Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

get that OUT of my face posted:

i don't welcome the pile-on itt but i can't say i don't deserve it

Had a similar experience in the chapo thread. Premium podcasts are late stage capitalism as hell, what's up buddy.

Dasha and/or Anna are really going method on the Meriam Webster style of finding God via self help books. It is a masterful recreation if character work, a case study if she is a true believer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

THS posted:

amber and red scare have the kind of special brain worms you get from being surrounded by woker-than-thou insufferable NYC social climbers. they’ve reacted to this with an anti-woke aesthetic, which is just an immature baby response to the annoying idiots who aren’t a big deal outside their immediate academic and brooklyn bubbles

I get a similar podcast need filled by Red Scare as I do Bodega Boys. It's New York as hell, which is a similar but different take from my LA current home. It is an interesting cultural tour, Dasha and Anna are 2nd gen Russian as gently caress, same as Desus and Mero are 2nd gen Carribian as gently caress.

It is a different perspective.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

OnceAndFuture DILF posted:

I think amber hypnotizes these woke professors who feel inclusive because they can identify people who are japanese, chinamen and koreans at sight

:same:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

get that OUT of my face posted:

amber is a messy bitch that lives for drama

True, co-signed, as a fan yes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

a Loving Dog posted:

my beef has always solely been with the weirdo purity freaks who call her "crypto fash" or devote the majority of their posting to anti amber screeds. i fully admit she has some dumb takes, but so does everyone goddamn else so i don't really care because even her bad takes aren't deal breakers

Her being a woman is a deal breaker enough for me!! How can she talk about politics!? Where is her penis??

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Update for the Epstein Galaxy.

Dasha from Red Scare free episode attended the Dismissal of Indictment for Jeffrey Epstein. That day in court had the victims say their peace since they were denied their day in court. First hand reporting so you can go further into Epstein brain.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

T-man posted:

Tell us your opinions on amber a'lee froost

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've lappsed from pod because no job, then I did job. For 30 days and got back into pod. Now I have no job again but I wanna stay pod.

I just skipped all the episodes and just picked up on the most recent ones, much like how I skipped this thread to :justpost:

But hoo boy I wanna press the previous page button to read up on variable pod speed and pod /played stats.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tale as old as time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Judakel posted:

taintrunner is right

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
As the only Red Scare subscriber willing to out them self, I must report; Halloween Loveline episode.

I am addicted to laterally out of touch white people giving people solicitated bad advice about your Quar-Partner.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan posted:

As the only Red Scare subscriber willing to out them self, I must report; Halloween Loveline episode.

I am addicted to laterally out of touch white people giving people solicitated bad advice about your Quar-Partner.

I blame Adam Savage or Adam Corolla for this strange addiction.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Shipon posted:

when virgil hits he hits real hard (the Salo tweet)

The marketwatch Germany cold open he did was fuckin inspired. Der Funky Beats

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
How Did This Get Played just released a premium episode for free. The episode is "Console Startup Sound Rankings" and it is exactly audio nostalgia popcorn. Skip to 8:00 for Startup Sound of the Year All Years the PS1.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Honest Thief posted:

They put the master system boot on c tier and Sega cd on A, wtf

edit: wtf ps2 d tier? /? This podcast blows

Oh yes, this podcast largely blows. But everybody was talking about Bad Faith so I thought this was the Podcast That Blow megathread. My mistake.

Sega CD has powerful videogaming energy, I forgot it was a 3 minute long anamanaguchi track.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gay_crimes posted:

who do you think did 9/11

The saudi orb

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nothus posted:

Virgil eating during the interview to show his distain is a power move he's repeated several times.

It's a good power move.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

ramsay's mentor marco pierre white is way more unhinged and terrifying. he made gordon ramsay cry on camera

and now he does ads for prepackaged seasonings and stock

Oh my God his knorr stock pot recipes are great. Fuckin love the gently caress it attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Ut1H659lU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Trillhouse posted:

i dunno if i'm misreading you, but i mean his head is literally growing in size due to his steroid use, just as joe rogan's did.

Roflmao yeah he got a bobble head

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

joepinetree posted:

This would have been my take, up until the point where he fired everyone.

Yeah its the part where he fired everyone that just kinda deflates this whole "Oh he just wanted to be a whimsical mascot for our beltway crew". Like that is the part that is democratic in a "democratic workplace". You can't just fire everyone without putting something like that up for a vote, that's the thing that needs a vote. Nobody is talking about voting for bagels or for break times. The vote that is important to exist is Work-Prop "layoff and massive downsizing because my feelings are hurt". In a proper democratic workplace, he would put that to a vote, get voted down, then stay on as the man who has posters brain but for college acceptance essays.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

its so wild to me that she has a kid now lol

Same, podcasts with the baby on her lap and everything. The Red Scare pivot to mommyblog surprised me, but looking back it was inevitable.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Paffgen posted:

Save Anna from twitter. She said on a recent episode about word for word "Not to be cucked and gay but I love my baby."

That's sweet.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Bad Faith: Episode 133 - Succession In The City http://badfaithpodcast.com

I don't know how to share podcast. Brie Grey Joy and two other folks talks the new Sex In the City series. I've watched the old series back when I was a child and I was correct to not revisit their Sam-Free reboot. The clips from the show make me WANT TO DIE. Carrie has a podcast and that makes perfect sense, but I hate it. Charlotte adopted an Asian daughter. It is all so much worse that I could have imagined.

How do I explain to my wife that this isn't an AMBW podcast anymore? I shared the ep description with her but Virgil is still on the thumbnail and like... I know why, but explaining why it is still the thumbnail is hard.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HashtagGirlboss posted:

What is AMBW. Feel free to laugh at me for not knowing.

Asian Man, Black Woman. Whole section of normal core youtube videos out there of people vlogging themselves.

Just figured it out, theres a new feed that just forwards new show DEBRIEF into the old show BADFAITHPOD RSS feed.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That should have been obvious. Please feel free to mock me.

Absolutely not

Xaris posted:

methinks you might be just a bit too much online here. but im a simpleton and what do i know

Absolutely. But I do want to clarify that Sex In the City is the least online thing on this page and that normal people internet is terrifying.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Smythe posted:

kirby my friend you are without a doubt one of the craziest mofos on this board. love you

I haven't read or posted in podcast thread in a while. It warms my heart to see late stage Red Scare stans. I remember posting about their first couple patreon episodes before they became the best mommyblogger findom podcast in the game.

What post was "My brain isn't gonna poison itself"? Because hell yeah that was a good thread title.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tokin opposition posted:

Why would you look to a bunch of upper class NYC freaks for actual political analysis and not just a replacement for when the daily show was less bad (and you more a lib) in 2006

You don't have to look directly into my soul with your post.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Lawrence Fishburne isn't in resurrection because technically his Morpheus is dead.

Play the hit mmo The Matrix Online to find out how

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Minecraft Holmes posted:

in one of the matrix print tie-ins there's a short story about aliens attacking earth with asteroids and loving up the matrix

Clearly a Nier Automata tier in to coincide with he FF14. The Wachowskis are clearly MMO HMO Ronin

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Centrist Committee posted:

class traitors exist

like me and my left lifestyle politics podcast. if you’re wondering how I sleep at night, the answer is never better thanks to casper. and for a limited time, listeners get 10% off the purchase price. special shoutout to the patreons, and to stitcher premium. thanks and remember to like and follow

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ytlaya posted:

The only podcast (or Youtube ones done by the content creator) ads that have ever not annoyed me are the cumtown ones.

People need to stop trying to "seamlessly" integrate the ad into their shows. Is anyone fooled by this? They should just directly be like "I'm doing an ad now" instead of trying to be clever about it.

Internet Comment Etiquette ads have effortlessly convinced me that Raycon Earbuds are the perfect nexus between quality, affordability, and comedy.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It Could Happen Here is nice as far as having bias I agree with and subject matter that interests me. But good god are they a couple of loving dorks.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm a Liz lad.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

what are some good wizard podcasts?

A_raving_loon is a twitch streamer who plays grognard videogames and he has most hermit wizard aesthetic I've seen in modern era. Jorbs does Slay The Spire as a former poker player.

MarenAltman is a crypto witch that does alt coin trading based on Hellenic Astronomy. That's more witch, but the gender gate keeping of magic has been dispelling despite a certain British author trying to make wizarding the domain of British goblin slavers.

I know no wizard podcasts.

Edit: truename abjuration wards activated (autocorrect for you mortals)

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Dec 29, 2021

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

9:15 p.m. | In a corner of the room I meet a journalist staring into her laptop. She tells me she’s on deadline to write a bell hooks obituary for another magazine, and she’s determined to make some progress at the party. She explains that this passing isn’t just another “Paul Walker.” This one is important. “I think she has a lot of interesting and good ideas.”

10:55 p.m. | I have another conversation about abortion clinics.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Smythe posted:

guy podcast: wizards, swords, machine guns, politics, beer

girl podcast: shopping, celebrities, fashion, cooking, serial killers, rapists, qanon & other various mlm schemes

very simple

Gripweed posted:

what are some good wizard podcasts?

Oh man my algorithm just reminded me this morning in between sufficiently communist Hearts of Iron 4 campaigns: dune lore. Really any lore explainer is gonna fit "wizard podcasts".

Example this dude's series: spoilers obviously also known as FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Qyxy0nmhU

Shout-out to the Warhammer 40k lore readers Lueten and the other guy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Smythe posted:

one of my fav d&d guys i played was a human with 1 leg, 1 arm, and who didn't collect any gold kuz he didnt want to pay alimony to his elf bitch ex-wife

Oh yeah, the extra vows they introduced in the 3.5 Book of Virtue we're mega OP. A fully advanced Vow of Poverty turns your character into an eathereal fully self sufficient do gooder who can just chill on a couch as cosmically as possible.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Paffgen posted:

Is Chapo going to reveal the crimes of Virgil in the DnD ep like it's the play within the play in Hamlet?

Oh God, this is the high concept poo poo that would push me to listening to a D&D Actual Play.

So I got a new phone so I got to reinstall all my podcast apps by memory. Thread there is a 3 day window to get me to jump ship from AntennaPod. Also what do I listen to during the holidays since the Giant Bomb Gametalk of the Year 16 hour yearly tradition is different this time. Anybody listen to it is it good?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

some plague rats posted:

Someone said 2022 would be the year of holding white women accountable and I assumed they were joking but it's only january 4th and I'm considering deleting half my posts

Rip, always liked the posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Fond memories of the cool zone thread

Videos of cop cars being flipped or on fire was rad.