Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
I think the reason they could see Pander through the MEC's was because you put them to his sides and not next to eachother. leaving an opening between the two MECs to see/shoot through. Nevertheless excellent work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

So what happens at this point if you just ignore everything and just beeline towards the final mission? Can you still lose? Do you get any penalty? Do you really have to do every mission at this point? Even a pyrrhic victory is still a victory in terms of videogames.

Can you just select to do the final mission again and again or do you have to wait for some BS rng thing? I only played EU/EW and have no clue about what long war exactly changes. But if a 'burn everything and hope for rain' strat works to skip 1 or 2 missions to get to the end I say go for it at this point.

You did a hell of a job with this LP and it is time to end this. Bless you Fairgame!

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

Just watched the latest video and I can't wait for the final mission. it's going to be such a denouement. I've played EU/EW and Xcom2 wotc so much it is in the multiple hundreds of hours, But the LW additions always seemed a bit too masochistic for my liking. Seeing it in action in this LP I'm experiencing it vicariously.
if you ever decide to do Xcom2 LW LP count me in from the ground floor. (wink wink nudge nudge aye know what I'm saying? wink wink make a xcom2 LW LP already nudge nudge)

the one thing in the final mission in EU/EW which always gets me on my toes is the double sectopod room right before the final chamber. I feel that that part is the most difficult of the mission and I'm anxious to see how LW changes that and how you handle it.

(probably by blowing it all up in 1 turn and continue onwards like nothing happened given your track record.)

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

Congrats Fairgame. thanks for the amazing run.