Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

The idea has potential.

i feel like the second one would be better if the border of the icon was a different colour than the rest of the elements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Flagchat, flagchat!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ikasuhito posted:

The idea has potential.

This is an excellent flag. Almost enough to deter me from :sickos: voting to push us towards the rad fractal pyramid flag. Almost.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Xelkelvos posted:

This name is very similar to Airavata, a white divine elephant. It's also very close to Iravati who might also be the namesake and is said to be Airavata's mother. While pink is a pretty color, I'd wager silver or grey would probably be better to symbolize it based on the color of elephants or even white for Airavata.

Yeah I think this design looks a little cleaner with white instead.

Ikasuhito posted:

The idea has potential.

Oh these rule. I really like the knot within two circles to anchor it.

To go with the Peacock idea some more, I was thinking about the flag of Arizona and ended up with these

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
:siren: The first round of voting is finished. According to my count, the sponsored names are:

-Seven Rivers Republic (cosponsored by zanni, Pacho, SirPhoebos, Xelkelvos, ThatBasqueGuy)
-Republic of Three Nations (cosponsored by NewMars)
-Remain the Tibetan Republic (cosponsored by habeusdorkus)

Please vote for one of the following names.

After this vote is done, we'll have a separate vote for flags.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Seven Rivers Republic

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Seven Rivers Republic

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Seven Rivers Republic

Under the condition that if we acquire more rivers we become the Eight, Nine, etc. Rivers Republic

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Seven rivers republic.

I mean, I wouldn't have put it out there if I didn't think it was good.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Crazycryodude posted:

Seven Rivers Republic

Under the condition that if we acquire more rivers we become the Eight, Nine, etc. Rivers Republic

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Long live the SRR!

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.
I srriously love that peacock flag

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Seven Rivers Republic, and now we have to start adding rivers. :getin:

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Seven Rivers Republic

how could i deny the people their cool flags

Thordain posted:

Yeah I think this design looks a little cleaner with white instead.

Ikasuhito posted:

The idea has potential.

submitting some possible tweaks?

felt that white might work better as the focal point

just a small change, again using white and also using less solid blue

if either of those designs are used tho, someone needs to make a proper version, i just did a rough edit in paint as thats what i have

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Seven Rivers Republic.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Seven Rivers Republic

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think it's fairly unanimous: Seven Rivers Republic

zanni posted:

submitting some possible tweaks?

felt that white might work better as the focal point

just a small change, again using white and also using less solid blue

if either of those designs are used tho, someone needs to make a proper version, i just did a rough edit in paint as thats what i have

IMO, the fan out should be from the center bottom (or top I guess)

Crazycryodude posted:

There's technically at least several dozen rivers in the territory depending on how one counts a river, both . Of the major river systems left in the broad region, the next one to the west is the Indus, some of whose headwaters also start in the Himalayas. To the east, there's the Pearl which is the 3rd biggest system in China. The next major systems are either further west into the MidEast, or North into Central Asia and Russia

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

What are the measurements for Vicky 3 flags? I'm probably going to have to remake them anyway.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Seven Rivers Republic

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Seven Rivers Republic

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Crazycryodude posted:

Seven Rivers Republic

N Rivers Republic

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Seven Rivers Republic

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.

Crazycryodude posted:

Seven Rivers Republic

It'd be easier to update all our stationary if we lost a river (retaining the SRR acronym) than if we gained one, our legislature has been infiltrated by aristocratic crypto-monarchists.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Seven Rivers Republic

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

seven rivers sweep

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
By a unanimous vote, we have a decision for the Seven Rivers Republic.

I'll give it a couple days to see if we have any contenders for flag designs, and then we'll hold a vote on those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3Qe7KfBJA

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Very over 10,000 hours in MSPAINT, but a rough idea of a center spread color fan out. The proportions and colors obviously need fixing, but the rough shape is what I envision. The color order is just based on geography which ends up putting the Salwee in the middle which isn't all that aesthetically pleasing, but I can imagine a heated IU debate as to whose "region" gets to be put where on the flag.

Fan from the bottom

Fan from the top (which also gets to look like a mountain

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What happens if we conquer another river.

Do we have to change our names again?

Think of all the wasted paper and fabric we'll use! You will rue this day!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

For every river we conquer, we have to grant independence to another one.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

If we conquer a river that's smaller than the 7, we demote it to stream. If we conquer a river that's larger, we demote one of the 7 to stream and cause an entire generation to throw tantrums about their river getting recategorized.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

We just have to dam up any new river we aquire at it's source. Easy peasy!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
No, we just keep adding swatches to the flag.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I missed my chance to vote, but Seven Rivers Republic goes so hard; I love it.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
INTERLUDE: 1860

Your path toward the ruin is cramped and the rocks clatter beneath your feet. Your boots feel like they may split again. The officer hasn't shown up. Of course she hasn't. Half your job is being ordered to places at absurd hours of the day and then waiting. You really would rather be reading a book. You look at the wild lavender - you didnt think they grew this far west - and focus your mind on those.

She appears, fifteen minutes late, with a compass in hand. Great. Now you know to a certainty she will be lost.

Already it is quiet. The sounds of your camp are muffled and then they are extinguished, sealed up. The two of you are alone.

You go forward, carrying the lantern, the landscape swaying before you with motion of the light, the long shadows stretching into the infinite dark. The building is a square bulk in the dark. The great wooden door is, incredibly, unlocked. You enter.

In the outer hall and great courtyard of the monastery, you find it is well-kept, as if its inhabitants had all only just stepped outside. The wood lattices are well kept, and the patterns on the walls are freshly painted. The images of dieties, both benevolent and wrathful, are still where they should be, and you feel calmed by their presence. Protection. Your companion steps forward, and her breathing is sharp and rapid.

You are about to say something calming to her, when the soft patter of footsteps makes itself known. She lets out a sharp scream, demanding: 'Who goes there?' She holds her ground. A wild fox with stony face and narrow eyes does not even look at you as it steps right past you. You go on.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
May 5, 1860

Art by Pachito

Sangita Chautirya, Sikyong of the Republic of Tibet

Well, that was fast. I'm very impressed. I mean that.

Our Republic shall not be a plateau - distant and remote and forbidding. It shall be many rivers. Always in motion, the source of agriculture and the flow of commerce, and mighty and unceasing in their power.

I know we have journalists in the chamber somewhere. I suspect the announcement of the new name will expeditiously appear in the Lhasa evening papers.

Now we've got another major question: Flags. We've already got a lot of submissions from all over the country and they've clearly worked very hard on these. The new dyes are are something else, aren't they?

:siren: You can vote for up to two options - this includes voting for the same flag twice. The one which recieves the most votes is the winner. :siren:

Option 1 (Zanni)

Option 2 (Thoradin)

Option 3 (Ikasuhito)

Option 4 (Ikasuhito)

Option 5 (Thoradin)

Option 6 (Thoradin)

Option 7 (Thoradin)

Option 8 (zanni)

Option 9 (zanni)

Option 10 (Xelkelvos)

Option 11 (Xelkelvos)

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 18, 2024