Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Love of mana and obsidian power make this game so easy. Can you get class 3 if you meet the requirements by the time of the normal first class change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Phantasium posted:

pull out your wallet, the bring arts are sold in 3 separate pairs for $209.99 a piece (on sale for 188!)

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/614432/trials-of-mana-bring-arts-action-figure-hawkeye-riesz

oh no they are articulated

:shepspends:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i realllly hope the fix the crafting ui. i dont even mind if they keep it as much of a guessing game as it it but for the love of mana let me see the item stats without having to leave the crafting room entirely

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

vkeios posted:

Honestly the coop already sucked for LoM, so they don’t have to change a thing.

p.s. Legend is the best video game, so I’m very happy that Square remembered it exists.

its such a wonderful beautiful messy incomprehensible mystery of a game.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Nibble posted:

Rolled credits last night. Dark Castle had a suitable level of gravitas for a final dungeon, though I was expecting the final boss to have a third phase, that fight went a little quickly. If I keep following the markers, will I see all of the postgame content, or is there more hidden stuff too?

Overall my Dragon Master/Nomad/Warrior Monk party was pretty solid if a little one-note in terms of strategy. A bit disappointing that Kevin won't cast Leaf Saber on his own even with Attack Saber II slotted. Hawkeye, meanwhile, was throwing out a seemingly random but always welcome assortment of buffs constantly. Riesz was quite effective as main attacker and I loved her class 3 costume and CS.

Riesz was fun to play as with great aesthetics, combos, and useful skills including her summon, but I really did not come away with a good impression of her character. Seemed like any big moment that happened in the story, her reaction was either "What?" or "Oh dear!" with no real personality behind it. Even regrouping with the amazons and recapturing Laurent didn't really feel like it had that big of an emotional moment. Her bit of connection to Flammie was probably the most endearing thing out of the whole story. :shrug:

Yeah she is a lot of fun even if you can get more raw damage out of kevin (though her combos and specials i found a lot more useful) the poor writing and i guess directing on her sucks, since the va is fine in Fire emblem. i think her 3d model lost a lot vs her incredibly dynamic sprite in the original too.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah you gotta do it on the second run

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

Also the first thing she does is turn Lugar into a baby and send him into the woods, she's clearly a total weirdo.

give her a break she just moved in from her endless bugged moon palace from som

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i think what really makes it is that there is a lot of plot going on around you and you just kinda float in and out of people's lives

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I've been playing through it on a ps1 with an upscaler and the sprites look great there on a large tv. I think this version will help with things like fonts and really let you get the details from the painted backgrounds.

though the chances of playing this on a large screen are small since it'll probably just be couch and switch :thunk:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Trinity Trigger is up for preorder now, in the instance that I haven't just been talking to myself.

any reviews coming out of japan yet?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they also are shuttering opera omina too, so hopefully it's not to try their hand at another mobile game for one of their smaller franchises

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Excited to go on an adventure with my friends tall popoi, random catboy, and totally not pearl

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I have a really fond memory of my mom taking me to a pawn shop to buy a super nintendo around 1996

we got ours brand new (heavily on sale because the n64 had been out for a year)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

more 👏 stupid 👏 accents 👏

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Koiichi ishi looks a lot like a guy who is going to silently throw me through a window for the dude who created rabites

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i think that constraint was good because it allowed them to reset from whatever happened with dawn of mana and a bunch of forgettable rougelites

the LoM rerelease probably helped a lot too

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

really stretching it that anyone had a sense of wonder with dawn but the rest of the ad is good enough to let that slide :colbert:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

The Mana series is kind of surprisingly miserable given its cutesy aesthetics. Is there actually a game in the line where Mana actually does something useful other than just heal some of the damage caused by bad guys trying to steal the power of Mana?

Legend! though that kinda stretches the cycle of useful what with ending the universe

the progression reset is what really got me with dawn. why bother having character levels at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Boogalo posted:

echoes of mana was oddly the only gacha i've enjoyed the gameplay of and understood enough to do equipmeqnt upgrades and stuff. It was still a lovely evil gacha though and that was sad.

i kinda wish that the actual levels were a bit more fun and that it was anything other than a squeenix gacha because they are especially terrible, especially if someone you like gets put into the non 5* hole