Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Ninja Turtles game is the worst game Platinum has done. It's funny that nobody brought it up until you saw it on a wiki, but also not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I haven't played the PS3/Xbox 360 games (or their 3DS spin-off) so I have no opinion there.

The Lords of Shadow games are just God of War clones, really.

LoS2 is a good example of how not to design a game like that, though. Lets make enemies with shields and guns, you can only break the shields by using meter which you can only charge up by comboing enemies and not getting hit, oh there's no other enemy type in the arena and they're flying off to the rear end end of the battlefield to shoot you, okay.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Has there been any actual evidence this is happening? I'd love for it to, but I've been hearing rumors about it since the switch came out with little more than a promotional CGI image where if you squint it looks like Wonder Red is playing W101 on a switch.

I think somebody from Platinum had an interview with... Hajime Tabata of all people where they said they wanted to port it, and also there's been weird promotional images aside from that one that hint at it, but it's been wink wink nudge nudge stuff for years now with no announcement or anything so who knows?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Someone in here was asking about proof of a Wonderful 101 port a little while ago, and inside Gematsu's BitSummit interview with some Platinum folks there was this tidbit.

quote:

You’ve previously brought up the possibility of bringing The Wonderful 101 to Switch. What do fans need to do to make it happen?

Inaba: “Yeah, I think I said that on multiple occasions. And I’m glad that I did. So if you could be patient with it, that’ll be great.”

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/platinum-games-interview-with-atsushi-inaba-and-takahisa-taura-at-bitsummit-7-spirits

Also in that interview, an explanation for their logo being dropped from the Granblue game. It's exactly the mundane thing people thought it was.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

teh_Broseph posted:

Dang, last batch of Xbox back compatibility games announced and no Otogi in there. That one may be lost to the sands of time and only available on original Xbox hardware, ouch. I really wanted to see what was up with that game, too.

They're stopping Xbone BC specifically because their next system is supposed to play everything and that's where the resources are going.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Also, to help you out with the camera, tapping R1 to bring up the roulette wheel will NOT remove your kick-me sign, and will instantly turn you to face an enemy. You can even cycle through various available enemies, and then cancel without using the roulette move.

oh god drat it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think it's fine if it's not strictly an action game, I liked Nier: A.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

somehow all these years i've managed to avoid knowing she has a gun/guns

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

wonder of it's more than a coincidence that stage 3 has you pass through two ni-oh gates and then just gives you the freaking diskarmor from Rygar

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oh well, bayo 3 got me to replay PS2 Rygar so it's got that going for it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Is Stranger of Paradise any good?
I don't give a poo poo about Final Fantasy but I do like the idea of replicating the FF14: Shadowbringers trailer in gameplay form, but also the game seems to run and look like absolute garbage.

its nioh with magic sekiro parries.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/soleil-absorbs-valhalla-game-studios

Soleil is Valhalla Game Studios, they absorbed them previously. I think they were both formed by expats of Tecmo under the same parent company, so at one point they basically merged and dissolved the name attached to Devil's Third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't know if Soleil spun off from Tecmo or from VGS honestly, it was unclear from the things I looked up, but they're essentially the same now.