Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

there already is an antiwar / gently caress the system candidate in the debates. I have yet to hear someone even try to make the argument on how Gravel helps Bernie at all. all he would do is lower the uniqueness of Bernie for low info voters.

also it really seems like elder abuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

if a guy wears a trillby and talks in a fake British accent it is just a matter of time until he's revealed to be a aspiring sex creep or something

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

we're def going to have a right wing coup within our lifetimes but I have no idea if the state will disolve. I'd argue that Flint's water situation represented the state acknowledging its weakness and abrogation of the social contract, but historically, zombie states can last a long time.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I had conservative friends really into stratfor like a decade ago. I forget the details but stratfor got them all amped up about some huge coming war or something that was completely made up, and since then i haven't heard anyone talk about them until this thread. so they blew their load on some random, possibly unintentional (stratfor seemed coked out and slightly nuts imo) disinformation.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

dunno if you guys are aware of that "what's left" podcast but one of their hosts went full fash today

hasn't she been in that zone for a while?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Which of the Chapos is going to be the first to use the reaction to newest episode as proof that cancel culture is real?

Will's class interests and deep media connections are inevitably going to combine with middle aged white guy brain disease imo but that's probably years off

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

doing a coup is work though. if Barr and Miller burst into the oval office with a twelve point plan to invalidate the election, Trump would be unable to stop talking about how they are being very unfair to the my pillow guy long enough to sign it imo

I stopped worrying about Trump being a dictator on day five of his presidency, which he spent defining the FBI and CIA as his mortal enemies. all the levers of power are before him but he doesn't care at all about them unless they can help him on Twitter or some corruption

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

that's a surprisingly negative view of people who can sew and have scrap fabric on hand from someone who thinks they're a fan of trad households

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Dumper Humper posted:

Yes she's mad at people who can sew and not at the idea of normalizing this bullshit.

if you're mad at masks with cutesy colors then you're mad at people wearing hand-sewn masks with scrap fabric. this all seems very much like some aesthetics first bullshit but I haven't seen her actual argument, just what goons here are saying

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

"purple syrup heart" killed me

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

fabergay egg posted:

trueanon is undoubtedly the most entertaining of all the 'leftist' shows that ive listened to. far and away a better entertainment product than the rest of that middling garbage.

peak Chapo was the era of the cold open. now trueanon reigns, for they still bother making bits to open with

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

my two most recent faves are kpop and the one about "rehabilitation" boarding schools

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I only use Stitcher for the Age of Napoleon episodes that aren't on Patreon. The ad placement is jarring as gently caress but I dunno if that's representative of the platform as a whole or just how this guy chose to do it for his podcast

the rss link on patreon for age of Napoleon has all the episodes ad-free, no?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

xtal, I'm a lurker here and your endless (often successful) attempts to center any and all conversations on yourself shits everything up. shut the gently caress up you narcissistic, negative-attention obsessed weirdo

if cspam even has mods, please ban him from any and all threads thank you

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

men would literally rather (insert whatever it is he actually does here?) than go to therapy

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I miss when they would put work into their cold opens. "sometimes you need a sandwich sicko to catch a pizza predator" was an absolute all timer.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I feel like sex pestery in nerds is decently correlated to affectations. so Virgil was always the most likely of the chapos, and it's just a matter of time for the current affairs guy who dresses like Austin powers works in banking.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

DD feels amazing to get on top of the curve but it is hard. a big part of it is learning what the enemy types do and how to mitigate them, and the other big part is figuring out synergies between different fighters and abilities. but the learning process involves getting your rear end kicked, repeatedly

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

some plague rats posted:

Are we talking about darkest dungeon? I want to talk about darkest dungeon

crap I was and I must have posted on the wrong thread

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

some plague rats posted:

It fit into the conversation so well I assumed you were doing a bit

Which thread is the one to talk about DD in. I wish to discuss the perfect team composition (four grave robbers)

the cspam gaming thread has what you need. when it's not talking about snowrunner or dark souls. which it is 90% of the time.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Mine was not a statement on cost effectiveness or even the absolute merit of Panda Express as such but the fact that Chinese nationals aren't as purist as americans about such things

my grandma who was both first generation Italian American and also raised by a professional high end Italian chef, liked to treat herself in retirement with the olive garden

(granted this was in a very rural place with no actual Italian places, but still it's not like she burst into flames on entry)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

oy mate you got the 'ovid in Ohio, right mental innit

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

The amount of people showing their rear end defending pedophile noah berlatsky

what happened?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

in response to society shaming some women while fetishising a certain body type, it is critically important to body shame a different set of women, and fetishise a different body type.

it's called being an ally

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I played Eve for a couple years, and the thing I liked most about it was that it was so chill/boring 99% of the time that I got a lot of stuff done while "playing"

the game was pretty fun and exciting the other 1% of the time, but you need a good imagination for that part because the game interfere you experience during a large battle is just an extremely glitchy spreadsheet that you'll be lagged out on any interactions with

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

as a giant nerd I do find the reactionary elements of nerddom interesting but yeah I am VERY not sold on that having any impact on the wider culture, random acts of incel terrorism aside. I think something like q would have happened on Facebook or by email forwards if the chans didn't exist, it was more of a Boomer + social media thing than anything else imo

like the very nature of these atomized insanely online nerds is not having meaningful social relationships, which precludes them impacting much beyond the poor suckers already in their lives

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

i say swears online posted:

the only sex-negative feminist i know irl was a graphic designer on the warren campaign and uses the phrase berniebros

did her hair grow back over the blood and teeth skull tattoo yet?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Was listening to the latest TrueAnon, and I feel like Brace/Liz (mostly Liz) were using the kind of broken logic of "if it's even remotely plausible things happened this way, I think they happened this way."

Regarding Brace's rationale (which pretty much entirely relied on the supposed concrete evidence of TBI), is there actually any concrete evidence of TBI? Last I heard, there's no public evidence of this (just the reporting that some people were diagnosed), and it doesn't exactly seem implausible that, among a random sample of people, you'd find a few with a TBI (apparently like 2% of the US population has TBI).

It seems like a real Occam's Razor sort of situation, where the only cases that aren't 100% obviously a complete load of poo poo (the original ones, since obviously all the cases that suddenly "coincidentally" popped up after it started being reported on were mass hysteria) also have plausible causes that don't involve any sort of weird tech.

I also think that Brace/Liz (mostly Liz) kind of overestimate the state of secret government tech.

also I gotta imagine the % of cia guys who did football or encountered an IED before is way higher than the regular population

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I do think he talked way too much but I'll still take it

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'd never heard of this guy so I went to his Wikipedia, and read the wiki page that that dude definitely wrote about himself

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

the funniest thing about bjg seemingly perma ghosted on her own podcast by her own co-host is, isn't she a lawyer? so presumably there's some hilarious contract issue keeping it in purgatory, which is lol, or she can't figure out how to kick him off a thing he seemingly quit, which is even better. Harvard grads at their finest

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

how is it possible to poo poo wrongly. that doesn't make sense. wrong place, okay, sure. but wrong way? no.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I do not understand all the hate for Ted lasso. a sappy show about "what if sports guys were impossibly nice" is exactly as escapist and dumb as every other TV show and a lot easier to watch. no it's not actually funny but neither is anything else at the sitcom level currently. every generation gets one actually funny sitcom, and we've gotten both arrested development and 30 rock so that's it, we're definitely not getting another one

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

probably less of a piece of poo poo than virgil though

ehhhh

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Azathoth posted:

he 100% lawyered up rather than just slinking off into obscurity like a normal pervert

I don't know how lawyers work but a lawyer getting out-contract lawed by a non lawyer has to be a pretty big own

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

why isn't brie's show's name some sort of pun on force the vote

Truthseekers of the Intellectual Dark Web presents: Twitter Engagements down 4 Truth

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's quite cruel to suggest the podcast with the fake twitter muslim

if Alice isn't Real Twitter then no one is

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I didn't know this Jane #1 is a famous actress? How the hell has her name not leaked? That is surprising.

I'm assuming there will be a retribution leak any day now

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

entering a discussion on a message board is just posting. that's what everyone does here so it shouldn't be called something special like kramering. instead, kramering should mean that a tape of the poster saying the n word came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

post left is leftist aesthetics with completely conventional right wing opinions (the worst possible combination). they're just regular republicans, but worse dressed.