Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am coming back to this fukken game.

Where is Tommy and his loving FIRETRUCKS super baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Spines/Fire begs to disagree.

Edit: goddamnit. I need to stop being a scrub and play this.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
US law gets harder to avoid the more money they make.

The actual owners of IP can sue, but actual damages has to do with how much money they lost due to the plaintiff's actions. If the people running the server are barely breaking even, it makes that case harder.

It gets harder to understand with regards to Abandonware, but it they turned a one million dollar profit tomorrow, a cease and desist would immediately show up.

Disclaimer: not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure that is how the case would work.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Rad/Fire Brute is buff as hell.

Once you slot up Irradiated Ground and Blazing Aura with procs, and have level 40+ IOs... you are good to go. All the billions of inf just make your consumption of purples decrease, and your speed increase.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Storm/Water defender has let me down a bit as of level 25. I feel like i am not actually helping my mishbros.

I don't have buffs or a big heal, am I helping more than I think?

I am bringing like 10% defense all, and 15% damage. I basically cast Ice Storm and Whirlpool.

Am I just at a point where Defender is weak because I don't have slots or my level 30ish power?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

John Murdoch posted:

The -KB proc won't help much with Hurricane because you're still going to be actively repelling enemies.

A quick breakdown of Storm:

Gale - Lemme guess, you skipped Gale? Everyone skips Gale. Everyone is dumb and a butt. :colbert: Use this to corral mobs into walls and corners or just knock them on their asses for a while if they're immobilized. This is less important once you have Hurricane, but you can never have too many ways to proc knockback/down IMO.

O2 Boost - Actually kinda mediocre. Nice to have to top people off but otherwise whatever, it's a heal. Will make idiots on PUGs happy to see green numbers pop up.

Snow Storm - Do not sleep on Snow Storm. A baseline 60% movement and recharge slow on a whole mob is actually huge for keeping it contained and struggling to follow up their alpha. Recharge slow is a really difficult to perceive form of defense but it does make a difference.

Steamy Mist - The most common misconception about Steamy Mist is that it's a defense power. Even on a Defender, which is the best case scenario, it gives a whopping 5% defense. Maybe if you're on a team of Scrappers where each and every one is within spitting distance of the softcap that will matter. Otherwise what will really make your team happy is the baseline 20% Fire/Cold/*Energy* resistance.

Freezing Rain - As you've correctly identified this is the best power in the set. It's obscenely good.

Hurricane - This power has a steep learning curve but once you figure it out it's just as bonkers strong defensively as Freezing Rain is offensively. On a Defender it's a goddamn massive 37.5% to-hit debuff. (Negative to-hit is the same thing as positive defense, so note that combined with that tiny 5% from Steamy Mist your team will basically be softcapped against enemies it's debuffing, before you even take enhancements into account.) As with Gale the trick is to force enemies into a corner or at least a wall, brushing into them to keep enemies in a single clump. Hover can help you position smoother. Never ever turn this on while standing in the dead center of a mob. A secondary use is that you basically cannot be threatened by melee attacks ever again - if enemies can even reach you they're going to have a hell of a time cracking through the debuff.

Thunder Clap - Suffers from the accuracy tax all AoE mez powers have...but you're also never not going to be throwing this against mobs with -30% (or more) defense from Freezing Rain, so.... Note that this only stuns minions. Ultimately a bit of a filler power but the animation is rad and if you have other sources of stun on the team you're golden. Keep in mind it's PBAoE though, so use it with Hurricane off or after you've trapped enemies in a big pile.

Tornado - One of the least talked about powers in the game. Even I sadly don't have much experience with it firsthand. It's basically a chaos elemental that does more of what you're already doing. Want even more defense debuffing? Want to throw enemies around even more? Want to stun them a bit? Hell, want to terrify them enough that they freak out and try to run away (but can't because you've got Snow Storm running)? Well this is the power for you.

Lightning Storm - Possibly a bit overrated but it certainly has intimidation factor. Damage, even more knockback, plus some endurance drain that's largely irrelevant unless you're Elec Blast. This doesn't make or break the set, it's really just the cherry on top to an already fantastic list of powers.

Thanks for the advice! I got to like 33 last night and he finally started doing more once he had Tornado, and then Lightning.

Edit: slotting enhancements also helped. I grabbed an attuned Achilles Heel for my Ice Storm, and... some recharge reduction.

I don't usually do enhancements until level 27. So, playing a build that requires a ton of Recharge Reduction might not be the best experience for an ADHD interaction-based person like myself.

Edit2: I also put an attuned KB->KD into Tornado. That was a 'Uge improvement.:smugdon:

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 4, 2019

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
How do we start a petition for Clown MM?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Update that I am sure everyone cares about:

As of level 39, Storm/Water Defender is loving amazing.

What it took: 4pc Dark Watcher in Hurricane, 5pc Annihilation in Freezing Rain and the Whirlpool ability, 5pc Expedient Reinforcement + KB->KD in Tornadoes.

It starts being amazing. I was doing a Fire farm earlier, and i was being really impactful. Felt good.

Edit: after using my abilities, every attack I have goes to a 95% chance to hit.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 5, 2019

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I can make 10M inf in like 10 minutes. How long does it take to get the accolade?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

FrostyPox posted:

Toon is the worst word and people who use it are monsters

I'm glad we are all in agreement.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I maintain the use of mishtoon.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Those are all great.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I love the entirety of City of Goons.

It is a great time capsule.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Yeah. Fire Farms for Fun and Profit are just about having 90% Fire Resist, 45.0 Fire Defense, and good AOE attacks.

The reason -accuracy won't help as much is if the effect is hitting mobs that are not in your aggro cap.

The level 53 (+4/x8) bosses/archvillains hit really hard. With defense cap and resist cap, you are nearly invulnerable ... as long as you don't fall asleep.

/Fire gives you damage pulse, heal, endurance, damage buff, and fire resist... there is a good reason everyone uses it.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
What server are people on?

I have an itch to play!

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
How do you increase the kinetic power of you ammo?

WITH YOUR FISTS

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Maybe they should track user numbers before and after these changes to find out if it's a good change.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Just reading Seeds of Confusion and Dominator made me immediately hear: "LET'S GET READY TO RUUUMMMMMBLLLLLLEEEE!"

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
If you hate any part of the Plant / Psi Dominator playstyle, we can't be friends.

AOE Confuse
Plant Tentacles
Piranha Plant Pet
Constant ... Incessant ... Screaming

These are the elements necessary for my enjoyment.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
(That was my first 50, and while it was really powerful, I got so tired of hearing the PBAOE scream attack.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
VARIABLE. POINT. POWER. POOL.