Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Diplomatic

Diplomacy is the key to controlling our hold on the Empire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Defensive Ideas, (B) Long Terms, and (C) Union of States

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

C. Lhasa will always be central to the Tibetan Republic's history and identity, but it's terrain, altitude, and remoteness severely limits its ability to keep up with the future growth and expansion of the republic. I argue that the true centre of our nation in terms of population, economy, and infrastructure is Bengal, and our best option for being prepared for our growing population and administrative needs is a new capital, built with our future in mind. Let us step forward into history!

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

NewMars posted:

How about the Seven Rivers Republic? (Yellow, Yangtze, Mekong, Salween, Irrawaddy, Brahmaputra, Ganges)

Co-sponsored!

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Putting forward my own proposal: the Republic of Three Nations. Let ours be a union of the peoples of Tibet, India and China, working together to a shared future of prosperity and harmony.

zanni fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 11, 2024

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Tulip posted:

So thinking ahead to a flag, I looked up colors associated with the rivers, and found

Yellow: yellow
Yangtze: blue
Mekong: green
Salween: black
Brahmaputra: red
Ganges: pink

Several of those, of neat incidence to us, are the Tibetan associations (Salween, Brahmaputra). The Yangtze one is an English one so ??, the Mekong one is a circuitous Chinese one, and the Ganges one is a part of the myth/association with Ganga.

Quick wikipedia'ing did not show me one for Irrawaddy. In universe I can definitely imagine a committee getting to where I got then just forcing themselves to come up with one for Irrawaddy just to make a theme.

Felt like trying to make a flag based off this; decided on purple for the Irrawaddy because it seemed to fit!

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Thordain posted:

I also like Seven Rivers Republic, trying to build off of what zanni had done and use vertical bars as well as the old eternal knot of the Tibetan Republic for continuity:

oo thats WAY better than what i did! great work, this rocks

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Seven Rivers Republic

how could i deny the people their cool flags

Thordain posted:

Yeah I think this design looks a little cleaner with white instead.

Ikasuhito posted:

The idea has potential.

submitting some possible tweaks?

felt that white might work better as the focal point

just a small change, again using white and also using less solid blue

if either of those designs are used tho, someone needs to make a proper version, i just did a rough edit in paint as thats what i have

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

seven rivers sweep

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

at the risk of being biased, Option 8 twice is my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zanni
Apr 28, 2018