idk if youve done it after the patch john but they mega nerfed the xp even before 10. it takes 2 runs to get to 10 now instead of 1, with 100% xp active. and afte 10 it gets worse and worse.

ive rolled a 4-5 new alts since the patch and dfbed them to 10-12 just to skip ap/kr and it's definitely a lot slower. it's clearly unintended but they definitely hosed it up

edit: it actually seems like the 50% thats supposed to kick in at 20 or whatever has kicked in baseline, since the xp has dropped by pretty much exactly half.
i'm glad theres more 10-20 content teams but it sucks to roll alts and have it take forever to find out you hate how they play. Getting almost to the bottom of your primary tree at 18 was a nice taste of how the powers worked, and took like a half hour-45 minutes.

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 3, 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

It took a bit of digging to find a post about it but apparently XP boosters aren't playing nice with the new XP curve. It's a known issue to be fixed next patch.

cool. I don't mind the xp tapering bc ppl were doing that poo poo to 50 or whatever, I just wanna try everything til i find something I like and thats why i have 20 characters

thanks for reading my blog post

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

staff/bio armor stalker is fun as hell. haunt the colosseum and poke ppl to death with ur trident

edit: i have no idea what page i left open but ppl were talking about staff combat lol

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

also stalkers should stick their hide proc in assassin strike for super obvious reasons regardless of any of that nerd poo poo

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

if you don't it actually kinda breaks assassin's focus. if the proc re-hides you, and you get enough stacks of focus for instant-AS, it will try to longcast AS and waste it because you're hidden

yeah. also if youre not initiating you should have a backup "opener" like Kinetic's Burst or Concentrated Strike bc longcast AS sucks rear end!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

re: enhancements its seriously worth looking at the AH for cheap lvl 25 recipes at 22 bc they can be way better than just using normal single-stat enhancements, and also cheaper than buying the recipes at the workbench. buying up a ton of different 1000 inf recipes or whatever for a new character with 2 stats + a set bonus beats the hell out of 30k or whatever workbench recipes imo. just make sure you dont buy any with rare mats that you cant afford

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

for science purposes i need to know what the tankiest possible stalker secondary is

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

for science purposes i need to know what the tankiest possible stalker secondary is

the answer is I just need to loving take power surge on my Kin/EM stalker I'm pretty sure, but I don't wanna and have no idea what to drop for it.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

boxen posted:

Oh, good. I wanted a combo that was OP-ish, just so I can play it badly and still be pretty okay. I got a TW/Electric brute up to around 14 and was thinking it kind of sucked, glad that it picks up before long.

TW is all about stringing together big loving combos that feel great and sound huuuuge so the more you lower cooldowns and endurance costs to keep your sword/axe/whatever moving the more badass it gets

EA is just one of the coolest defensive sets period IMO. you get great immunities and infinite END, and I guess a PBAOE damage field since you're not a stalker but I am The Stalker Guy so I only know how much I love it on Stalkers bc it keeps the assassin strikes rolling

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Hakarne posted:

That's kind of how I feel about it. An oh poo poo button is kind of nice but gently caress there are so many other good and useful things to take.

If I could get the uptime better I'd be happier with it, like Rage which is 100% uptime minus the ten second crash. I don't need 100%, I'm a loving stalker I have ninja poo poo, but 3 minutes is more than I need at once + the cooldown is mega long. If it was one minute or 90 seconds of power with higher overall uptime I think it'd be more useful.

I might just drop placate for it since I don't really use it since I got my archetype enhancements maxed and purpled and it seems like more of a solo skill. If I could skip the quick strike/body blow choice I would, since I don't really use QS and skip BB already

edit: then again with it's crash being "lol ur ded kid" maybe it lasting for loving ever is what it needs to do. hell if I know, I'll play around with it tonight.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

ED came with I6, on 10/27/05. Inventions came with I9, on 5/1/07. So, just over 2½ years between them.

I missed out on the whole anger over it because I didn't start until just before I7 went on the Test Server, and I didn't pay any attention to the forum posts about it.

I think you mean Elec? EA is Energy Aura…

they have the same initials and I've never seen anyone take energy defense so i forgot it exists lol

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

the answer is I just need to loving take power surge on my Kin/EM stalker I'm pretty sure, but I don't wanna and have no idea what to drop for it.
respecced a bunch and did patron power quests (and finally got proper defensive enhancement slotting in the process)

I dropped placate bc gently caress placate. No one likes you placate why did I take you. I was wrong to ever take placate over PS its so good how the gently caress did i play stalker without shadow meld, moon beam, and power surge. Jesus christ what the gently caress is body mastery compared to instasnipes that get stealth crits and weave right into a stalker rotation, or massive def steroids with 50% uptime

Nonexistence posted:

Power surge also looks cooler than most armor T9s!

hell yeah it does.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Ghost of Starman posted:

Someone was saying earlier that the numbers on Staff only really work on Stalkers (I think)?

stalker loving loves staff

it doesn't get an AOE as good as Kin but it scraps better imo. i need to get on the test server and gently caress around with all the sets i didnt get a chance to level to 22 before the dfb nerf

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

spectralent posted:

Dark Miasma

Did you look at defender, then at controller, then defender again, and then weep, because you couldn't pick and didn't know you have like seventy thousand character slots? GOOD NEWS, Dark Miasma exists! Dark Miasma has always been one of my favourite sets because it's just such a weird little beast, combining some potent debuffs and a nice heal with actual no-poo poo mez effects on good recharges like a controller. Your heal and rez are enemy targetted, and will gently caress up things they hit with debuffs (a little bit for the heal, a LOT for the rez, to the point where you could use it for that purpose if nobody's dying), and Shadow Fall is a resistance and stealth aura that you'll see in a fair few support sets, with the twin perks that it resists psionic, which can be hard to come by, and it's Fear resistance as well, which is VERY hard to come by.

Debuffs wise, you have a point-and-click -resistance patch that slows people, a heavy -acc and -dam debuff anchor, and... Fearsome Stare's large accuracy debuff. But that's not why you're taking Fearsome Stare. Fearsome Stare is also a cone fear power on a pretty short recharge; enough to keep it up indefinitely on a group with some slotting. Added to this Petrifying Gaze, a competent single target hold, and if you really wanted Black Hole, an AOE intangibility effect (you can't hit them, they can't hit you), and the fact it gets an all-rounder support pet for it's pinnacle slot, and you have a defender which has multiclassed into controller.

Dark Servant, the pet, is very good, incidentally, and will duplicate a lot of your powers, meaning you'll get stacking holds and lots of -tohit and healing from both of you.

Five stars. Dark is great.

Miasma actually gets six stars because of the loud-rear end HOWLING TWILIGHT noise you get to spam imo

Inzombiac posted:

Help, I can't come up with a compelling reason to make a Blaster over a Corruptor.

there is none

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i know indom is the goon server or w/e but the rp server is a shitload of fun if you want to see some real weirdos. its great.

i made an Aquabat there like day 1 and i forgot how much fun grouping with Very Serious RPers and furries and their tragic backstories as a washed up radioactive ska musician is

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

Counterpoint: last night I was in a DFB that had (The) George Lucas and Quentin Tarantino in it and they were going all in on the quotes and filmmakers schtick and it was great.

Although that probably happens more on the rp server :shobon:

I was in a group that had a person speaking Praetorian Clockwork, so they go a little deeper on that server I think

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

I just wish Poison had alternate animations. Other sets and powers that do the whole "I'm using my mouth to harm you!" schtick let you swap it out for hand blast-y stuff, but not Poison. :(
i wish you could make people puke even harder with it

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

clone on the phone posted:

I have trouble not taking matching pairs of sets so archery has to be paired with trick arrow and makes me do things like an ice/ice tanker. May not be the best choices but it makes me happy.

RAD/RAD tanker is Super Rad

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Hakarne posted:

I spent way too much time thinking about this one

Translation if you don't want to read backwards:

You always told your kids not to do it, although you weren't really sure. But you just HAD to know and you finally played that record backwards after you found it in storage. Well I'm here now and you aren't, stupid boomer scum. Ha ha ha ha!

Stairway to Heaven

"Oh here’s to my sweet Satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan. He will give those with him 666. There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan.” (These are the supposed demonic lyrics if you play Stairway to Heaven backwards).

Demon names will be:

Yzo Enruobso

Seltaeb
Neeuq

Reyals
Selgae
Xyts

I'm debating going all in and only typing backwards in team chat

Edit: Also, I typed the bio up on my phone and it automatically underlined the phrase "tool shed". I clicked on it and it linked me to a gay bar in California. I took it as a sign that the dark lord was blessing my work. Laih Natas!

owns

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

null's a good gull

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

hot door btw

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

edit slightly better pic

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 23, 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

HPanda posted:

And he better be a Titan Weapon user if he's not a kheldian (I'm not super familiar with the lore on all that).

warshade

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

I already have a farmbrute anyway. I'm mostly just wondering whether a Tanker's ability to tank enemies and never die brings enough to a group to offset the lack of damage you'd be bringing if you were a Brute with the same power sets instead.

they can still do ok enough damage and bruising means you buff everyone else's damage a little bit, plus actually holding some drat aggro means full damage players are free to do even more damage

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

buff kinetic melee pay no attention to the stalker behind the curtain

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm doing the same but for Dual Pistols.

Here's hoping these cool as hell sets get some buffs so they can be both cool and good.

also hear me out Dual Pistol Stalker where it's all just emptying your guns into people point blank+pistol whipping. Executioner's Shot would be the Assassin's Strike it would be cool as gently caress

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

gently caress yeah, I'd roll one of those immediately given the option

imagine breaking Hide like

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

I ended up going with Polar Lights on my main because summoning little magical familiars fit his theme the best, so I guess I'm glad they're apparently AoE monsters.

probably going to do the same on my SJ/I stalker bc there's no street level idiots to call in

just lemme summon some Skuls or something, or rogue PPD or whatever

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

clone on the phone posted:

I think that might be the crux of my problem. I don’t know what goals I should be aiming for. Things like recharge and end reduction/modification, def/res (soft) caps, damage amounts, procs etc. is there a resource that gives suggested amounts for ATs?

permahaste is a good one for every char basically

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

just be a vigilante so you get to rob ghost widow and fight a cthulhu, its like the coolest tf/sf but then you can go back to populated zones

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Merilan posted:

omg they can just straight up be Pawns. "Heroes travel in packs, Arisen!" "They love Kinetics!"

It seems all roads lead to Atlas Park

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

It's pretty basic in the grand scheme of things but the Market Crash trial is, AFAIK, entirely original content rather than just porting geometry or polishing up unfinished I24 content.

it also awards a purple recipe on first completion

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

OgNar posted:

Well sure, but in the meantime the rest of the team is fighting (and possibly dying multiple times) to get to your position, which would have been easier if you just would have stuck with the team and had fun on the way.

I'm actually seeing this a bit, where someone will just stealth to the end of the map and just attack the boss.
Why not just join one of the servers where you can just give yourself max XP and not have to do all the missions.
look as an idiot stalker sometimes i think "i bet i can take this guy and his bodyguards" and i gotta try it even if i intended to team tp my friends in

John Murdoch posted:

I will also go to bat for the Shadow Shard itself. The geysers are janky but far less janky than people make them out to be. The decision to not launch with them marked on the map, on the other hand, was a baaaaad idea. Same with lacking any of kind of easy travel options. (Yes, please note that originally you had to travel through each zone in order.)

All four zones have the same too-large problem as most early zones, but it at least works in their favor and each feels designed rather than just cobbled together from the same five pre-fab city bits.

While I hate the rampant C+P nature of Faathim the Kind's TF, the big finish where you linearly climb the path to the Storm Palace is actually still pretty cool.

i loving love the storm palace and its huge wall of text badges. buying a half hour of jetpack and running for Hate Machine or Fist of Fury on a new alt is cool. place has a rad aesthetic

edit: the shadow shard geysers can eat a loving dick tho theyre the loving worst trying to do that 4 hour TF with no flight made me want to die

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Relentless posted:

You know a couple of heroes got teleportation or superspeed and then realized they could make pretty good money on delivery tips.

The Doordasher

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

his nemesis, OberstEats, works for the 5th column

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

gently caress me now i want to make both of those i have too many alts already