Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's finally here, the last 3DS game drops June 4th. I'm probably the only person who's gonna be playing this but hell, a new thread never hurt anybody. I'm mostly hyped for the music and to see if Naoto is still OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Salute to 3ds

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
been looking forward oto this for over a year man. didnt preorder cos i dont want any of that stuff but i bet it will blow etrian odyssey out of the water

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i never finished the first one and i like the etrian games more i think, and i still need to play eox, so whom knows if i'll ever get around to this. but koromaru is cute and he was the best character in persona 3

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

drat i had no idea it was the last 3ds game, but i guess it was coming sooner rather than later given how long the 3ds has been around. good note for the system to go out on imo

might pick it up at some point, never bought the first pq but i've always liked etrian odyssey despite being poo poo at it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i never finished the first one and i like the etrian games more i think, and i still need to play eox, so whom knows if i'll ever get around to this. but koromaru is cute and he was the best character in persona 3

this will rprobably be way better than the first. just a hunc hthough

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been playing it. It's nice so far. I'm about to fight Kamoshidaman.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
hoping game stop is still in business then because thats where i ordered from

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the SEES who shagged me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gonna be hard not making my team all 4 MCs and Naoto or Aigis depending.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im gonna go with .. haru ... p4 mc, makoto (niijima not p3), yukiko, and dunno qbout the last one. mitsuru maybe.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

half of the demons have exposed tits dude.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Here's a useful thing for team building

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbM5R8AQwndmJJUsJD52PxvIdC_Hosr8ErwLXayyVyo/edit?usp=sharing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

is there something like this for the first game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

is there something like this for the first game

There probably is but I don't have a link. Basically any team with Naoto is viable, Naoto+Aigis is especially good.

I'm really enjoying the cinema theme of this game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

So this game kicks rear end obviously. I finally just unlocked everyone and need to pick a main team which is hard since they've made everyone quite good in this game. It really just comes down to your play style and who you like rather than hardcore strategic setups like EO. I'm thinking..

P4MC/Aigis/Haru
Joker/P3MC

Aigis is remains the GOAT.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'd like to try this game eventually but these types of games were never my thing :(

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

gaming wish: this game but with a dragon quest roster

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Squad.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don;t know how to throw away a 3DS because I never had one. I would propbably tear it apart like my toaster. Realizing I need glasses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haru always had the coolest phantom thieves outfit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i went with this group btw synthy sinceu asked: haru, p4mc, mitsuru on the front row. yukiko and ann on the back. theyre pretty similar but ann has better stats and learns spells more slowly. im about to finish the 3rd dungeon .. its been great so far. crow had some pretty insane bind moves when i used him during a side quest but i dont lke his stupid beak face so i left him out. i have salomes kiss on haru and she crits a lot so i can usually cast it for free a bunch anyway.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Things that have surprised me about this game so far: How strong Haru is and how much more difficult it is compared to the first game. I'm playing on hard, in the 4th labyrinth, and I don't feel safe anywhere. Not even doing quests in the previous dungeons. Those gold enemies are no joke.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm stuck trying to find the lake so I can cook the meat in Junessic Park. Anyone know where that is?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm stuck trying to find the lake so I can cook the meat in Junessic Park. Anyone know where that is?

Should be in the northeast corner of the map

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

took me ages too. theres like tons of water tiles

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dungeon 4 reminds me of the charlotte linlin arc of one piece

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tha FOE Killa

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lilith is sick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's inevitably a fullhealing FOE in the later half of these games which need to be magic bound to beat. Lilith came along at the perfect time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i have salomes kiss on haru cos she crits practically 80% of the time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
a demon like that on a char with high melee crit (the + crit weapons are easily the best, ignore dmg imo) is insane for locking down bosses. and if u put it on a mlee guy like haru or p4mc they have axe guard and swordbreaker too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

P3MC has the highest luck stat on my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ohhh.. well im not sure if harus weaps are all low hit + high crit but she has insane crit chance. shes easily the hardest worker in my party