Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
edit: wrong thread

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They should next see if they can widen cone melee attacks so they actually got more than just the dude in front of you

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/chanjoin goonsquad

Goon groups aren't gonna give a poo poo if you don't have a travel power. Use those temp powers.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sufficient posted:

Okay, just picked up and rolled a fire/kin Corr on Indomitable. I missed this game so dang much, but I don’t really want to do Discord, but I wanna play the game with goons again. @Sufficient

/Chanjoin goonsquad

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Glagha posted:

It said right in the song she's changing her name from Kitty to Karen, can't even follow lore right 1/10

It is also, at best, a medium length jacket.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

HPanda posted:

A gun stalker could just be a shotgun powerset. By videogame logic, melee range is all you get from shotguns, anyway. The one ranged power could be "This Is What Shotguns Actually Do."

Sounds good to me!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crasical posted:

Why I rolled DP/Ninja

That's going to be society's third costume after classic Joker

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Logged in for the first time in about two weeks these last few days and goon chat has been dead. What's up?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Could have been, but usually there's a steady stream of goon chat happening.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

spectralent posted:

It's viable to use Beast Run as soon as you can visit the P2W vendor. SS/SJ are faster by a significant amount and SJ gives you much higher jumps, but you can make do. Beast Run is free if it's your first premium travel power.

And don't forget to take the jump pack, too. You're set for travel powers between those two until you feel like respeccing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

I made more characters. I may have altitis.

Highly Visible Ninja, a bright orange large-gender ninja. Kinetic/Energy Brute. I went through a lot of AT/power options before settling on that, I could have easily gone Katana, Dual Blade, or Titan Weapon. I also considered being an actual stalker, but faceninjaing through everything seemed funnier than actually being undetectable despite being enormous and bright orange.

Highschool Crush, Gravity/Kinetic Controller. Short schoolgirl with the seismic path aura. HVN also has the seismic path, but I may change that to something more visible.

I'll get some pictures once I'm off my laptop and find the screenshot button. Come to think of it, I can probably run this on my laptop.

SHe needs to team up with my dual blades scrapper, Anime Bodypillow

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also, dire wolf is dumb, it should be a bear

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Good to know. I'm an inveterate caster in MMOs, though, I don't tend to like melee. I've been browsing the wiki and looking over power sets, and for good or ill the ones that have caught my imagination haven't been talked about much if at all in this game.

Probably won't look into trying the game until my current MMO subscription expires, but where would I go (PM me if :files: is indeed a concern) for a step by step guide to getting the game up and running?

Also, how much does origin affect the game, if at all? I have no idea how story-focused or not this game is.

You might want Blaster for majority ranged/glass cannon play time. Controllers are amazing, hard lock downs of single targets as well as AOE holds, immobilizes, sleeps, ect based on power type. Some come with pets. They have a secondary power set all about buffs/debuffs.

Dominators are similar to Controllers, excecpt their secondary allows them to poo poo out crazy amounts of damage. There will be some melee attacks in there, but you don't have to take them.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
SO heads up, if someone quits a taskforce, it can bug out and have you groundhog day the same mission over an over. We were doing POSI1 with some pubbies and I had the level at +2, forgetting that no one else was at 15+, so those ambush waves in the one vhaz mission wiped us. Pubbie quit and we got trapped in hell.

About to relog to see if that fixed it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

I'll probably pick those up eventually, but my only movement power is Super Speed, and I got that at 22 when I got tired of being shot in the back from several blocks away because I ran too close to a mugging. I was using Beast Run+a prestige sprint before that (And after, too, because it's in theme), I'm not completely insane.

CJ+SS is very nice, I use that on my dark/dark controller

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I forsee us all migrating to goon server soon.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Golden Girl alt account found

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
76 grabbed me, then I was playing dungeons 3, came back to reduced population thanks to FFXIV and now I'm back on my stardew bullshit

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

You're actually admitting to playing 76?

There's a difference?

i was also playing anthem before CoH came back

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I AM THE MOON posted:

this is almost as bad as The Anthem Goon

words can hurt

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It makes me irrationally angry and I cannot express why

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bieeanshee posted:

I'm sorry for calling you Toonmot that one time, all those years back. ;(

I know it was done from love

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Did they gently caress with super reflexes? I've just opened a contact in the first ward and I'm getting instadropped by even level mobs. I know I have a problem with psychic attacks, but it seems every other contact I have wants to give me CoT and those ghost auras laugh at SR

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey I got a new laptop and apparently copied the wrong text file of binds. Who has a link to those mastermind binds, the set I copied over are not the ones I was using on my old computer.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

Here's Sandolphan's binds, those are the ones I used.

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Mastermind_Numpad_Pet_Controls

YES!! those were them!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ramen Pride! posted:

*It's the Centipedes in my Vagina billboard, right? Sigh.

No, that's still wonderful

I'd dump the "C***K in my armor" billboard too. That and the bathroom signs should be it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wdtfml4xt1ephc/Goonbox-modified.rar?dl=0&file_subpath=%2Fdata

This is the version someone provided last year. Anything in the sounds that's marked "old", just delete the non-old version and then edit the file name to get rid of _Old to restore Shovar's kid's and honeycombs and a couple other things.

Saturn

So basically, goonbox started as a sound replacement for the /boombox command to put actual songs in there, like bananaphone, ra ra rasputine, intergalactic, bunch of other cool/silly/weird songs. Then we went ham, replacing texture files so that billboards displayed some photoshop friday memes, and just spicing up background images as well as other sounds.

The most infamous, is RamenPride's kids yelling at you in any mission that has a glowie in it. Instead of a quiet hum that you can hardly hear right next to the objective, you hear the space robots from like a room away and it's directional, so it really does guide you in.

To install it, just unzip it into your coh/data folder

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ramen Pride! posted:

Working on it! ;)

*I could use a list of what you guys consider to be THE most annoying sound files so they don't get used or remixed.

All of the weapon sheath/unsheath sounds. Hassan Chop gets deleted right away.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Comfortador posted:

My main fire blaster in live was Pyroclastic Flow. I was able to get that name YEARS into live. It's taken on Indomitable. I sense a vast conspiracy. :tizzy:

I tried that and Flo with a fire controller when this went public and had no luck

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've been popping in every couple days while recovering from surgery, but I'm gonna be headed back to work in a week or so.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I started Bullet Nurse, an empathy/pistol defender on excelsior and I'm having a loving blast even if empathy is a one trick pony.

How are people slotting fortitude? Recharge? Or just increase the various buffs?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, but in the last three days since I made this character, I'm already two dots from level 40. I haven't had this easy a time finding groups since the servers went public and there was the initial goonrush

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So adding fly speed to afterburner increases my top speed, but is that just the cap or do I also need to slot fly speeds in fly to hit that cap?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Jesus gently caress are level 50 iOS expensive. I got my empathy to 47 and respecced, dropped 20 million on set recipes only to find out that generics are still like 400k from the terminal.

#1 how do I make mad influence, just sell conversions?

#2 and good empathy io builds googling gives me a bunch of conflicting stuff with set bonuses that make no sense.

#3 anyone just want to send @soonmot 30 million influence?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/\ahhhh the terminal was so much cheaper when I got the level 25 ones that I didn't bother checking the ah

I'd rather do something fun with a character I want to play, though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Okay, that brings up another question, what does conversion do? Do I know they change enhancements, but how?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
awesome thank you.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
jesus gently caress, maybe I SHOULD do that. What other builds work for farming? If something clicks for me, I could give it a shot.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
How would dark/dark fare with their -acc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Thank you all, guess fire/spines it is. And not real preference between brute or tank?