Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I hope you'll be there to support my very even handed criticism of this game tomorrow.

Get your cans of compressed air ready!

JBP fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Congratulations on the journalism :)

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I do question how much "fan backlash" there can be when the thing isn't even released to the public yet.

I got mine free from AMD with my recent CPU so not really relevant to me, I'll be diving in as soon as AMD sends me my code.

Edit: But then I looked at the Steam Discussions for the game and a bunch of people who haven't played the game yet are real mad about it so I guess it's a thing.

bgreman fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 27, 2023

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz1swnk0dgA

Ad gave some chuckles.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Congratulations on the journalism :)

Journalism on WeGotThisCovered??

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

Journalism on WeGotThisCovered??

It changed owners and is really a lot better now!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bgreman posted:

I do question how much "fan backlash" there can be when the thing isn't even released to the public yet.

I got mine free from AMD with my recent CPU so not really relevant to me, I'll be diving in as soon as AMD sends me my code.

Edit: But then I looked at the Steam Discussions for the game and a bunch of people who haven't played the game yet are real mad about it so I guess it's a thing.

Yeah fans love to be mad. They love it!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

bgreman posted:

I've broken my controller, even though I haven't played the game yet. I sat there imagining playing the game...and then I imagined the framerate being bad and tossed my controller out of the window in a rage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JBP posted:

Yeah fans love to be mad. They love it!

Nobody enjoys being angry and hating something more than its loudest fans.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody enjoys being angry and hating something more than its loudest fans.

Hey people on Steam forums will love/hate any bug unreleased game

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I thought the game was supposed to be out by now? I guess 20 minutes?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I thought the game was supposed to be out by now? I guess 20 minutes?

Yep, whatever the next hour is where you are (I hate these releases because they always show up at 10PM, when I'm too tired to be bothered doing anything)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I remember getting halo 2 at midnight at gamestop and then playing it

What a time to be alive

For this game I made sure I got the day 1 patch that came out earlier and am going to bed

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My favourite star wars character, Dayone Patch.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

JBP posted:

My favourite star wars character, Dayone Patch.

is that the dude with the lightsaber kneepads?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Under ten minutes! :getin:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

is that the dude with the lightsaber kneepads?

No no you’re thinking of Randy Mic’rotranzact, that Yuuzhan Vong guy.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Non-canonical! Non-canonical!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not for long the way Disney is digging! :unsmigghh:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How bad is the game it's been 15 minutes

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

JBP posted:

How bad is the game it's been 15 minutes

It's everything Lucas ever dreamed of. May he rest in peace.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thom12255 posted:

It's everything Lucas ever dreamed of. May he rest in peace.

I can't believe how much extraneous poorly rendered Jabba there is already, goddamn

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'm yelling at the TV until BD-1 shows up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PC Gamer reckon the launch patch helps PC performance quite a bit but it's still not great.

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-jedi-survivors-first-performance-patch-helped-but-it-still-needs-serious-work-on-pc/

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I am excited to see all the way Cal finds to hold his lightsaber as different stances. I'm hoping for one where they're on his feet like bayonetta.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
6.3 GB patch for me on steam

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Performance anecdote, I'm about an hour in, and it's running okay with everything at High settings on my four-year-old computer. i5-8400 with a GTX 1070 Ti. Not a perfect 60 fps, but I'm not the kinda person bothered by a dropped frame here or there.

Game fun so far. Intro spoiler: Cal's red-shirt yellow-shirt crew are some of the most obviously dead people I've ever seen in video games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Out of 556 reviews on Steam, Jedi Survivor has 443 reviews that do not recommend the game lol.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I don't understand. Are people trying to run it on max settings with a toaster?

It definitely needs optimization work, but it's hardly non-functional.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

I don't understand. Are people trying to run it on max settings with a toaster?

It definitely needs optimization work, but it's hardly non-functional.

Yeah it's impossible to know. The reviews and feedback rely on people making them to do so in good faith and be honest. Most people know absolutely nothing about their PCs.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Little Invader Zim Frog Man

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
On PC dont try to change settings in the menu with the arrow keys, you have to use WSAD lol
took me a while

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ephex posted:

On PC dont try to change settings in the menu with the arrow keys, you have to use WSAD lol
took me a while

Did they bring back the ability to set things to Low by hitting the Backspace (or was it Escape?) key after clicking on (so it's highlighted) the button that cycles through Medium/High/Ultra/Custom at the top of the individual visual settings?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Skippy McPants posted:

Performance anecdote, I'm about an hour in, and it's running okay with everything at High settings on my four-year-old computer. i5-8400 with a GTX 1070 Ti. Not a perfect 60 fps, but I'm not the kinda person bothered by a dropped frame here or there.

On relatively high settings with a rather high end processor/nVidia 3090 Ti, only really saw major slowdowns on loading the game, actual play was just as good as the original game here. Guessing launch day patch helped a bunch there for me at least. Though for some reason achievements don't seem to be popping up in Steam right now.

quote:

Game fun so far. Intro spoiler: Cal's red-shirt yellow-shirt crew are some of the most obviously dead people I've ever seen in video games.

At least they put in enough effort to make me kind of sad they got killed, part of me was hoping they might just get separated/go back to Saw Gerrara but the second the twins ran up against the Ninth Sister it was pretty obvious they were all gonna die. I'm actually kind of glad how Kal finished off the Sister though, felt very much like a Jedi should to me for him to acknowledge her real name and that she was a victim herself.

ephex posted:

took me a while

Anybody know how to adjust key bindings for dodge for keyboard? Tab is a very obnoxious key to try to hit in combat, but can't find the option in controls to adjust it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Game is looking spectacular and running fine with everything on epic settings, RTX on on in 2560x1440 with a i5-10600K, RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8G and 32GB RAM.

MadDogMike posted:

Anybody know how to adjust key bindings for dodge for keyboard? Tab is a very obnoxious key to try to hit in combat, but can't find the option in controls to adjust it.

go to controller -> edit controls

ephex fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 28, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Man I don't know how they managed to get constant tearing on the ps5 version lol. It runs poo poo compared to similar games but it's fine I guess. It looks so much better than the flat flavourless poo poo served up last time, but the combat so far is just as sloppy as last time.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

why are there 2 threads...

haldolium fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 28, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol first sync kill with this bode guy we flew 20ft into the air flailing around. Going great so far.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

FYI review copies came with a note that HDR was busted on PS5 but promised that it'd be fixed by launch:

https://twitter.com/tokyopunker/status/1651852156062818305?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I guess maybe we should post in this thread, since it has the name of the current game?

Star Wars Jedi Survivor: Uncompressed audio in over 6 million forms of communication