Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I got out of this and me and another guy looked at each other and asked what the hell did we just watch. I'm going to think about it but it probably isn't going to stick with me the way Hereditary did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm guessing the pre opening credits part is to throw the audience off their feet and create a sense of dread but I think it could start at the moment Dani got the call or maybe not show the aftermath so soon. Still digesting it but wanted to air those thoughts.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I think the biggest problem this movie is going to have is it being sold as a horror movie.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The movie was like someone read a r/relationship story and made a script from it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Honestly you're probably going to hate it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

pospysyl posted:

There was the inbred kid wearing Mark's skin. I wonder if Aster thought that was a unique horror image, because man, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was made 45 years ago. Maybe it's a reference, but then to what end?

It wasn't the inbred kid, it was the guy who got mad at Mark for peeing on the tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Thinking back to the ending Dani in the huge May queen flower dress stoically sentencing Christian to death and watching the building burn is probably one of the funniest scenes in the movie.