Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

M2tt posted:

Well it was fun while it lasted.

The answer is no.

You use the light theme of discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Raioner posted:

You use the light theme of discord?

It's funny because that was the biggest concern from the moderators as well.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

M2tt posted:

It's funny because that was the biggest concern from the moderators as well.

You want him to be punished on discord? Wouldn't it be better to have the cops deal with that?

Also I'm pretty sure sweez is the mod who has a swastika as his steam profile so its no big surprise he's OK with dog murder.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Raioner posted:

You want him to be punished on discord? Wouldn't it be better to have the cops deal with that?

Also I'm pretty sure sweez is the mod who has a swastika as his steam profile so its no big surprise he's OK with dog murder.

I think he’s saying that it should be unacceptable to even talk about it and he should have been booted or muted for it.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yeah the general message was that the guy who openly declares himself to be a murderer of dogs is embraced by the community while the one who called said shitbag out for dog murder is the one that got muted.

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

M2tt posted:

Yeah the general message was that the guy who openly declares himself to be a murderer of dogs is embraced by the community while the one who called said shitbag out for dog murder is the one that got muted.

Ah ok, there official discord mods are power hungry, minus Recatek that is.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'm getting flash backs to the early days of MWO and SC, mods like those are rife for some justifiable harvesting of tears because how lovely they are at heart and how easily they abuse their privileges.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

M2tt posted:

I mean, they have an open and out nazi on their mod team.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

RocketRaygun posted:

I mean, they have an open and out nazi on their mod team.

Well yeah I know that NOW but at the time I was just getting drunk and harassing random nerd communities. Even that isn't fun anymore since it's clearly a lost cause. Thanks a lot, goons.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

computer

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

this game looks REALLY good but it's a shame the moderation team on their forums seems to have a nazi in it or something?

A bit like a cross between EVE and space engineers to be honest, depending on how they do the universe setup. High security "safe" areas where stuff can't really be damaged in the safe stations, then a lawless wild west controlled by a swarm of goons with space bees.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Oh god could we make suicide space bees

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

genuinely looks like stuff like very fast ships with torpedos strapped to the front could well be a thing, and goons are great at piloting those if eve is anything to go by.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Starbase - Stations Feature Video

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-U2kuJKlak

another boltcrackers update, shows some interesting stuff about ship destruction if you don't BOLT DOWN YOUR poo poo properly.

Gonna be interesting watch pubbies take off for the first time in their cobbled together shitwagon and half of it break off or explode.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

another boltcrackers update, shows some interesting stuff about ship destruction if you don't BOLT DOWN YOUR poo poo properly.

Gonna be interesting watch pubbies goons take off for the first time in their cobbled together shitwagon and half of it break off or explode.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

Gonna be interesting watchpubbies take off for the first time in their cobbled together shitwagon and half of it break off or explode. goons figure out how to hurl parts of ship that explode at people before exploding themselves

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
I'd look forward to creating a revolving asteroid mounted with cock and ball turrets, and then very slowly re-positioning it around the quadrant like some weird penis covered death star.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Starbase - Scale of the Universe

Just a pan out shot of the game world, which is basically the ring around a Saturn like world. Fairly dull and uninteresting, but it does show there is a lot of pop-in/out in the game.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I loved Garry's Mod and I loved the idea (but not the execution) of Spacebuild. I also find physics based games and voxels especially cool. I also love getting baited into these awful schemes called sandbox MMOs constantly. This game seems so good to be true that I'm convinced it was specifically made to bring my hopes up and then crush them

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Starbase - Devices Feature Video

There is a lot to go through here, the rail system and rangefinder alone got me thinking about an overhead crane system for moving spacecraft around for say the inside of a hanger in a carrier or something.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Minorkos posted:

I loved Garry's Mod and I loved the idea (but not the execution) of Spacebuild. I also find physics based games and voxels especially cool. I also love getting baited into these awful schemes called sandbox MMOs constantly. This game seems so good to be true that I'm convinced it was specifically made to bring my hopes up and then crush them
I'll play whichever option is cheapest, since these games are generally best during the pop boom at launch, but mmos don't have a good track record with either physics or voxels

this is gonna die.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Jackard posted:

I'll play whichever option is cheapest, since these games are generally best during the pop boom at launch, but mmos don't have a good track record with either physics or voxels

this is gonna die.

We're all gonna die, Jackard.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
I lied.

Also it wasn't even me, I swear.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Starbase - Missiles Feature Video

Video should be called rockets, not missiles. Looks like they have rocket rack has to be reloaded manually, so unless you have a loader of some type, they're a one and done affair.

M2tt posted:

I lied.

Also it wasn't even me, I swear.

You're a madman, continue the good fight.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
It looks like they're beginning to really flesh out weapon systems and such now. Creeping closer to EA!

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Computer

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Starbase - Companies & Factions Feature Video

It's set up like Eve Online.

Also, this guy does weekly reports on specific things the Starbase team is doing based on from stuff they report on Discord, their forum, and Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDXRwhNYe0Y

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

the faction stuff is pretty dope. I like that you can set permission ignoring teams and have those teams own ships and stuff. This was something that came up in ATLAS and was kind of dumb... once you made a ship it was owned by the company. Now, you can set a ship to be owned by a team and anyone in that team can use it but others have to respect corp permissions.

It's good poo poo.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

They’re adding a lot of stuff and giving a lot of details before the game is accessible... which I’m a fan of.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The faction stuff is going to be what draws the most people in, and the most goons. So I'm hoping they really take it and run with it and flesh out a ton of systems to drive empire building.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BurtLington posted:

They’re adding a lot of stuff and giving a lot of details before the game is accessible... which I’m a fan of.

Ya so far there’s no glaring chasms of obvious bullshit. Expectations are actually managed for once and to top it off they aren’t begging for money.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Tv6VE8ZCw

drat is that intricate, and it's apparently the smallest ship in the game too. I think I might want this game just for the creative mode. If they can build a passable MMO on top... well that would be something special.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDka3oGhFsQ

An example of a larger ship they can now support -- supposed to act as basically a mobile HQ/base.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

An example of a larger ship they can now support -- supposed to act as basically a mobile HQ/base.

Sweet minmatar megathron

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

soy posted:

Sweet minmatar megathron

If anything it looks like a caracal.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Kimsemus posted:

I see the devs are readying the dong-ships in preparation for us. Good.

Also I was digging around the discord for some YOLOL info, and supposedly this is how a ship network works: Apparently all the chips on a ships network are tied to the same virtual cpu clock. Whenever the clock ticks, each YOLOL chip can put a line of code in a shared queue, in some nondeterministic order, and then the network evaluates each line of YOLOL in that order.

So in practical terms that means 1) A line of YOLOL (the whole line), is atomic with regard to other YOLOL chips. This makes large multi-chip networks with shared memory doable. 2) You cannot take multiple chips running the same line, slightly offset their individual clock speeds, and have that line run at smaller intervals than 0.2 seconds.

tl;dr YOLOL is slow, but the systems might get real big.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how autistic coders will actually be able to sell their source code in game, and haxoring will be part of the meta. Only other game I’ve seen like this was second life and well, we goons had a time with all that.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Man, they're already writing it:

code:
chipnumber=1 d=54*(chipnumber-1) p=256 :listwait=-1 goto 2
i=:i-d j=i%6 x=(i-j)/6 w=:act=="set" goto 2+(i>=0)*(i<54)*(1+x+9*w)
k=p^j :v=((m1/k)-(m1/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m2/k)-(m2/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m3/k)-(m3/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m4/k)-(m4/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m5/k)-(m5/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m6/k)-(m6/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m7/k)-(m7/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m8/k)-(m8/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j :v=((m9/k)-(m9/k)%1)%p :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m1/k)-(m1/k)%1)%p m1+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m2/k)-(m2/k)%1)%p m2+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m3/k)-(m3/k)%1)%p m3+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m4/k)-(m4/k)%1)%p m4+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m5/k)-(m5/k)%1)%p m5+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m6/k)-(m6/k)%1)%p m6+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m7/k)-(m7/k)%1)%p m7+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m8/k)-(m8/k)%1)%p m8+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
k=p^j old=((m9/k)-(m9/k)%1)%p m9+=(:v-old)*k :listwait=-1 goto 2
That turns one YOLOL chip into a 54 element indexable array of chars. (E: or so they think)

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Computer