Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

"I was paying a podcaster to be that cumtown guy's girlfriend" is legit the funniest post I've read in weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

I also had a good AP US history teacher who had us read Zinn. He also was super into the movie Crash and had us watch it like twice, but he was still a very good teacher.

Whenever people mention that movie I just imagine how much more interesting it would be if they were talking about Cronenberg Crash

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

If anything comes of this it'll be to make prison suicide watch more intrusive and demeaning

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I want a "buy foreign" bumper sticker so that my car can be vandalized by everyone of every political persuasion and I would 100% deserve it

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

"material needs are taken care of" presumes your rent, education and healthcare expenses won't all go up by $1000 each in Yangtopia

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

it’s like shmorky - if you do that poo poo long enough you get stuck and then you just talk that way

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

He's not wearing blackface, he just got done making passionate love to the Alberta tar sands

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

What cellular telephone application do y'all use for podcasts?

I use Google podcasts and it's....not great

IMO trimming silence is the killer feature you want in a podcast app - it'll add up to hours and hours saved extremely quickly. Pocket Casts does this and is cross-platform, also Overcast on iOS, not sure about any others

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

teens using the boomer platform to form a fandom for Ohio’s foremost anarcho-dads

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

the one who got away (from my Austrian basement)

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lol @ trying to call out the hosts for being sexist while obsessively hating on THE GIRL CHAPO in the same breath

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Eyes Wide Shut was controversial because it's sex party was too tame

The lame-rear end orgy was foreshadowed by Nicole Kidman hitting a joint once or twice and getting preposterously slurred near the start of the movie

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I listen to a podcast (or half of one anyway) when I walk my dogs. If you guzzle five hours a day of political podcasts you're going to end up just like my limbaugh-addled boomer mom

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Give the drugged-out furry a podcast. I want to hear her interview a potted plant for an hour

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

smore of babylon posted:

A friend just said his sister-in-law was in an Uber where the driver was listening to a leftist podcast about how Who Framed Roger Rabbit was an anti-car culture movie, and now I really want to know what podcast this was. Does this ring any bells?

The War on Cars, at a guess? Kinda wanna know myself

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Xaris posted:

all podcast subreddits are weird awful trashfires to begin with, so yeah

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Trillbillies is the only podcast where I clear out their queue regularly. It is because they are too loving lazy to post patreon preview episodes to their public feed

Them spotting a mouse in Terrence's cabin right in the middle of ragging on the woke lib $380 sweater embroidery grifter woman was fuckin great :allears:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I Before E posted:

The Peterson thing is a great example of something being very funny and very sad at the same time.

Yeah. Raise your kid to be a charlatan grifter, then as soon as you show weakness they extraordinary rendition your rear end to a Russian black site rehab facility, because Western Medicine Has Failed™

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lol the podcast platform wars have begun. :jerkbag: I imagine :filez: feeds will be forthcoming because nerds hate that poo poo

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Imagine hate-listening to Chapo for years so that you can turn up something to misconstrue as racist :allears:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/meganamram/status/1087143660389466112?lang=en

needs to be reposted as often as the wint candle tweet

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Retromancer posted:

was Ross Perot a CIA psyop?

I really don't think the CIA would ratfuck their boy HW Bush

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Haven't seen that movie in a while. I just realized that scene predicted no-knock raids and tacticool militarized SWAT teams :stare:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

So did they corner, crucify and humiliate* Bannon? Or was it a chummy softball fluff interview? IMO it's okay to platform these fucks if you use it as an opportunity to mock them relentlessly

*in a non-sexual way, I mean

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I hope the particular way that I hate star wars isn’t transphobic :ohdear:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Lady Militant posted:

h-how would it even be possible to hate star wars transphobically? there aren't any trans characters!

I used to think the sequel trilogy was a landmark of modern cinema, then on rewatch I noticed that Rey pops a massive boner while she's watching Luke Skywalker milk the space manatee thing. Now I hate it because I do not believe trans women should be allowed to go to space

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Xeni rationalizing being groomed and abused makes the whole thing a lot more depressing than if it were entirely down to her being being a callous, cynical shill :smith:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lol a cult with three people in it is just polyamory

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I am never going to pay people to live in Williamsburg and make podcasts but that post is a very hearty lol

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Big Dick Cheney posted:

Also they cost like $80

Their website contains no information on where these things are made so you can assume China and just get a clone off of Aliexpress for a faction of the price with no guilt if you absolutely have to have one. You could also get a nice US handmade leather wallet that doesn't look dumb as hell for what they're charging

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

getting completely clobbered by the coalition of unlikable DNC ghouls, dumb-as-dogshit media hacks and harry potter memelords is incredibly dispiriting but you absolutely cannot let those goddamn fuckers know they got to you

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Hooplah posted:

Elaborate? Their entire brand as i see it is based around their lack of irony or snideness

gimme the dirt

I've never listened to any of their stuff but your description is reminding me of that gawker essay about smarm

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

For twelve minutes, you have been asking: Who is cumtown? This is cumtown speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you...

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

the mueller she wrote podcast host is being sued by a former co-host because she's allegedly been withholding an equitable cut of the patreon money (or whatever) and ticket/merch sales.

also when the mueller report actually dropped last year there was a story about how the fans of the show had been sending these distraught emails to the hosts saying they felt like self-harming and were ideating because russiagate turned out to be a big pile of crap lol

What time was it in Moscow's timezone when she filed the lawsuit? :smugdog:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

leftist comedy wine podcast

If they are genuinely amusing and can tell me the least horrible $6 bottles of wine to buy then they will be providing two useful services. I'm not holding out hope on either account

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Xaris posted:

trader joes has some pretty good $6-range wines imo

just uh, dont get the two buck chuck cause charles shaw really sucks

:agreed: I buy wine almost entirely at trader joe's and costco. I somehow don't think tribeca wine importer guy (with his employer listed in the podcast descrption :lol:) is going to be my speed

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Goddamn I need to set up a consultancy/IT support firm to sell $10 Dell USB keyboards to campaigns for $400

e: I guess I'd have to be a congressional failson to pull this off. It's a shame because I already have a name picked out: Shadow Reptilian Election Stealing Services LLC

Clark Nova has issued a correction as of 18:15 on May 16, 2020

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Marriage is a lot like human trafficking, in that my parents have been doing both successfully for over thirty years

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Lady Militant posted:

actually ill upgrade my take to: movies are for 30+ man babies who want to make the soy face about superheroes and star wars. nobody under 30 watches movies or enjoys them.

This isn't a hot take. The hot take is deciding what year this became true. I'm gonna say... 2003 :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

Chapocels would refer to men who can't get laid because they listen to Chapo? Which is baffling, because if you tell women that actually Amber is the best Chapo and you're only in it for the movie episodes they slide off their chairs

pretty sure they mean redditors