Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I would have been perfectly happy with a graphics update and fixing the bugs. I'm legitimately hyped now.

I may actually not wait for a sale for this like I initially intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I was a dumb kid who didn't realise you had the mana spell so I instead beat the last boss in a stupid war of attrition involving light and moon sabre spells instead. It must have taken me like an hour, and when I found out years later the proper way to beat the game I felt like it was dumb and cheating.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Just finished the demo, pretty fun but very easy. I picked Riesz and Kevin, but I dunno if I'll choose them for a full playthrough. I definitely will not be picking Charlotte though.

Camp lumina owns.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

chumbler posted:

I like Angela and Duran's performances. They're putting in some work.

I'm playing Angela's start now and lol at her getting sacrificed by her mother, getting rescued by a child WITH AN IDENTICAL MODEL TO HERS, then sighing in sadness when the mum is overly nice to her kid.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I solod full metal hugboi on hard with Angela without getting hit once. I know it's early but I'm not worried about a lack of healing.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

There may be more ways to sustain mana and health than there were. I saw Angela can get a bonus where charge attacks give a no point etc.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I like how many different iterations of Charlotte's name this thread has gone through.

I think I'm up to date, I believe in the new release it's "Cwlwtw"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I think I always went for Dolan last, and those werewolves tore me to shreds.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

A track from the remake popped up on youtube for me, and I cannot tell you how happy I am that the snare drum has kept the original character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STtIG76mwo

The music is so goddamn good

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Do certain attributes get capped easily? Or am I going to get in trouble boosting luck because it sounds like fun down the line.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anyone find super secret cacti yet?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

OK, I'm going with Angela for lead, with Riesz and Hawk.

I have no preference/ideas about classes but would like to do something more on the interesting rather than the overpowered side.

Recommendations?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yeah I have never not had Duran or Carlie, no heals is intentional

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lol, was all ready to play. I almost never buy something on release but apparently when it says "released on this date" it also means "but not in your timezone, suck it"

When does it actually release?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Game out yet??

no

e. checked steam for actual time, some people are capital M Mad about it lol

quote:

I know I helped at less 1 other sale aside from my own and up til this point praise promoted and recomended the game but yeah been out right lie to about the release date (sorry it does indeed say the 24th which its been the 24th here for 14 ♥♥♥♥ing hours now) and don't pull that "america" bull ♥♥♥♥ as every other major release game even ♥♥♥♥ing ff7 remake came out earlier here granted it was for virus reasons but it came here earlier none the less but icing on the cake is the fact console users already have there physical ♥♥♥♥ing copies and yet we have not even gotten a pre-load or a timer so here i am waiting bored ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ thinking "why the ♥♥♥♥ did i pay full retail to not beable to play something"? oh well lesson learnt, next time i shall simply key your ♥♥♥♥ing games square....

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 24, 2020

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

"wow, these golems sure are hard"

*gets 3 levels up afterwards *

lol, maybe a bit underleveled?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yes

Also whoever made the dwarves with southern US accents did good.

e. Gnome :allears:

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 24, 2020

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

So the bees with spears were sexy bee animes the whole time

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Strongly recommend class changing before finding Sylphid. Took a really long time against the boss and my party members got annihilated in the first few seconds.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Could Bil(l) and Ben always do that?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I think the ability was called underground?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Shade is the elemental spirit of goatse and I can never unsee it now.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Chrodyn posted:

The second time you encounter bil and ben has the potential to spiral out of control since they can ressurect each other

That's what they do the first time too, unless you get them both close tot he same time. They even ressurect with most of their health and their shield

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

fwowas gwow wed, thanks chawwotte

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

In a really neat touch, when you change classes and therefore colour schemes with Riesz, she keeps her story important piece of clothing on her, whether or not it clashes with your current gear.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Angela gets an ability quite late in the story which to be honest, is completely busted. After you defeat the Crimson dude you regenerate 10 mana every 5 seconds in combat. It's basically free mana forever.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

aight riesz i know you're excited to have a summon spell but please stop casting it when there's only one enemy left

Same except for Hawk dropping a combo on an almost dead rabite while shouting, "dodge this :smug:" at the air where the rabite used to be.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

XP boost in NG+ is no joke. I've just got Jinn, and I'm already in the 30s.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Harrow posted:

Now that the game's out: for people playing on Hard, how much of a pain is it to deal with having no healing spells? Really leaning towards a Hawkeye, Riesz, Angela playthrough.

Like it is "you'll barely notice because items are plentiful" level, or "you'll have to go out of your way to get extra healing items and you'll definitely notice" level?

It was OK, micromanaging is not particularly fun however. But you will be unlikely to run out of HP unless something goes incredibly wrong. Now I have Charlotte in a party it's a lot more enjoyable to not have to worry about heawing things myself.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Tricky posted:

As for challenges, yeah, it eventually it scales to finishing in Hard in 60 seconds.

:what:

I mean, sure, whatever. But still.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

And if you go to Class 4 with Kevin he has a solo boss fight so he'll outlevel you regardless. Best to make peace with it now.

Same for Duran, except I spoke to the dude as Charlotte so she kill stole all the xp for that fight :shrug:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Also collected all the L'il Cactuses. Protip, you can look at various areas by pulling up the map while you're flying on Flammie to see if you're missing treasures or cactus in them, though some areas you'll have to check manually.

Further pro tip, if you are looking for your last cactus and can't find it, it's on the other side of the cleft of the earth.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Item Getter posted:

I'm sure it's been asked before but do the ??? seeds work the same way as the original? You can reload and get into a fight to manipulate the RNG if you don't like the result you got at first?

You wish buddy

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Assuming you can still power through the Benevodons with not everyone in their third class, there is 1 seed in every one of their dungeons from a chest, as well as one in Pedda.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

What's the reward for under 60 seconds?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I think light Riesz gets a passive buff that means all of her buffs don’t time out.

Which as broken as poo poo.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

orcane posted:

Also the "we have so much lucre let's spend it" comments once you start getting big money drops :v:

Riesz lines are the most grating of these that I've come across.

e. honourable mention of Kevin's "what's a buy?" line

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Just did Anise in under a minute, wasn't too difficult. All level 99, Light Riesz buffing machine, Dark Hawk stat downs and to apply status effects, and Light Angela to do basically all the damage.

Level 99 but gear far from optimised, Angela had gear from Pedda still.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Nobody died in that attempt, but the answer is poto oil (which Riesz used)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I haven't really considered it before, but it's kind of hosed up how many creatures you kill in this game that are explicitly babies.