Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

There are a bunch of universes, right? For instance, if ghosts are real, how come we live in the universe where ghosts are real, but Ghostbusters are fictional? Who you gonna call? loving nobody, that's who. How come we live in a universe where soap can get dirty and moisturizer dries out? That should be impossible! How come our universe has James Bond-type villains and yet no James Bond? Nobody will save us from Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos when they eventually control the weather and hold the world for ransom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
And what the heck is up with Canadians?

Politely hording maple syrup, dolling it out at a premium to the rest of us peasants...

lol but

body is a dinosaur
entropy is hosed because all my efforts are ultimately in vain and also the house will simply not stay tidy by diktat of the fukken laws of physics it is some bullshit

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

how come in this universe the packaged hot dogs come in one amount and the buns in a totally different amount?

lol but

body is a dinosaur

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

how come in this universe the packaged hot dogs come in one amount and the buns in a totally different amount?

if you are not double dogging then it is not the universe that is loving up

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

lol but posted:

if you are not double dogging then it is not the universe that is loving up

I'll double dog yer nan, m8! also, one package of hot dogs is a perfectly reasonable amount of hot dogs

lol but

body is a dinosaur

I'll double dog yer nan, m8! also, one package of hot dogs is a perfectly reasonable amount of hot dogs

i am not saying it is not i am saying two dogs one bun is the correct ratio

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

lol but posted:

i am not saying it is not i am saying two dogs one bun is the correct ratio

that's still not even close to the correct number of buns to hot dogs.

lol but

body is a dinosaur
what about tearing off a half bun and fully ensconcing yer double dog? i have not run the numbers

Manifisto

we live in a universe with celery. think about it: celery. ugh. celery salt is good, but only because it involves the death of large amounts of celery.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

There are a bunch of universes, right? For instance, if ghosts are real, how come we live in the universe where ghosts are real, but Ghostbusters are fictional? Who you gonna call? loving nobody, that's who—you, and me?![3]

There is also an argument to be made that Ghostbusters is, in fact, the story of a real person being killed, after being taken outside of his universe. However, the argument is largely flawed, as was the "ghost" argument of the first movie.

The "Ghost" argument holds

The first Ghostbusters film has been criticized, in the comment section of the popular video games YouTube channel: It's the Ghostbusters who take an ordinary, ordinary man and put him on a super-intelligent alien robot to fight it out in outer space, or what ever it's you call it. It does go on about this man going through a series of physical and psychological experiences and what do the real events and events in the movie do to him? That's how he ended up at the bottom of the ocean.

This argument is false, as was the argument that the film was actually about someone (Kesha) who had become a ghost by turning into one in order to fight him off. That's ridiculous, because you can't just take the real (or real-looking) person and turn

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Manifisto posted:

we live in a universe with celery. think about it: celery. ugh. celery salt is good, but only because it involves the death of large amounts of celery.

celery is pretty good. maybe you're what wrong with the universe

Macnult

pretty upset that i don’t exist in the universe where my dryer gives me extra socks

Macnult

[listening to harsh noise]
man it sucks to be born in the wrong universe

joke_explainer

why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway? Some alternate universe is harmonious with these terms

joke_explainer

In an alternate universe, airline food has no deal

Manifisto

celery is pretty good. maybe you're what wrong with the universe

holy loving poo poo people byob has been infiltrated by Big Celery

we all knew this day would come no matter how fervently we prayed, but still

google THIS

(somewhere, on a forum in a universe where poor can be cured by sunlight and Fruit Stripe Gum lasts a full 24 hours)

Guys, I really wanna live in a universe where stepping on a Lego hurts like hell

Manifisto

joke_explainer posted:

In an alternate universe, airline food has no deal

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

"Day two in the alternate universe: cars are parked all along the parkway and driving at ridiculous speeds in driveways. This is impractical as it is dangerous and I miss home very much

xcheopis

Well...

curse

heck
this universe is one of many simulations and at some point they uploaded the wrong data to the wrong servers and said gently caress it i'm not fixing that
they won't even give me the admin password

take the moon

by sebmojo

Thunder Moose posted:

And what the heck is up with Canadians?

Politely hording maple syrup, dolling it out at a premium to the rest of us peasants...

:canada:

we also drink wack brews

take the moon

by sebmojo

"Day two in the alternate universe: cars are parked all along the parkway and driving at ridiculous speeds in driveways. This is impractical as it is dangerous and I miss home very much

haha

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I wanna talk about speed limits for a moment.

Specifically, the speed of light. I mean, why is the universe so picky about how fast we can go? If we get close to the speed of light, space and time dilate, like the universe is saying "no! you can't do that! It's too fast!"

I guess what I'm saying is gently caress the speed police.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

While I agree that the speed police is too strict there, I want to point out that if they would let us go faster, light wouldn't have a problem when it comes too close to a black hole. This gives them an unfair advantage and I want every photon here to sign my petition to change this barbaric industry.

Goons Are Gifts

Also, what's the deal with atoms? I know, they want to be apart from each other, but jesus, fusing together to accomplish something without reaching 300 million Kelvin shouldn't be off limits. The star union exploits this to have a monopoly on nuclear fusion and this is unacceptable.

Stoner Sloth

curse posted:

this universe

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with the universe, have you tried turning it off and on again sir/madam?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Farecoal

There he go
Trigonometry would be much easier if π equaled 3 exactly, I've contacted the developers about this issue but haven't heard back

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Making clothing out of the fabric of space-time and dimension hopping through black holes of my own conjuring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Splatmaster posted:

Making clothing out of the fabric of space-time and dimension hopping through black holes of my own conjuring

measurable areas devoid of matter is the new black

Thekittymancer
I can't take the universe seriously when loving Belgium exists. why hast the universe placed such a scourge upon us such as Belgium, what have we done to deserve it.

gently caress you belgium and gently caress the belsh.

BoldFrankensteinMir

If you believe in ghosts, I have a universe in Brooklyn to sell you...

Sig by Heather Papps

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
It sucks that we got stuck in the one universe where dogs can't talk.

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
Frig this universe, everything bad that's every happened to me was in this universe.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
google THIS

Way fewer electrons than I was originally told, as it turns out.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

google THIS posted:

Way fewer electrons than I was originally told, as it turns out.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Space Taxi
Toast lands butter side down. This universe doesn't even have anti-butter gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homo Simpson

by Smythe
Lmbo at the OP