Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Nice snide little potshots you retard. You'd start crying if your hosed up Vita rhythm games ran at 24FPS and you kept botching all the notes. Suck my dick.

ive played plenty of IA/VT Colorful and my eyes are dryer than yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just taking 4 hours to make sure the game is running at peak performance only to beat 2 bosses and never play it again. Lmao you fool. You absolute PC clown.

You are such a disingenuous piece of poo poo. You take his place in the octagon.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hmm .. didnt mean to step on a landmine. my apologies .. like i said, im not from that era. with that said though .. flame wars are good so dont stop on my account

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
however. .. would like to offer a slight counter argument to the precision platforming aspect ... castlevania has never really had hard or precise platforming sections in since sotn. so then ... 30fps .. its fine, right?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
since before sotn i mean. cos sotn had none whatsoever in

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
could have sworn some of the handheld ones ran at 30 too , maybe the ds ones.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The answer is no.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
anyway its a good game so far .. i think i can recommend it now (60fps). sure beats the poo poo out of dawn of sorrow anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I.N.R.I posted:

anyway its a good game so far .. i think i can recommend it now (60fps). sure beats the poo poo out of dawn of sorrow anyway

=alright now you're just trolling. unbookmarking this shitshow.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can't take this poo poo seriously or Synthy and his band of codeine fuckbrains will concoct fakeposts that make you sound like you blast your draws full of flaming hot cheetos diarrhea every night. So gently caress off. Just a simple no. I'm done with you low frame rate dickheads.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dawn of Sorrow is a low tier CV

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

=alright now you're just trolling. unbookmarking this shitshow.

Im just messing around. but its true i dont see the big deal

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Dawn of Sorrow is a low tier CV

absolute bottom tier for me. of the metroid style ones anyway . dont have much experience with the older ones

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Can't take this poo poo seriously or Synthy and his band of codeine fuckbrains will concoct fakeposts that make you sound like you blast your draws full of flaming hot cheetos diarrhea every night. So gently caress off. Just a simple no. I'm done with you low frame rate dickheads.

i blast tapatio brand dorito powere d shits

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

i would never fake post.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i would never fake post.

:cheers:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

im not from that era man. and even the ps1 ran at 50fps and not 60 (PAL fail)

not that i understood what was going on at the time but i had a modded ps1 so my pirated games ran at 60 fps and i hated playing tekken on like, the display consoles at stores which ran at 50, but then when i played the ntsc version downloaded from ps1piratewarez.com it was way more epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

After some further testing, I think the landing cancel strat does work, but it's not as dramatic as I remember in Aria/Sotn.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

I think it's middle of the road for me, not as good as order of ecclesia, aria of sorrow, circle of the moon and around as good as sotn and portrait of ruin but better than the rest. theres a few bosses I kind of hate

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I.N.R.I posted:

it locks u out of hard and very hard for your first playthrough though so im not expecting a challenge. that kind of pisses me off. but maybe theres a reason for that that isnt totally stupid

Like AMG said you can unlock them with passwords but I think Hard is balanced around NG+ and Nightmare is a "no-leveling-up" run which doesn't sound very fun to me, combat in this game is fine but not so good as to support such a mode

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

not that i understood what was going on at the time but i had a modded ps1 so my pirated games ran at 60 fps and i hated playing tekken on like, the display consoles at stores which ran at 50, but then when i played the ntsc version downloaded from ps1piratewarez.com it was way more epic

oh i had one too. but we used to just buy our games from back of a car some guy visited our street with once every fortnight or so .. most were pal but some were ntsc. also sometimes ud get like action replay style splash screens modded into the games that would load before the title

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I couldn't get this to work with any weapons.

Short jump and swing before you hit the ground and landing cancels your attack animation and let's you swing again. Then immediately backdash when you connect and cancel out or the backdash with a third attack. The timing differs but it works for every weapon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

oh i had one too. but we used to just buy our games from back of a car some guy visited our street with once every fortnight or so .. most were pal but some were ntsc. also sometimes ud get like action replay style splash screens modded into the games that would load before the title

if the splash screen had a sick midi jam id let that poo poo play for a few minutes before moving on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Like AMG said you can unlock them with passwords but I think Hard is balanced around NG+ and Nightmare is a "no-leveling-up" run which doesn't sound very fun to me, combat in this game is fine but not so good as to support such a mode

hard is definitely fine on NG, yes I know this is coming from me but it's not a huge jump in difficulty. just new moves for the bosses and tougher enemy layouts. the first boss on nightmare does kind of suck imo but I'm not very far past that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I think it's middle of the road for me, not as good as order of ecclesia, aria of sorrow, circle of the moon and around as good as sotn and portrait of ruin but better than the rest. theres a few bosses I kind of hate

man i know u like difficult games but sotn does not belong that far down on that list. just leave the shield rod in the bag and skip some health ups

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Honestly after OoE the list is pretty even in how much I like them until you get to the few I don't like at all (dawn of sorrow and harmony of dissonance). I put Aria a little high in my mind because it was the 1st one I played and Circle of the Moon because it actually has some decent platforming in it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Honestly after OoE the list is pretty even in how much I like them until you get to the few I don't like at all (dawn of sorrow and harmony of dissonance). I put Aria a little high in my mind because it was the 1st one I played and Circle of the Moon because it actually has some decent platforming in it

aria was great .. i didnt like the other 2 gba ones. ecclesia is like 1000x better than the other 2 ds games but i like portrait of ruin too even if it does have a room that is literally just 10 lillith enemies lined up one after another in a plain corridor. but sotn is top 10 of all time material IMO despite being cripplingly easy .. you can always make a game harder

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just did a quite epic move for treasure.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this game is loving good, unless it turns poo poo later its probably going in my high tier CV list. would rather have loot just lying around than in chests but thats some petty poo poo that doesnt really matter. and ive only just done the first boss but the music is good .. its castlevania. you get some nice melodies then some harsh strings and all that poo poo. the plot and writing is stupid though and theres no memorable lines. i dont even think the gfx are bad but i play on a 24in screen and not a massive home theater so i guess it looks worse the more u blow it up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
doing a first run hard mode btw .. ty to mr mckay for the tip. the first boss is pretty freaking hard, on hard. but im not a castlevania pro

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
still yet to see this allegedly incredible lewd and erotic pulsating foot though or a single backer portrait

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright .. after playing through the first zone of it .. im gonna put my neck on the line for real now ... buy this game if you like castlevania

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

still yet to see this allegedly incredible lewd and erotic pulsating foot though or a single backer portrait

Look at the right foot in the menu screen.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I tip my hat to you sir.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

j...jjeepers.. well, i say.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
no hang on i just looked. shes just standing there sort of slightly swaying from left to right a bit. you cant even see her tits or pussy. that is literalaly about as erotic as my plain amazonbasics microfibre pillowcase (dark blue).

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
also shes showing about as much skin as a victorian baroness. now .. im not going to say its impossible, because theres always at least one absolute savage capable of anything out there, but i think it will be hard for the average person to jack off to this

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jun 24, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope the switch version doesn't suck...only one more day till I can play

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
on ps4 sometimes when i wake the system up from sleep the game quits back out to the title screen, and twice after a death the reload time was several minutes long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I hope the switch version doesn't suck...only one more day till I can play

the v1.01 game footage thats on youtube looks fine. i still might buy the switch version, we’ll see