Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

gave the behind the bastards epidodes about assad a go and laughed my rear end off at how wrong the hosts were. and also his vocal fry and stupid loving voice are hilarious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

we don't talk about the weather is good if you are interested in uk politics

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

I ended up listening to "It Could Happen Here" this week, which is a former Cracked writer trying to predict what a new US civil war would look like.

It was fine, but I mostly finished it to figure out what goes on in the mind of a self-described leftist who views the Ukrainian Maidan protesters and Syrian FSA militias as examples to emulate.

he does this other pod called behind the bastards and they just did a 2 parter on assad. his co host is a lib feminist who wants america to get deeper into syria. she supported the US bombing last year and altho she's supposed to be a syria expert she didn't know what the mukhabarat was until midway through part 1 lol

they both downplay the genocidal ideology of the "rebels", promote the MS paint journalism of bellingcat, and say obama "overthought" the situation whereas bush would have "at least gone in swinging" in 2011. they also say it's a shame iraq went badly because it scared obama away from invading syria. evans also claims the US provided minimal support to the "good" rebels, completely ignoring that altho it is true the US outsourced much of the arms and jihadi smuggling to regional allies, it's still one of the most expensive regime change efforts in CIA history by now.

i have no idea how this man can describe himself as an "anarcho leftist".

also i can't stand his smug voice and vocal fry.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

I'm quite enjoying the revolutions podcast, just on the 3rd episode. so much to get through tho.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the motion for debate is literally just a collection of words to me, completely wretched empty headed nonsense.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

I finished this a few weeks ago and still think about how the guy who did it idolizes Ukrainian fascists.

while ICHH is decent, i got the creeps from his references to ukraine and syria so i read up on him. you get a feel for it don't you. when i realised he's a self-described anarchist suddenly his takes made more sense. he does another podcast called behind the bastards and he did a 2 parter on assad. highlights:

- he and the co-host (she describes herself as a feminist) tell the story of the syrian uprising and get almost everything wrong.
- co-host is an expert on syria but didn't know what the mukhabarat was until midway through the first episode lol
- she has nothing but praise for trump bombing the airfield last year because it means "they know we see them"
- obama overthought the situation, and at least george bush would have "done something"
- the US only gave the "moderate rebels" 3 dollars and a box of ammunition
- it's a shame iraq "scared us off" from "helping in situations like that"
- they conflate all the rebel groups with "the syrian people", so by default if you want to see the salafi psychos defeated you actually want all syrians genocided, and being against giving al qaeda air cover means you support "assadism"

I'm sure you get the gist. i asked him on twitter what the moral difference was between a chemical or barrel bomb attack and what the US did to raqqa and he got really cunty with me and said "you are seriously comparing cruise missiles to barrel bombs?"

i have no idea what he was trying to communicate there.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're all trying too hard to be Felix.

yeah they almost word for word do the same bits as the previous week's chapo but try to transpose them to UK politics and it just doesn't work at all

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what is the deal with felix anyway? he must be bored as gently caress or something, he is down to like 1 half-hearted episode a month now

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i thought amber had a good episode. i thought felix disappearing was kind of a dick move and i don't get why he doesn't just quit. you could hear will wasn't happy. "thanks to amber and matt for picking up the slack. once again. as always."

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i don't gently caress with trashfuture, feels like they just recycle old chapo bits and that alice person reminds me of this narcissistic dipshit i used to work with. god bless them.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

ep 1is the only good comedy pod. started listening a couple days ago.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the huey long episode is really good

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

well there was the wife emailer
and the necrophilia defender
and the one that went to a cabin with a bunch of other twitter people to do a The Port Huron Statement themed LARP

There's like 18 other cohosts as well
wait what? necrophilia defender? the gently caress?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

any good podcasts about the family murders so i can maintain my epstein brain zooming

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

Is there a good lefty conspiracy theory podcast. I need to fully go off the deep end.

yeah this

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

You Must Remember This did a series on Charlie Manson but it deals with him in Hollywood and the music industry. Its really good though.

have heard that, it's really good.

i meant the australian case tho. read up about it dude, that poo poo is terrifying.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

anyone know where a broke fellow could get a bootleg war nerd feed

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

in case you were wondering if anna unironically says calling her ugly is antisemitic, i can confirm she does

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the longer chapo goes without posting the epstein suicide megapod the more i am inclined to think they're running things by their CIA handlers tbh

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

if you are an adult and you're trying to conflate people interested in the world of shadowy connections, intel agencies and trafficking to elites the epstein case has offered a glimpse of with being a 9/11 truther or a birther, you are a paedophile.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

shadowy connections, intel agencies and trafficking is literally what birthers were (and now in qanon form, are) on about. their central tentpole, that obama was illegitimate, is just as likely as there being anything to be known about epsteins death beyond his realization that he had absolutely no future and him being handed a chance to get out, by some peon rather than by the decision of a shadowy council of globalists.

it is not so much that there isn't a bunch of shady stuff happening, it is that the speculation is mixes what is irrelevant and what is fantastical in a way that achieves nothing. whole this is fed by a mix of "for the lulz" pseudo-irony posters who thinks it is funny and actual schizophrenics imagining random connections (and as we know from history the former tends to turn into the latter over time). the flight logs and the money paid into epsteins ventures is in actuality the juiciest possible information there is, but as there is nothing much more to know, and nothing has happened with what is known, there is nothing but a loss of mental health to be had going on about it.

the great debunker has spoken

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Organic Lube User posted:

We literally keep uncovering scary shady poo poo every hour and this rear end in a top hat over here like "we can't know anything for sure!"

Assuming we're gonna see him on some flight logs eventually.

dude has the Skeptic Brainworms, which means an insufferably smug reflexive attitude that centres around believing elites are mostly bumbling incompetents who are incapable of coordination or pursuing their own interests. it was useful in the 00s debunking 9/11 nuts, not so useful when applied to an efficient and globalised human trafficking industry woth 99 billion a year. just makes you look like an absolute danger.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

popehat is horse whisperer bad, isn't it? i mostly hang out on comedy stalinist twitter so idk

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

normally don't mind amber but she's insufferably boring re epstein. either go full epbrain or go home at this point.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Agean90 posted:

Most recent street fight radio has me thinking about how being actually honest about my flaws would ruin job searching.

Well I only care about the paycheck, I consider any company activity that doesn't have free food a waste of my time, and i'll leave for a new job the moment you guys pile more responsibilities on me without a pay increase

yeah like, i'm not gonna stay even 30 seconds after finishing time, i'm not gonna be at my desk until my start time, i'm not gonna do more than hit the minimum targets, i'm not doing any work i'm not getting paid for.

employers need to grow the fucj up tbh, spoiled whiny little babies.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

mintcast is very good

anyone got a bootleg feed for radio war nerd for a broke comrade?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i like trueanon

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

it could happen here was okay and BtB is occasionally interesting but robert evans is a massive succ and his "anarcho leftist" horse poo poo irritates the brain.

also i'm always wary of syria obsessives who never pass up a photo op of them in a desert wearing weird designer shades.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

taibbi has a new podcast, good news since his old one was unfairly cut short due to haters

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

gave "it could happen here" another go. knowing now who robert evans is i feel better equipped. while an entertaining work of speculative hysteria, his central thesis is a bust. he's also an extremely humourless guy, and i don't trust any of these "independent journalists" who all wind up snapping selfies in the syrian desert wearing flak jackets and 400 dollar ray bans, talking up humanitarian intervention and whatnot.

there's a really hilarious bit where he describes beto and kamala as "democratic frontrunners" who are "hated by the far left". his voice annoys me too.

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 01:31 on Aug 27, 2019

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

oh his solution for how to head off a civil war is for people to talk to extremist right wingers lol

50/50 he's a loving spook

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Majorian posted:

I've never listened to Mueller She Wrote, but I can't imagine that had a very good effect on its listeners' psyches.

the hosts reported an influx of calls and emails from suicidal fans after mueller's investigation turned out to be a bust lmao

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

MizPiz posted:

Following up on the psyop Epstein podcast:

In the intro for the first episode the host said she not only wanted to cover the case against Epstein but "establish context" for what he did. This context, at least as far as I can tell, is basically that Epstein was doing a personal version of The Handmaid's Tale. The focus is more on the fact that these where underage women being abused and using it to make this about how "we place value in rich men and young, beautiful women" (basically the show's catchphrase). There wasn't any real attention paid to his connections beyond some bringing up a couple times that he had to have had some help to pull it off; quite hilariously she said she "wouldn't be surprised if an FBI agent was involved." They also briefly mentioned Ghislaine as his partner and specifically characterized her as a co-leader in a criminal empire, but left her as this mysterious figure no one really knows anything about. From the preview, they're also sticking to him being a math genius, so if you need anymore proof this is disinfo.

Edit: Should add that the next episode is going to have someone being interviewed about how he pwned on Wall Street, so that should be worth a listen.

them using the phrase "underage women" is a gigantic red flag for me. the network is raping children. they are not loving "teenage prostitutes", or "underage women".

also the decision to frame this as a scandal along similar lines to #metoo is ridiculous, this isn't some predatory boss assaulting his secretary, it's a global network of slave trafficking protected at the highest levels of power for fucks sake. throwing out zeitgeist buzzwords like gender and patriarchy without interrogating what they mean in that context is dereliction of duty.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

quite a muted chapo imo, but trueanon made up for it. enjoying the ongoing subplot of liz getting more overtly irritated at brace loving around when she's trying to do good work exposing the satanics.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

lol every wasbappin meltdown is funnier than the last

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Goon Danton posted:

Very on topic, Rev Left just put out an episode about Rojava that opens with 13 solid minutes of disclaimers on why you shouldn't be mad about the episode. It's like a dollop intro for leftist sectarians

had never listened to this pod before but i'm listening to this ep now and goddamn this is super interesting.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

if im not mistaken the peshmerga are distinct from the ypg aren't they, so it's not quite accurate to say "the ypg" abandoned the yazidis. the 2 guests seem to be arguing that the ypg disarmed the assyrian/yazidi populace (it was the peshmerga) to allow isis into that territory, then fled, then came back once the yazidis were on the mountain, so the ypg would then look like heroes for rescuing them all? seems a bit conspiracist idk.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

thought the kubrick episode was poo poo. i thought it was going to be full on epstein brain fun and instead all they do is go through each scene making variations of the same joke about plot holes and bad dialogue. only right at the end do they actually discuss anything vaguely spooky relating to epstein. what was the point.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

it's redundant anyway really because kill list and true detective s1 are explicitly about the ruling class using murder, child abuse and cult rituals for pleasure and bonding. hell true detective even has a crooked spiral as a code for peds. so the most likely explanation about ews is it's a kinda boring drama about nyc elites with a take it or leave it suggestion of paedophilia at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Autism Sneaks posted:

just lol if you wanted Nick on the pod but thought he would "contribute" anything other than one or two slurs and a couple rape jokes. oh and a forced Tom Meyers reference for the real cum heads

the only time i've found him bearable is the epstein ep he did with christman for some other podcast, even then he insisted on doing a weird af jamaican accent for some reason