Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The game the two Lupes (wolves, I had to google to make sure that was the right spelling and now I'm all nostalgic) were playing was referencing a big event in Neopets near the very beginning of its existence where some poor bastard bat dude got corrupted and in turn corrupted a bunch of his subjects then levitated his kingdom above Meridell. A Lupe from the future - which is extremely confusing because as you said in the video, Meridell is still a bass-ackwards country in the modern Neopia gets catapulted "back" to fight, leaving behind his Aisha(?) sister, who looks like the little blue cat child in the start of the video who eventually follows him alongside a ragtag group of her friends. I think it led to a pet colour called Darigan? Or Carrigan? I was't there for it so it's a blur.

And the person who asked about Pay to Win pets, the Lutari were released at the same time as a phone tie-in that Neopets did. You could get a contract and you'd get special rewards based on the Space Faerie, who was a Faerie based on space, but you also had the chance to get a Lutari. They were the rarest pets and probably still are, alongside Jetsam, Cybunny, Draik, Poogle, Krawk, Hissi, Tonu, Koi, Kiko and Chomby (I did google these names because lol it's been well over a decade since I played). I used to hear about kids drat near spending real money to get one of those pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I regret enabling flash.

You'll eat your sandy omelette and you'll like it.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

do they die

if they're dead i probably can't fix that, but if they're not dead then they're probably doing fine

that's how it works right

They just cry.