Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Slaan posted:

Maybe the real hole PHD is the incompetent friends we made along the way

I wouldn’t say they’re incompetent so much as dysfunctional and also incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
At least they're helping with her next research project: the dimensions of rabbit-horn based holes in aggressive contexts

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Oh dear. Well, it's good that Ericka is getting some therapy for her anger issues in the form of murdering wildlife and other assorted monsters.

Last thing we need is her limb ripping rage to be aimed at her party members.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Hehehe, classic. Groups of spellcasters are so nasty. Well, good luck getting out of there, at least you'll be rich.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Yep. The boss fights aren't so bad because by the time you get to one, you've been dealing with a lot of crap like this.

(Except for the boss fights that are very bad.)

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

As per usual, the cute thing (in this case, the Unicorn Rabbits) are the worst encounter in the dungeon. At least there aren't ninjas. Or priests. Or ninja priests.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
No magic balls voting -6

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

No magic balls voting -8

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

DiggleWrath posted:

As per usual, the cute thing (in this case, the Unicorn Rabbits) are the worst encounter in the dungeon. At least there aren't ninjas. Or priests. Or ninja priests.

how do you know?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

...Well played

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Shar-Teel +4

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Siegkrow posted:

Shar-Teel +4

:gonk:

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

FeyerbrandX posted:

how do you know?

That... is an excellent point. Any hypothetical order of ninja priests has kept their existence secret with their multitude of ways to instantly kill people.

Wait... Are these ninja priests the "they" Shanna is referring to? What if Shanna is one of them?!? :tinfoil:

DiggleWrath fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 20, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FeyerbrandX posted:

how do you know?

*chases FF3 out with a broom*

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

DiggleWrath posted:

That... is an excellent point. Any hypothetical order of ninja priests has kept their existence secret with their multitude of ways to instantly kill people.

Wait... Are these ninja priests the "they" Shanna is referring to? What if Shanna is one of them?!? :tinfoil:

That's what they want you to think.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this lp, and look forward to every update, Chokes!

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Chokes! Good to see you back in the saddle. Glad you seem to be doing better these days.

A couple of questions, though. First:

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm still pissed 2016 ate Paper Sorcerer, because Llewyn and Co. had a great rapport. Here's hoping our next group of intrepid morons does just as well!

Can't you just start a second thread, link the original and pick up where you left off? I liked your Paper Sorcerer LP and was willing to do unspeakable things to bring it back.

Second, concerning your avatars:

Chokes McGee posted:

I rotate through them sometimes, but I always come back to AD. I just wanted something badass for a little bit :twisted:

You've triggered a memory. I did a search for you a while back to see if you'd resumed LPing and you had a strange avatar I was curious about. A woman was dancing against a black background and the whole thing kept going totally black like there was an inverse strobe light in effect. What was that from?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DGM_2 posted:

Can't you just start a second thread, link the original and pick up where you left off? I liked your Paper Sorcerer LP and was willing to do unspeakable things to bring it back.

I'd love to, but my original runthrough is DOA. :( I might still have the saved games kicking around. I'll look around and consider it.

quote:

Second, concerning your avatars:

You've triggered a memory. I did a search for you a while back to see if you'd resumed LPing and you had a strange avatar I was curious about. A woman was dancing against a black background and the whole thing kept going totally black like there was an inverse strobe light in effect. What was that from?

That was Death from Pearl Jam's "Do the Evolution" video. It was done by the same person who did Batman: TAS.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi, all. I'm going to try to get an update out over the weekend since things have been crazy this week. We'll see how it goes.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I'd love to, but my original runthrough is DOA. :( I might still have the saved games kicking around. I'll look around and consider it.

Worst case scenario, I could spend an afternoon playing up to the point where you were and send you my save. Just don't wait 'til the holiday rush (mid-November through December) to ask.

quote:

That was Death from Pearl Jam's "Do the Evolution" video. It was done by the same person who did Batman: TAS.

Heh. Never realized Death had a party girl phase.

There's a "life of the party" joke in here somewhere...

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 2, 2019

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DGM_2 posted:

Heh. Never realized Death had a party girl phase.

There's a "life of the party" joke in here somewhere...

In Marvel comics, Death is often presented as a beautiful woman. Thanos's motivation for the snap there was trying to impress her, but she's got a thing for Deadpool.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
What's so impressive about giving your crush the equivalent of big stacks of paperwork on a Friday night, anyway?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Kliff posted:

What's so impressive about giving your crush the equivalent of big stacks of paperwork on a Friday night, anyway?

That she actually asked him for that.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

That she actually asked him for that.

Not big on delayed gratification, is she? Death needs someone around to breed or she'll be out of a job!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The argument was, and I'm not kidding:
There are now more people alive in the universe than have ever died.

This offended her somehow, so she asked Thanks to kill half of everything.

It is kinda creepy how far she went if you read Thanos' backstory. She has been grooming him since he was a child, making sure she was his only friend, even taking the shape of a child to be with him, encouraging him to be ruthless and abandon all his good qualities.

And the infinity gauntlet wasn't even the first attempt, before getting it he had been killing the universe old school, with his fists, and eventually DBZ style energy blasts.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Don't forget his helicopter.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

The argument was, and I'm not kidding:
There are now more people alive in the universe than have ever died.

This offended her somehow, so she asked Thanks to kill half of everything.

That... Sounds incredibly stupid. The higher the population the more deaths there are. You'd think she'd have noticed this at some point, what with the human population doubling again and again over the millenia.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Still, Death and Thanos is a better plot idea than "Imma gonna just cull half the population to save the galaxy from overpopulation... for another 20 years"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The problem with killing half the universe is that now you can't top yourself. You should start with killing 1/3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi, all. I've got some bad news :(

After the last week or so of thinking about it, I don't think I'm up to keeping a regular, complex LP updated in a timely manner, i.e. at least once every week and a half. I've come to realize I still haven't fully recovered from my Very Bad Day last year, and I'm struggling to keep up with day to day stuff. As much as I really appreciate your comments and feels, it's a chore right now instead of fun, so I'm pulling the plug.

Once I'm feeling more competent, I may come back and finish up this or maybe even Paper Sorcerer if I still have the save files. I've got quite a few in the hopper I'd like to do at some point—West of Loathing, Shining Force and, of course, Bard's Tale. But, for now, I'm just not able to run an LP effectively.

Thanks again for all your nice words and enjoyment of what little we've done so far. I'm hoping to have another LP started sooner rather than later, so as always, keep an eye out.