Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I'm curious where you got the mentality of throwing away money on rent at $1500 a month, because by my math you're throwing it away on rent to a bank thusly:

Truck $755 (2014 f150 fx4?)
Trailer $375
Storage unit $95
RV Parks? $600 (4/19)
$1825

You're not saving any money by doing this.
When you aren't illegally living somewhere I assume that's where RV park rent comes from? A coworker of mine lives in an RV in a park and has an F150 and he's paying roughly that too.
Also LOL if you think you'll save money by buying a house. Even my paid off house costs me money in HOA, property tax, and insurance. Principal and interest were literally $300 of an $1100 house note.They vaporize money faster than anything I've ever seen aside from airplanes. I sense you're already getting belligerent with people pointing out the obvious that you dun goofed. It's not roadside BBQ like you wanted, but you're right there in the realm of Bad With Money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

howdoesishotweb posted:

I've seen this movie before....

:thurman: :perfect:

That's a reeal nice surprise Clark.

E: to actually contribute. Didn't you finance a Corolla when you went dark during the last thread? I take it you rolled negative equity into the F150 in order to get the loan value that high? Isn't that a 2014 FX4? I saw it posted ages ago.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 18, 2019

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i dunno how i missed this but the homie has 45k in truck debt after paying $750/mo on it for how many years? dude, how much truck did you buy and why on earth did you do it?

i go on the ford website and spec out a max tow package f150 supercrew short bed with the EcoBoost V6 and still only get to $48k

The part I don't get is how that truck is $45k without negative equity. Because it can only be a 2014 at the newest, since they switched to the new aluminum bodystyle in 2015. Also I have that same trim (FX2) with a 5.0L V8 and it was $24k used with 62k miles.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

"Tell me how I'm dumb and wrong"

> tells him how he's dumb and wrong
>gets belligerent
>couches every bad financial decision with 'well this one time I had to sit on the floor and eat ramen, all day I'd dream about sitting on a milk crate instead'
It's like you're the dude on the wall in Life of Brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTj4naIdAs

Trying to use the suffering olympics to justify profligate spending without regard to future financial burden is exactly what my mother does. She grew up in a German internment camp for gypsies and jews in the aftermath of WW2, where my Grandfather's entire family died through a combination of malnutrition, typhus, and execution in a variety of concentration camps. That's a lovely way to start life and after 60 years of living with an increasingly decadent lifestyle, my Mom and Dad have really put themselves behind the 8 ball and are now over $500k in debt with no retirement savings.

They are now actively trying to gain control of my Grandparents' (father's side) estate trust before it becomes irrevocable so they can write me out of the inheritance of the family farm so they can keep the income off it for themselves. Meanwhile the German government is pursuing me for my Aunt's debts after her death as she was a ward of the state, because my Mother gave them my contact info so she could collect German social security on top of US social security. I won't go into the details of how that poo poo even works here.

So yeah, you have a future of screwing your child over for yourself if you keep this up.

E: \/ \/ \/ My wife and I both lost our jobs after the deepwater horizon blowout right in the middle of an oil crash in Houston. Everyone was on a hiring freeze for months. We went from over $100k income down to dual unemployment and not health insurance in the space of 1 month. That was the scariest time of my life and I vowed to never let debts get that out of hand again. Learning from your past decisions is crucial to making better ones in the future. I was doing HPC programming for a startup and the boss stopped paying everyone after that. Ended up working nights as a stocker at Target to eat, while selling everything I owned to make rent. Living in lovely times makes you appreciate the value of a dollar and who your friends really are.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 4, 2019

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Maybe I'm alone in this, but taking advantage of a place like the salvation army to flip something intended for needy families to make a quick buck seems pretty despicable, and of low cunning. I know you didn't follow through, but I wager you came here hoping someone would validate it.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I know you're joking right now. Because that's like moving to a cabin in the woods and complaining you have to poo poo in a hole you dug in the ground. It's called 'roughing it' for a reason. I guess you'd never spent much time in travel trailers before embarking on this quest. Because I could have told you they're hot as gently caress and with dogs they become a nightmare with all their panting from the heat bouncing the whole thing up and down. Awful.

:sigh: I miss Zaurg. But the inevitable hostility from being criticized will likely be an okay substitute.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

If you really are that strapped for time, why not roll the drums by guitar center and take the $300 they'll give you? Or put them on chicago music exchange and deal with selling them nationally.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I was throwing out a number. I don't know what drums are worth, and the set you posted are $1000. GC is a known low baller. I sold a $1000 made in Japan Ibanez RG 7 string for like $400 there just because I wanted it gone. It's like dealer vs. private selling a car. Dealers will take your poo poo and gently caress you on price, but there's far less hassle dealing with flakey jerks. Musical instruments are a bitch to sell because artists tend to be flakes in a lot of cases.

Drum set! Over $5000 invested, no lowballers I know what I got, in tune when stored (need new heads, $20 fix)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I had to look up what thousand trails was:

quote:

Thousand Trails (TT) is a campground membership organization that operates in a similar fashion to a resort timeshare. You pay an upfront cost and then are able to use the facilities for given amounts of time throughout the year.

Goddamnit KG, how did I know you were a sucker for timeshares too?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

If things were going well it'd be nice to hear that.

The last time KG dropped off the forums he encumbered himself with ~$80k of frivolous consumerism debt that depreciates faster than the interest on it.

And the time before that he bought a camaro, and the time before that a corolla, if memory serves.

KG, post the corvette.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the C8 is like $60,000 dollars and eligible for better rates than a RV as well as lower depreciation so honestly it would be at minimum a better with money decision

He's already gone straight boomer with the RV, why stop there when boomer endgame is wraparound oakleys and a vette? Bonus points for a sick chopper to take to the ice house.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

How in the purple gently caress did that happen? His username is knyteguy, and he posts like a loving NPC. Nothing but sportsball posts about the detroit lions. What a fuckin normie.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 26, 2019

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Lol Zaurg is such a tool he posted a PYF thread of his own posts and he's the only poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

LeafHouse posted:

To be fair, that forum is PMF where only the OP is allowed to post in each thread.

Not that he isn't a tool who huffs his own farts and revels in his minor infamy.

How will I ever recover? I didn't know we had a livejournal OP only subforum. It's me, I'm the tool in the OP.