Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

astr0man posted:

I played through the first hour and a half or so of the game (PC version) and it seems pretty good and fun so far, but I'm getting ridiculously awful hitching whenever the game has to load a new area or cutscene.
I also had stuttering, but I'm on a Ryzen 3600 and GTX 1060. Halfway through the tutorial planet, I tried a few things at once so I'm not sure exactly which (mostly) fixed it: set the Window Mode to Fullscreen instead of Windowed Fullscreen, enabled VSync, and disabled the Origin in-game overlay. I just tried turning the overlay back on and it still seems to have stopped hitching on the third planet I'm currently on, so changing the window mode to Fullscreen or turning on the game's VSync might help.

e: Also, I have no idea if the 441.20 "Game Ready" Nvidia driver improves things or not, as I'm currently still on 441.12 but it seems to be working fine. If you haven't installed the newest driver, you could try that too and see if it helps.

Oh yeah, I also forgot that I changed the "power management mode" for the game in the Nvidia control panel to "Prefer Maximum Performance." I'm not sure if that actually makes any difference, though.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

dudeness posted:

I can't wait to get a Scomp link so I can open these Scomp link doors. I went to Zeffo as the first planet, was I suppose to go to the other one for the Scomp link? Or am i just supposed to be Scomplinkless???

Kibayasu posted:

Unless I missed something there isn't anything Scomp-opening-related on the other planet either and in fact there is a hard-stop on progression entirely after a bit until you get a new ability (which you might get on Zeffo but I haven't finished that part yet) so you can't do much there if you go first.
You haven't checked Zeffo hard enough. Do it harder.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

McCloud posted:

Oh, is there a way to have multiple saves, to guard oneself against gamebreaking bugs like the b1 thing?
If you're on PC, you could maybe try manually backing up your save file after each major event or something? Otherwise, it doesn't really seem to do multiple saves. If you wanted to go through that trouble, according to PCGamingWiki the save location is "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Respawn\JediFallenOrder\".

edit: I lie. I just checked the folder and there's the main save and a "backup" save for each game you start, from the looks of it. If you hit a bug, maybe you could try going into that folder and renaming the backup to be the main file or something. Unless they're the exact same thing and one just replaces the other if it gets corrupted, I have no idea.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 16, 2019

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Jolo posted:

If any of you that are having issues figure your stuttering issues out please reply in the thread or pm me. I've tried so many things at this point that I'm just gonna hold out on a patch at this point.

Grog posted:

I also had stuttering, but I'm on a Ryzen 3600 and GTX 1060. Halfway through the tutorial planet, I tried a few things at once so I'm not sure exactly which (mostly) fixed it: set the Window Mode to Fullscreen instead of Windowed Fullscreen, enabled VSync, and disabled the Origin in-game overlay. I just tried turning the overlay back on and it still seems to have stopped hitching on the third planet I'm currently on, so changing the window mode to Fullscreen or turning on the game's VSync might help.

e: Also, I have no idea if the 441.20 "Game Ready" Nvidia driver improves things or not, as I'm currently still on 441.12 but it seems to be working fine. If you haven't installed the newest driver, you could try that too and see if it helps.

Oh yeah, I also forgot that I changed the "power management mode" for the game in the Nvidia control panel to "Prefer Maximum Performance." I'm not sure if that actually makes any difference, though.
You can try that stuff. It stopped my game from stuttering constantly near the start to barely ever stuttering, except a brief one at certain spots when the game loads the next area.

Although now I've run into the same issue somebody mentioned a couple of pages ago, where the game thinks it's not fully downloaded and won't let me travel between planets. Time to try to fix that, I guess.

e: Actually, mine seems to have fixed itself after doing the basic "check for updates and verify files" thing. If the person who couldn't get theirs fixed still hasn't, sorry. Hopefully they'll fix these issues in an upcoming patch.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 16, 2019

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Jolo posted:

Thanks for these. I've tried these now too and still no dice. I tried to reset everything to default but it's now running worse than before. I must've missed some setting somewhere. Blah.
A couple of other things to try that I've seen help elsewhere: try updating/repairing the game (if you haven't already), and try disabling Origin's cloud saves.

Apparently several people noticed better performance overall when the cloud saves were disabled. I don't know why, but I'm going to try it anyway and see if it makes any difference for me. Other than a couple of more open areas on Zeffo, the game has mostly been running around 60 fps just fine so far, though.

e: Oh yeah, and you could also try turning off "Share Usage Data" inside the game itself. That apparently also improved performance for some people.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 17, 2019

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

^^ They generally seem to have all of their own recent games on Origin Access Premier, plus some extras.

e: Oh, PCGamingWiki also has a list of everything on both tiers currently, from the looks of it: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Origin_Access_games. So, I don't think they've swapped out any of their own published games, at the very least.

Boz0r posted:

Do you PC guys have your dodge rebound? Double tapping Z is really awkward.
I haven't even touched my mouse and keyboard. If the controls feel awkward, maybe you should try a controller since it seems much better suited for it.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 17, 2019

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Personally rocking the Shyyyo poncho, Bestine skin on BD, and Zodiac Drifter on the Mantis. And cyan lightsaber colour. Oh yeah.

Finished the game a couple of days ago. I really like this game and hope Respawn get to do more, if they want. I also ended up spending the time to get every collectible, which is something I basically never do for games with them. It's too bad the only outfits Cal gets are different styles of poncho and five colour schemes of flight suit or whatever underneath. Playing this and gradually getting into the combat also had the side benefit of getting me interested in finally trying Sekiro (I know they're not the same). I still want to see how unforgiving Jedi Grandmaster is to play.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

PC's my only option because I still don't have one of the current consoles, and probably through the EA app/Origin since just having Game Pass and by extension EA Play apparently gives 10% off buying games and I'm basically a sucker for any Star Wars game (except the LEGO ones which I've kind of bounced off of lately). It's a bit of a belated birthday gift to myself since Survivor was originally going to be out the weekend of my birthday.

My PC's in a much better state than when Fallen Order came out, and I like the option of trying out some of the cool or funny/dumb mods people make. Hopefully Survivor actually releases in a good state, because I'm someone who ran into a couple of technical issues when the original came out.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, it's a planet you come back to as you unlock abilities in order to access new areas and new shinies.

Considering how many people talk about hating backtracking in this game, I think I must be one of the outliers when it comes to the collectible stuff, because I enjoyed going through and finding everything even without a fast travel system. I understand the desire to not have to find and fight your way back through everything, though. But, I also liked exploring planets in the original Mass Effect, so that probably says something about me, like I'm willing to put up with certain bullshit systems that other people aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Dogen posted:

It’s poo poo like having to go back through the tree that sucks, or like certain parts of zeffo. Places that are annoying to get to and/or lock you in to a very boring traversal sequence that you’ve done already.
Yep. Like I said, I get it. I just enjoyed the game enough to not find running around tedious. But if you have to do the tree slide more than once in the same playthrough then that would probably suck.