Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Roiland had those texts with the underage girl, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Cemetry Gator posted:

If you want proof - AV Club gave this a B+.

From what I've seen in the lowest point of Simpsons thread, they often give out ratings like that for modern Simposons episodes.

Edit:

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 14, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Learning he voiced Billy in American Dad was a huge surprise.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

limp_cheese posted:

Maybe it hit all the right taste clusters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzpihoNJW2E

"They were crying, at the screening!"
"I know, and I was one of them. But I guess...I was wrong."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I gave up on the show after the way that plot with that crazy new employee was resolved. The points you made in your post make me feel like that was the best call.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Kirbopher? Haven't heard that name in like fifteen years, was he the Brawl Taunts guy?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I like hearing about those silly, dark alternate endings. A window to what could have been before a good second opinion. Like Clerks ending with Dante getting killed by a robber or the torture machine idea for Breaking Bad's first season.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I didn't really think about Cera's performance as Scott as bad until I read the books, and yeah he's nothing like comic Scott. Just the average Cera character, really.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

They didn't type Digimon (I made the same mistake when I saw the post)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I always think of him as Billy

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Warbird posted:

There is one aspect of that I could think of that’s notable different and that would be too dark a subject to broach.

They said high school show, not high school

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

TwoPair posted:

(It also has a great all-time dark ending for a kids' show where after Clark comes up with a way for "Clark Kent" to have survived, the real killer is caught and the innocent man is freed, the mob guy who planted the bomb is caught and questioning how he could have survived, then figures out "He's Superman!" while he's in the gas chamber 2 seconds before they throw the switch and execute him)

Hahaha, this is amazing

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

IIRC, Echiiro Oda - the One Piece guy - posted a graphic of his daily schedule at some point and it looked like some hellish machine program where he basically had 1 hour total set aside to do anything other than working or sleeping.

I remember seeing a picture of his workspace years ago and it was a mess, but all I really remember are all the cigarette butts littered around

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

KingKalamari posted:

I 100% did and am baffled that I got the name wrong? I knew at the time of writing that it was called Disenchanted, yet apparently my fingers didn't?

Lol I'm rooting for you

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Neeksy posted:

By the way, Archer appears to be back, with two episodes already available.

Oh, thanks for the heads up!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Open Source Idiom posted:

Okay, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. Inside Job's a good show, this 007 episode is particularly really good.

Yeah I put it off for a long time and I regret that, show got a few real laughs out of me

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'm watching through AT for the first time (I remember kids in my scout troop loved it in our last couple years as it came out and it makes me feel loving old now) because I've been hearing about F&C. Surprised that it took me so long but I really enjoy it so far. I'm at the end of season 2 now.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

LSP might be my favorite character so far (early S3). Her randomly turning up as a hobo really amused me for some reason, and Ice King (another contender) immediately throwing her up as his least favorite princess to sate a hitman was great

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Das Boo posted:

I really love LSP living with melon-eating wolves and drumming up relationship drama.

Just watched this one, and I agree

"Because I think Tony has a right to know, Stephanie!"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Whoops, probably shouldn't be in here until I finish the show but oh well.

Well it's nice to know Finn gets a romantic interest closer to his age at least, I think the show mentions PB being really really old.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Were there a lot of TT fans back in the day or something? I was surprised to see her get a second episode, let alone even more but I've only seen three so far.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Sockser posted:

Tree Trunks is great you're all jerks :mad:

I like her a lot, I just don't like the plots that surround her after the first episode so far

roomtone posted:

i've always felt like there was this element of - isn't this character terrible? isn't it funny how she's getting so much screentime? but the character isn't terrible enough for that to loop back around to funny like it does with LSP for example, who makes me laugh pretty consistently

I remember around Cartoon Network did this with Cheese and Fred Fredburger but I don't really get that vibe from TT, she doesn't really have that kind of gimmick

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Vandar posted:

City of Thieves has been my favorite episode so far but goddamn, the stupid horse episode made me laugh the hardest. That stupid loving face almost made me fall off the couch laughing at it.

Yeah that first zoom in loving killed me. The only other laugh out loud moments for me so far were with Marcy's Dad trying to take Gunter's soul and Jake showing up for the first time at the end of that episode by rolling over in Finn's pocket and farting.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Data Graham posted:

I don't ever want to watch the Jiggler episode or anything like it again though

Yeah it was a reminder of how autotune used to be loving everywhere (especially in CN commercials), and I'm not sure exactly what it is but for me autotune is uncomfortable to listen to. At least they dropped the singing in autotune gimmick a couple seasons in (apparently)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Data Graham posted:

It's pretty funny that the Ice King is just Tom Kenny doing his Mayor of Townsville voice, just a little less so

gently caress, I haven't watched PPG in like, 20 years but I can really hear that now.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

It is an anime with a very cutesy style but full of horrible violence, both physical and emotional in regards to characters that look like children.

Ahh, now I remember this one. Up there with Narutaru and Madoka in that regard.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I only meant so far as the cutesy exterior hiding a lot of messed up things, it was a shallow comparison. Didn't know the author was that kinda person, though.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Hazo posted:

I'm not a big anime guy but I half-watched Gurrenn Lagann when it was on Toonami and I think it had all these too.

It didn't have a tournament arc, but it sure did have the rest. 'Stay the hell away from my little bro KICK' or whatever it was.

It also has Space Combat (if another series has robots throwing galaxies around like shuriken I'd love to see it)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Booky posted:

big mouth is maybe one of the ugliest shows i've ever seen in my life

Considering the subject material it's for the best

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Data Graham posted:

I’ve been seeing Lemongrab memes for years and had to just scroll by them in bafflement until now

E: it’s not like I understand them any better, but at least i get them

He sounded a lot different from what I was expecting from all the memes (just like Morty with a higher pitch sometimes)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The last season took place almost entirely over the course of Robin and Barney's wedding, in fact

E:

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

it would force Ted to move on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygYUtfX5shA&t=79s

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 7, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I remember being really disappointed by Teen Titans, something about Terra coming back potentially with amnesia but maybe not, and it mostly just feels like a monster of the week episode by the end. And then I found out that was the series finale.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I didnt think I'd say this at any point in the past few years but I'm hoping for one more season of Archer with how delightful this one was.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I've never seen this show but it actually seems good.

"Hands over your head!" *pause* "I can't, I'm a tyrannosaurus!"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

My only complaints are that the timing for jokes could have been improved (way too much lingering to get to the punchline) and I don't really find Jax's archetype compelling (I want to say it's worn out but for the life of me I can't think of a concrete example from other media right now) but he comes off like the staff's favorite just watching the short so I feel like he's going to be prominent if this show continues.

I liked what I saw from the other characters so far, at least. Cane's easily my favorite of the group because of his interactions with Bubble though

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

My guess is that he's sadistic partly to keep himself from giving in to despair. I suppose the show needs some kind of antagonistic force but it'd work better for me if he gets some kind of comeuppance eventually.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah, pretty much. I am not making GBS threads on it, it’s more like one of those shows that has enough they’re mixed with just right time and etc so it’s lightning in a bottle and blows up the Internet for a year or so and then has a giant fan base, like the vivzipop stuff, fnaf, loving mlp, etc. all had enough special sauce that blew up hype.

Sonic was a bit like that too. Brightly colored, easy to read expressions, basically no human characters...I think kids just devour that poo poo, and from anecdotal experience with family and friends, youtube is basically a babysitter so they've got plenty of hours long monotone lore videos to enjoy.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I just finished Puhoy, those kinds of episodes always gently caress me up. Every so often I feel a bit burnt out going through this show and then it throws out a 10/10 episode

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

It really was a gorgeous little world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing Golb at the end of Puhoy was a real mindfuck. I didn't remember it had been introduced so early.

Golb? Did I miss something or is that a later episode?