Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What's the maximum number of targets needed to clear the bow&arrow minigame? 20 got me the larger quiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Zarick posted:

I got 25 and got the big quiver so I bet that's it.
To be clear, is that the only upgrade? As in right now I have a maximum of 20 arrows.

I think I have an OK-ish grasp on the normal gameplay/movement/combat, but woof do I not know how to actually use the bow. Someone in the chat thread mentioned that it's "hold on beat, release on next beat" but I swear I tried for a good 20 minutes trying to do nothing but that and every time I pull back it hits me with a "missed the beat". It's also a complete roll of the dice as to whether I can pull off the reflect, but I can at least usually pull that off now with enough tries.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Is there any advantage to playing as a character other than Zelda? She gets a shield that's omnidirectional and can reflect melee damage, with no apparent downsides.
When I asked in a discord why it was so hard to reflect the immediate response I got was "don't play as Zelda if you want to do that".

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

explosivo posted:

Shooting the bow takes two full beats. Try counting the beats out loud, it really does help.

One two three four
One two three four
One two hold release
One two hold release
Move move hold release
Move hold release move
Hold release move move

Keep in mind you do not have to move for those two beats that you're shooting to keep your multiplier.
Did Necrodancer have a ranged weapon like the bow that functions the same way? Every part of my instinct/brain is screaming out that "this should just fire with a single button press" and it's hard for me to associate a button release (compared to the normal button presses) with the beat. Saying it out loud will probably help though, yeah.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So I don't think I ever got confirmation but is there only one quiver/bomb bag upgrade per minigame?