Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Completely hypeless

When do review embargos for this lift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Yeah I'll likely do the premier thing for this, or just rent it on Redbox and do console, depending on how long it actually is.

I have a tiny sliver of hope that this is going to be a sleeper GOTY contestant, with the gameplay of Sekiro but lightsabers. If it is I'll buy it (at some point, mb not immediately)

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Mk so two questions about this hurr game which I'm trying not to spoil myself about:

1. Pre-order gets you a golden saber... but can you get a golden saber anyway in the game? Or is pre-order the only golden crystal path? Gold is my fav saber color since I was a kiddo so, you know, important

2. Recommended specs have a 1070.... is this going to be the game that won't run with my 970 and old af processor? Should I go PS4 (not pro) instead?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

So im bad with timezones, if i am "in new zealand" when does this game unlock EST?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Hmm for whatever reason it's not letting me launch this while "visiting" New Zealand - I'm using Tunnel Bear and Steam, anyone else got it to work for them?

Actually kind of a good thing, now I'll make it to work on time, but I did want to jump in and fiddle with graphics settings to see how it looks on my busted old 970

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

JBP posted:

Wow this is not very good...

Say more!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Have you had sex with the droid yet?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

How VPN PC steam play now US? thank you

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

So has anyone successfully VPN'd their way into this that bought it on Steam? Trying to decide if I leave work early today or bottle up my excite for tomorrow, tia

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

You can't use a VPN to unlock the steam release - it's on a global timer not a timed release like on origin.

Boooo hisssss

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

So (leaked trophy spoilers) since theres some achievement for defeating an enemy with "all lightsaber styles" and the icon is two crossed sabers, some are speculating that you'll get to dual wield sabers at some point - anyone far enough in the game to confirm/deny? That'd be neat if so

e: Also anyone running this on PC with lower-than-recommended specs? How does it run?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

What does space do? Can't you remap keys?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

You moron, you clown, you complete buffoon

Further,

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Can I get a few more impressions of this game from people who have not played the game?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

wow, turns out they listened to the fans, just watched a Sniper Elite style slowmo of an Ewoks dick getting sliced off

:black101:goty:black101:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

woof get that droid

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

How far in until you can gently caress the droid?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

sleepness posted:

Just did the tutorial level and it feels quite solid. Runs amazingly well and it feels really cinematic. I can see this being one of the better Star Wars games if they keep it up.

Are you on PC? Care to share your specz if so?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Ah good bc my CPU is a hamster with a tamberine

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Pretty sure you can download it on US soil and then fly to NZ to launch (close Origin > fly to NZ > open Origin)

Not positive tho I'm an idiot that bought it on Steam

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I said come in! posted:

VPN trick works on Steam too.

Didn't this morning when Origin peepz were unlocking, and multiple reports on Reddit and elsewhere say Steam is region-locked and can't be VPN'd thru

Have you unlocked it on Steam with a VPN?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

These streamers are playing the game so loving badly that it's actually boring me as gently caress

JBP posted:

Dust in ps4

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Dogen posted:

Say that to my free kashyyk poncho’s face!

Is this the "rainforest" color? Bc if so yea that's the best one

My favorite environmental kill is the dozen times I've come into a room, seen a Jedi Hunter or whatever type of dude bragging to a stormtrooper about how badass he is, and promptly force shoving him over the edge of a cliff mid sentence

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Dogen posted:

It looks kind of the same as that but it has more detail around the shoulders, a hood, and a red symbol on the back.

Whoa what, where did you get this? Can you put the hood up?? I currently just have arrived near the top of the magic tree via a rare bird flight where do I go to get new poncho.

It's me I'm the guy that really likes cosmetics in games even if there're no stat changes

e: Actually given where I am in the Kashyyk story line I'm guessing it may be in the future somewhere?

e2: Also, 16 hours deep and I only have two outfit colors - the gray/blue we start with, and a like beige/dirty white - what are the other outfit colors and where are they?

black.lion fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 18, 2019

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

At some point will I be able to sport a purple lightsaber? This is very important to me.

Yes but according to mah friend it's p late-ish in the game

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Dogen posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5U87V_TG_8A

I have a green outfit color as well, I think there are only like 5 total.

You can’t put the hood up.

Ah word, thanks for teh link, looks like i may have just passed it but I still like my rainforest poncho better (just bc of the shape) so I'm not as distraught as I expected

Still mad I'm missing outfit colors tho grrrrrrrrr

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

counterpoint his character in shameless is gay

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Instead of all this other ish can we instead be outraged that (late game spoilers) dual wield is an animation for a single attack instead of being a third style?!

I don't know who made that decision but it had best be rectified in the sequel or I'm going to... consider possibly not buying it at release

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

You can dodge with a direction and not roll tho, stop spamming the button

I finished the game having never used dodge without a direction, and I was using the iframes and the slow-down for perfect dodge often - the non-roll dodge is the best way to avoid damage ime

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

JBP posted:

They don't fly off though. They get stuck on the edge and fall down fully upright saying words. It's like 1998 up in this game.

Dude clean your playstation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

PC - I have an HDMI from PC to TV but pretty sure i lose a ton of FPS going to that high of a resolution so probably will mostly play on monitors