Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think it's easy to forget that the original Animaniacs had an insane budget because it had Spielberg's name on it, and up to a certain age group "cartoon with constantly-played unique music with amazingly fluid slapstick animation" is enough to be enthralling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i do think it's a bit lovely for West and Sagal to not talk with DiMaggio about wages before signing on if they were all approached at the same time. not as lovely as the company low-balling them in the first place but it really puts DiMaggio in an awkward position here which I think he's handling expertly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

this is badass

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Seeing creators ask to release DVDs/blurays of their shows (with commentary) and being told there wasn't interest is so sad, especially now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Westerners love Sexy Teens, this is hardly a unique phenomenon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Crain posted:

But it was amazingly successful. Thus, as we all know by know, the counter cultural icon and anti-capitalism media was subsumed into capital and used to reinforce itself.

Calling early Simpsons anti-capitalist, a show by Harvard grads that waffled on whether unions were good or made you lazy depending on who was in the writer's room that day, is a pretty big loving stretch

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 3, 2023

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

roomtone posted:

What are some good adult animated movies? Watched a few things recently like fantastic planet and coraline, although coraline felt pretty family friendly. Doesn't need to be a lot of swearing and whatever, just not coming from the disney/pixar sort of place.

Never seen nightmare before christmas, going to watch that next.

Night Is Short, Walk On Girl

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Not to kill conversation but I feel like this show could have its own thread, it tends to dominate discussion here when it comes up and there's people who would probably discover it and enjoy it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah the premise of the show is basically an excuse to throw these weird characters at even weirder depressed people.