Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the dave anthony version is better

West Wing Thing has lovely audio. And while I like both hosts, I think it would be better if one of them was replaced with a Matt or Virgil type. The hosts they've got are both media people with an interest in politics. So when they're criticizing the show as show it's really good, but when they go to politics they can stumble and it turns into the two of them trying to vaguely remember the 90s. If they got a politics wonk with an interest in media, bring that perspective in, it could be really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

also put The Dollop in the OP

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH Chapo spreading that Millennium Challenge bullshit again!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There are so many reasons that Iran could beat us, you don't need to bring up the Millennium Challenge at all. They didn't mention the fact that Iran is like the size of all of Western Europe, and is all mountains, swamps, or dense urban areas. The three absolute worst kinds of terrain for an invading force

i say swears online posted:

drat I never knew this part

Ripper said that electronic communication jamming would have no effect because he simply switched to using motorcycle couriers, which he said were as fast and reliable as radio transmissions. Total Calvinball poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Victory Position posted:

you could run a quick dumb guy test on the term

zoo + illogical = zooillogical, so it must mean that it defies the natural order

The pronunciation difference between "zooillogical" and zoological is so small that whoever came up with and anyone who uses the former is an rear end in a top hat that I feel safe in ignoring forever

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

drat what the gently caress is up with that dudes eyes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

-Small fiber neuropathy
-Dysautonomia
-Antiphospholipid syndrome
-A bacterial infection of mycoplasma
-Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth Syndrome
-Mast Cell Activation Syndrome
-Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
-Autoimmunity of some kind
-a genetic mutation that prevents proper uptake of vitamin B12 and folate
-adrenal hypofunction

I don't think somebody could have that many chronic diseases and still be alive

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh poo poo, I missed that she might also have Craniocervical Instability, which I think is the technical term for being a Necromorph

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This woman is almost 70 years old

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Probably Magic posted:

Refusing to even mention Gravel is pretty lovely imo, and combined with Felix flipping out on Lee Carter, I wouldn't say it's been a lot of good looks, but then again, they're just podcasters, who gives a poo poo.

They did mention Gravel. Multiple times.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

WampaLord posted:

They could have easily booked either him or the teens for an interview and gotten him over the donation threshold

The times they mentioned the Gravel campaign they usually talked about how uncomfortable they were with the whole thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

WampaLord posted:

and yet they did an interview with marianne orb lady

You know what the difference is between the two? Marianne is running an actual campaign! She's doing events, she has a campaign staff, she's doing politics in real life. The Gravel teens were literally just tweeting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, Marianne Williamson is definitely not doing a vanity campaign that just "takes time away from Bernie" as Chapo pretends Gravel is doing, come on, get real.

Who are you quoting? You just said you had never heard Chapo even mention Gravel, how do you now know what their take was?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1144059925364125702

she's even better at tweeting than Gravel

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I hope this doesn't derail the plan to have Amber marry one of the McElroy brothers, thus forming an alliance between the Chapo/Cumtown New York Podcast Axis and the McElroy West Virginia Podcast Empire

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Victory Position posted:

Brooklyn will drown in a sea of flame wars

I think they're just gonna nurse grudges and subtweet for decades

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shakenbaker posted:

I thought Felix's family was Russian and Polish? i'm slightly beyond the pale right now because debates and that's what I remember him saying

I would love Felix there though, if for no reason beyond superior tangents

I remember Felix saying that he did a 23andme and discovered he is like 95% Jewish, 5% a different kind of Jewish

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

is arpwel verboten in this thread

Is he still doing stuff? I thought he fell off the radar after it came out that he was 100% financially supported by his dad who was like the CEO of Raytheon or soemthing, and then he put on a little play at his local DSA chapter about how it's not OK to criticizes comrades for what their parents do.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bedshaped posted:

The Halo 2 references were weird. Wouldn't have expect their audience to play bideo gaems (a fun way to say video games)

Felix has been making Halo and Metal Gear Solid references since almost the first episode. The Chapo Twitch channel is mostly used for streaming Fortnite. Virgil and Matt had a public debate over whether or not video games are good. Virgil is a D.Va main

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

He was so bad at Metal Gear Solid I'm still half convinced that it was a bit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Victory Position posted:

he just has to suck it up and admit that his best role in a game like that is as support

They should switch to Overwatch and have Felix main Mercy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Basically, New York is a bad place where people shouldn't live.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

get that OUT of my face posted:

the only thing stopping me from making a podcast where i get cynical and negative about sports is the fact that i'd have to promote it constantly on twitter and elsewhere for it to get any traction

Just get one of you celebrity comedian friends to be a guest host

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Just found out Marx and Bakunin were anti-semites.

Hate to cancel my faves

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

that dude has less than 2,000 subscribers. Why does anyone care about him?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/fooly_cooly/status/1149451165026811904?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's also kinda dumb to go "lol it's just twitter who cares" when twitter is the way a lot of comedians/podcasters/artists/etc. build their audience nowadays.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

At least he loving stopped doing portmanteaus

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Victory Position posted:

I'm not put off by his gimmick of being the perpetual little brother, but I can see why it would get grating

the whole him and David doing these "yeah I'm leaving now" skits way too often is what gets to me

Somebody in the Dollop thread pointed out that every episode they do about the first time a woman did a thing, they do the exact same riff. *olde timey stentorian voice* "How can she do the thing?! She's a woman! Where's her penis?!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

get that OUT of my face posted:

now that Dasha and Adam have broken up, i no longer feel compelled to listen to Red Scare or give them $5 a month for new episodes. the good insights there are constantly buried under a mountain of eye-rolling takes

Even if you knew Adam personally, it would still be embarrassing as gently caress that you thought you had some kind of responsibility to pay for and listen to his girlfriends podcast

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Victory Position posted:

meanwhile, VanderPod goes unlistened by literally everyone

yeah they haven't put out an episode in months

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1150135625812729861

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I listened to the first couple episodes of Ballin' Out Super. It was pretty funny, but they kept insulting the franchise, which was weird and annoying. Not like, "this specific thing was bad" but general "lol garbage show" or "It's better if you watch the Japanese because then you can't understand the stupid plot!". Do they ever get over themselves and admit that it's a good show that they unironically like, or does the irony shield stay up for the next 100+ episodes?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Homeless Friend posted:

What an accursed existence, truly.

Will and Amber like the arts scene, Virgil likes the local politics, Matt likes the wide variety of treats, but Felix just wants to live in a cheap midwestern city, game, go to the gym, and hang out with his friends at Taco Bell at 3 in the morning

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/samsanders/status/1151854515416514561

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Deified Data posted:

Amber's politics will follow the arc of Lelouch on a long enough timeline.

:hmmyes:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

The original idea was that Gravel would somehow push Bernie to the left on foreign policy issues. This makes no sense and wouldn't work. Why would he suddenly get more anti-interventionist just because a meme candidate met the low standards to get onto the debate stage?

You're wrong. The original idea was that the teens thought they would get to go on Chapo. That was the entire basis of the Gravel campaign.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Taintrunner posted:

well I’m sure Orb Mother and Silicon Valley Dumbass are such invaluable contributions to the discourse then.

They're more serious candidates than Gravel, at least.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Chapo did literally one adversarial interview ever, and it was so bad they almost didn't release it. I don't know why people are expecting them to "Nail Marianne's rear end to the wall" or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

where they go on adventures and solve mysteries