Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Hey guys, if there's Gay Pride, why isn't there Straight Pri...*falls head-first into toilet*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Who on earth could clean that up?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Hey guys, if there's Gay Pride, why isn't there Straight Pri...*falls head-first into toilet*

*extremely Ron Howard narration voice* The toilet wanted to fall head first into another toilet.

alnilam

I tried kissing dudes a few times and it was okay but didn't do much for me. Hey at least i tried. I'll see u in jail i guess

alnilam

Do i get out of jail when june is over or ??

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

hamjobs posted:

*extremely Ron Howard narration voice* The toilet wanted to fall head first into another toilet.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Do i get out of jail when june is over or ??

only if you make a lot of macaroni and glitter signs that say "i love you and i really don't like mayo"

Goons Are Gifts

Beards tickle.

Farecoal

There he go
Haven't kissed anyone yet, pretty sure I'm not attracted to dudes tho

Farecoal

There he go

hamjobs posted:

Well, pride in my town is cancelled due to reasons. It's still happening. I'm just not going.

It's not safe for trans, nonbinary and gnc people and definitely not safe for poc.

have you considered a hostile takeover

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I might actually get shot if I tried

Farecoal

There he go
uh something something power of love?

In all seriousness, that's awful and I'm sorry :(
You're always welcome at Chicago Pride unless that's lovely too

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i was raised with 4 female role models and 1 male role model, i am a male (both identify as male and was born with male genitalia) however i seem to have femme qualities because people seem to have trouble figuring out if i'm gay or not so I thought maybe i'm a lesbian female in a man's body but I don't think i have gender dysphoria because i am totally comfortable being male and so im just generally confused run-on sentence. if anyone here would like to share their thoughts on what any of this means i say go for it.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

alnilam

The important thing is you're comfortable being who you are. If that means you're cis and hetero then so be it. we can share a cell in straight jail until july rolls around

ty manifisto

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Dick Bastardly posted:

i was raised with 4 female role models and 1 male role model, i am a male (both identify as male and was born with male genitalia) however i seem to have femme qualities because people seem to have trouble figuring out if i'm gay or not so I thought maybe i'm a lesbian female in a man's body but I don't think i have gender dysphoria because i am totally comfortable being male and so im just generally confused run-on sentence. if anyone here would like to share their thoughts on what any of this means i say go for it.

It sounds like you're a bit femme and identify with femme stuff, but if you're entirely comfortable being considered and seeing yourself as male you might not class yourself as non-binary or trans.

That being said, if that femme quality is entirely from the perspective of others and you don't feel it much within yourself, then that doesn't really decide who you are. It's all about how your perspective and what your brain is telling you with gut feelings.

In any case, mannerisms, hobbies, manner of speech, how you dress don't say much about sexuality or gender. I know cisgender straight dudes who wear femme clothes sometimes or makeup. In a world where people aren't insecure, transphobic and homophobic people would basically just say "Who cares." to gender expectations regarding those things and do as they like.

You might just be a kinda femme straight man.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It sounds like you're a bit femme and identify with femme stuff, but if you're entirely comfortable being considered and seeing yourself as male you might not class yourself as non-binary or trans.

That being said, if that femme quality is entirely from the perspective of others and you don't feel it much within yourself, then that doesn't really decide who you are. It's all about how your perspective and what your brain is telling you with gut feelings.

In any case, mannerisms, hobbies, manner of speech, how you dress don't say much about sexuality or gender. I know cisgender straight dudes who wear femme clothes sometimes or makeup. In a world where people aren't insecure, transphobic and homophobic people would basically just say "Who cares." to gender expectations regarding those things and do as they like.

You might just be a kinda femme straight man.

I do actually get the femme thing though, like, i get what people see i think. there have been times when i thought i might be bi but when i think about sex with a man it doesn't turn me on at all. I do find some men sexually appealing though? it's just the actual sex part that i don't really get turned on by in regard to men. I enjoy sex with females though :shrug:

I guess borderline bi would be the best descriptor. I used to be very uncomfortable at the thought that others see some kind of gay quality in me, but now im totally ok with it.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
so yeah, slighly femme straight guy, thats pretty much it :)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Straight guy checking in with my frens to tell them I love them and support them even though there are fun nazis in the world who try to ruin it for everyone!

:glomp:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The good news is that nice straight people don't have to go to straight jail unless they want to but all the other cishets go to jail sorry y'all

Also it's okay to be femme and not identify as trans it nonbinary. It's okay to not know exactly where you are on the spectrum of sexuality or gender. Questioning is absolutely good and valid and I'm proud of you.

Everyone put on your comfy pants, today's gender is fat pants and French fries.

artoke

hamjobs posted:

Everyone put on your comfy pants, today's gender is fat pants and French fries.

Well I'm bi (bi+ now that I know that's a thing) and I was questioning but I think I have found my true gender!

but really, questioning is cool. i keep catching myself wanting to just have all of this figured out, but something about the journey being as important as the destination.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Actually my gender today is bees

Every day my gender is a swarm of bees

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hamjobs posted:

In this case I think I WILL have the bees in my eyes a la Nick Cage thank you

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

I tried kissing dudes a few times and it was okay but didn't do much for me. Hey at least i tried. I'll see u in jail i guess

Just be you, Al. No reason to be anybody else.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Splatmaster posted:

Straight guy checking in with my frens to tell them I love them and support them even though there are fun nazis in the world who try to ruin it for everyone!

We love you too, Splat!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kissing dudes is good but sometimes I have to tell them not to scratch my face with their face because some dudes have hedgehog beards and whole I like looking at them it is not great to have them mashed into my sensitive facebits

Or any bits

Protip pls oil ur beards

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
good thing my body is naturally oily!

Goons Are Gifts

hamjobs posted:

Kissing dudes is good but sometimes I have to tell them not to scratch my face with their face because some dudes have hedgehog beards and whole I like looking at them it is not great to have them mashed into my sensitive facebits

Or any bits

Protip pls oil ur beards

Easy fix: Lick the man. Lick all the men.

Stoner Sloth

hamjobs posted:

Or any bits

Protip pls oil ur beards

If you're going to keep a pet beard you should oil it any ways so it doesn't get all gross. Also clearly to avoid scratching the bits.

Splatmaster posted:

:same:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

hamjobs posted:

*whispers* bees are all girls, though

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

:monocle:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Incorrect, bees have multiple sexes: queens, drones and workers are the three most common.

Goons Are Gifts

:eng101:
Actually!
Like all eusocial hymenoptera, worker bees are genderless. They only still have redundant female genitals due to how their genetics work, as they have neither X nor Y chromosomes or any other gonosome, but females have two full sets of chromosomes and are diploid, whereas males are always haploid and only have one set of chromosomes.
From a human perspective, only queens are in that sense female and only drones are male, while in fact all castes are neither (when compared to our genetics, that is, we simply use those terms for ease) but their genes define their caste and role, not their gender.

Edit: The correct scientific term in contrast to male/female for eusocial insects by the way is "Alate".

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 21, 2019

Stoner Sloth

To avoid being the annoying straight dude who derails the thread with stuff... would it be alright (and of course would people be interested) to talk about how weirdly varied 'sex determination' chromosomes are in animals?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

To avoid being the annoying straight dude who derails the thread with stuff... would it be alright (and of course would people be interested) to talk about how weirdly varied 'sex determination' chromosomes are in animals?

that would be a good thread.

also if you can tie it back to intersex expression in humans and keep it on topic with pride then i think it would be ok here, but otherwise another thread.

Stoner Sloth

I'll leave it for another thread then I think cause I'm not really knowledgeable about all sorts of things and people's experiences to do that well, the main thing I could see is that it really hits home how much more complex sex (let alone gender) determination is in the natural world than some people would like to believe and that's even just on a genetic basis, let alone the added complexity of psychological or social ones that humans have.

That and platypus are v strange animals.

But really if anything I should be reading this thread to hopefully learn more, and to hope all your Pride months are full of good things personally and things in general getting better.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 21, 2019

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
happy pride i bought a train ticket to see a guy before he moves outta state and he didnt care to have me so i'm not going

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

lmbo calrissian posted:

happy pride i bought a train ticket to see a guy before he moves outta state and he didnt care to have me so i'm not going

Use the train ticket to go see someone better and also don't forget that you can have snacks on the train and an adventure!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

go to a new city and gently caress and stranger

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Goons Are Great posted:

:eng101:
Actually!
Like all eusocial hymenoptera, worker bees are genderless. They only still have redundant female genitals due to how their genetics work, as they have neither X nor Y chromosomes or any other gonosome, but females have two full sets of chromosomes and are diploid, whereas males are always haploid and only have one set of chromosomes.
From a human perspective, only queens are in that sense female and only drones are male, while in fact all castes are neither (when compared to our genetics, that is, we simply use those terms for ease) but their genes define their caste and role, not their gender.

Edit: The correct scientific term in contrast to male/female for eusocial insects by the way is "Alate".

I have learned much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

hamjobs posted:

Use the train ticket to go see someone better and also don't forget that you can have snacks on the train and an adventure!