Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caustic
Jan 20, 2005
A24 horror guarantees I'll buy a ticket, and this one did not disappoint. I loved it. It was awesome that I had the entire theater to myself for a 10:00 a.m. July 3 showing (so not really a surprise that it was mostly empty.) Although I almost wish I could have experienced most of the audience hating it on the way out, like my experience with Hereditary.

The subtle and unsubtle choreography in the background and the general hallucinatory and equally harshly real visuals were amazingly well done. I love unsettling horror, and the idea of being whacked out on drugs while all this crazy poo poo is happening is terrifying and the film depicts that really well.

For me, this one is a solid A. Hereditary gets an A+...it's hard to top Tony Collete's amazing acting. Ari Aster can do no wrong, and I'm already eagerly awaiting whatever he does next. I'm sure it will be grief-themed and that's just fine with me.

Any ideas on what happened to Will Poulter's douchey character Mark? He was killed off screen, but I *think* it showed him half-naked in the temple when Josh was trying to photograph the holy texts. He appeared swollen like he was having an allergic reaction?

Caustic fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caustic
Jan 20, 2005

mary had a little clam posted:

They skinned him. Remember how they were playing "skin the fool"? He was the vapin' fool. Someone was wearing him like a mask in the book temple but they show his straw-stuffed skin corpse later in the yellow pyramid.

Ah, that makes sense, thank you. That's amazing. Guess I'll have to watch it again so I can more closely watch those specific scenes!

Caustic
Jan 20, 2005

air- posted:

The inbred leader wore Mark's face when he bludgeoned Josh. Mark was the skinned body (remember, skin the fool) that Christian saw hanging. I think the breathing lungs was a hallucinogenic effect from tripping balls

I thought the guy hanging up to dry with his lungs hanging out in the chicken coop was Simon. I had trouble recognizing mostly-filleted corpses I guess. Another reason to watch it again!