Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Hot drat a Mana SA thread

Riesz is God Tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
sure why not, SaGabros deserve some good times as well!

good times for all! These are joyous and wonderful occasions!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Because were finally getting SD3 over Japan legally, I decided to finally finish something that forced me to play a lovely game, but it was worth it.
Cant wait to see what new info we get on the remake

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
You have Kevin and Riesz, and are using Angela with Riesz. You got a solid team.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Gyoru posted:

Someone on resetera made a Trials of Mana: Three Job Thiesta, which is similar to the yearly FFV4JF.
http://www.robin64.co.uk/tomtjt

Hot diggity drat, just finished replaying it on collection, now I have an excuse to play again!
Gave me Paladin/Fenrir Knight/Dervish so its wabbit season.
http://www.robin64.co.uk/tomtjt/perma.php?one=11&two=44&three=53

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
How well/much did the SoM Remake sell? Did they give numbers for it?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Asnorban posted:

I'm 3 or 4 hours in to Trials of Mana for the first time and grasping the controls and combat is proving incredibly difficult. I spent probably 15 minutes last night trying to figure out exactly how to switch characters beyond holding L/R to temporarily control, how to equip items on other characters, how to cast spells with other characters, etc. Feel dumb in hindsight, given that it's mostly that I forgot the select button existed and didn't try it for a very long time.

That said, I have a few questions. My party is Reisz, Hawke, Charlotte:
1) Is there a good overall combat guide that I can watch or read?
2) If not, is there more to combat than simply walking up to an enemy, mashing the attack button, and hoping you don't miss? Only one party member has any spells (Charlotte), and my main (Reisz) doesn't seem to do anything besides the basic attack.
3) Can I screw myself if I don't level up properly? I don't care about min/maxing, but I don't want to get to the end of the game and find out I shouldn't have put any stats towards X with character Y and it screwed me.
4) At a shop do I really have to exit out of the menu to switch which characters stats it shows before I buy something?

I really hope Charlotte doesn't talk like this in the remake. I instantly regretted my choice.

1. Theres no need. Combat is straightforward. Pressing L or R makes you change characters, including during the item/spell rings.
2. Thats the gist of it. Spacing and planning actually helps, as you do get more meter for hitting multiple enemies and can make some of their attacks whiff. Both Riesz and Hawkeye get spells when they class chance which is lvl 18.
3. Just with Hawkeye really, he needs agility to get his spells on class change. Charlotte may need some spirit for her spells but she should be raising that anyways to improve healing and holy ball. Stats get capped of their previous class when the change, so theres leeway on what you want to put.
4. for equipment? Shouldn't have to, it should show what difference is when you select yes the 1st time when it asks if another memeber wants it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Phantasium posted:

No new characters for the Trials remake, multiple endings still in.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/27/there-will-be-multiple-trials-of-mana-remake-endings-but-only-the-same-six-characters/

I don't think either of those is surprising but I remember people asking.

neat. I think only Angela had a different ending if you took her route or not. Everyone else remained the same I think.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
It took em over 10 years to release that album, but man its worth it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Man got those figures pre-ordered.
April 24th cant come soon enough

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
So close yet feels so far

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
The more I see of the game, the more I cant wait to play it. Though some things do bug me, namely some of the VA's.

Duran, Angela, and Hawkeye all sound great. Kevin does sound young but fits enough. Charlotte is more on the script decision than the VA. Riesz's VA is...not good. The more you see of her in dialogue the more you notice that she cant deliver emotion and stops for no reason, which is weird since in battle she's fine.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
gently caress yes, Demo wednesday
gently caress yes, extra story and 4th level class

Oh no those designs aside Angela's look samey as what they already had, and what the gently caress is that Riesz outfit? It doesn't even look plausible or cool or all that hot because it looks so stupid. Everything below the breasts is a freggin disaster.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Man 4th Light Riesz doesn't look much better, Design had potential but why that shade of Orange? they really dropped the ball on her.
Angela got the best of the 4th classes for sure.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I dunno why they insist on giving Riesz low cut bikini's. Low cut Bikini's suck.
Riesz is a leotard girl, she looks drat good in em.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Id like to re-iterate that the Cast of SD3 are hairy as gently caress.
They got lots of hair.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Its really fun to play. Some of the voice acting is a bit off sync, but most of it was adequate. Riesz' thankfully is actually A LOT better than what they had shown us, still had a few moments of robotic-ness but overall was actually pretty solid. My dumbass didn't realize L3 was for running until I got to Wendel, so I basically spent like an hour or so doing air dodging near the ground to travel since it has no landing recovery. I got so see a good amount of Riesz butt due to that so thats nice, and combat flowed smoothly and was responsive.

Also Angela's favorite letter is the letter E.

Those weird choose a spirit/Farie things are totally gone as well, which is no loss since they never made much sense and were barely used anyway.

E:By the way, did we ever find out who the english VA's are? Some sound really familiar.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 18, 2020

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I did like the fact Riesz is like the biggest straight arrow dork and Angela is super valley girl as hell.
You could tell they were having fun making this.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Lumina reminded me of SF4 DeeJay

thumbs up from me

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I grew up hearing Lise, Carlie, and Hawk but im used to the correct terms due to exposure for so long.
All the art ive seen that its Riesz, prolly because too many funny times with Hawkeye and Riesz is an actual name.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 20, 2020

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Personality quiz gave me Duran,
which is absolutely odd since Im pretty sure stuff I chose goes directly against what hes all about.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I can see it now
"Tauchdown Tawm is the gweatesht fwootball puwayer of wall time"
"Fwuck the Giwants"

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 21, 2020

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

seiferguy posted:

Angela / Hawkeye / Riesz would be a fun party if it weren't for the no heals aspect.

Edit: it appears as long as you have the prerequisite stat filled, as you unlock spirits their magic becomes automatically available to you as opposed to waiting to level up, which is cool.

it feels pretty BALLS TO THE WALL in a way.
Also Riesz apparently gets a Victory heal in her light classes. They finally gave Riesz healing of somekind go figure.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
they have?
any chance of showing it?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
oh weak, they split magic defense and attack up as separate spells.
Guess they had to make up for speed up being gone somehow

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

timp posted:

Today's Nintendo Direct Mini featured a few short clips from Trials of Mana. Timecoded below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubRf4zyEvG4&t=1423s

Looks like one of Kevin's later class full screen techs, the Zable Fahr fight, and Lightgazer

admittedly, the most hype I got for the direct was for X-com on Switch and Kings Bounty 2.
Cool of Nintendo to advertise though. This game needs all the help in promotion it can get.

drat you FF7

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 26, 2020

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Oh poo poo all those artists are finally getting their Octopus/Tentacle thing in the game?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Gonna stick with Riesz, Angela, and Hawkeye because.

Always go Riesz.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Harrow posted:

I want to do this group but I'm slightly concerned that they'll lack healing and I'll find it annoying to rely on items.

I follow the motto of GO FOR BROKE

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
So uhh, this is a thing.

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1252764057553080323?s=20

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Three new spirits are being added to the spirit board in Smash Ultimate to commemorate the launch of the remake of SD3? My Japanese sucks, but that’s what I make out of that.

yep, Mana series got into smash as spirits.
And also, more advertising for Trials. Which is always nice.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Only Dr. Light can do an Elmer Fudd impression correctly.
Still, Charlotte is not the character id want to shut up speaking the most thats in a new JRPG this month. So she's got that going for her.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 22, 2020

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I wanted to buy a hard copy, but due to you know what, Ill op for download.
Before I download on steam and actually buy it hardcopy because im stupid and I really want this game to do well, despite what reviews say.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 24, 2020

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Enemies actually do damage. pretty prioritized amount.
Demo was essentially a tutorial. Literally as soon as you enter golden road enemies hit about 4-5 times harder than they did in the demo, while having more and bigger packs.

This is on Hard btw.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 24, 2020

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Golden Goat posted:

I mean it's pretty tempting to pick Angela for team bad voice but I guess Riesz is a better fit.

Can you change difficulty mid-game? I want to play on hard but as said if it just results in later bosses just being walls of HP I don't want that.

Dont worry Riesz being a prim and proper dork who turns into a robot a few times fits well with Elmer Charlotte and whatever the hell Kevin is supposed to be.
And dont think theres anyway to change difficulty.

Only real thing that bugs me so far is class changing taking oddly longer than it should and that it doesnt reset points.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Im aware you can reset at the market.
Problem is you wont be able to go there for a good while after changing due to story stuff. Not too bad but a bit of an annoyance.

Still having loads of fun with game.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Riesz works with everyone really. You can go with buffs or debuffs.
She seems to hit like a truck this time around.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I swear that bastard Bubsy came in to play as Niccolo this time around

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Zenithe posted:

So the bees with spears were sexy bee animes the whole time

yep, that isnt new either. They were oddly hot back then <_<
SD3 was a pretty horny game design wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Getting a bunch of enemies near together then hitting Riesz' CS1 makes me hard and switch struggle to stay alive.

Its awesome