Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Voted Black eagles, or bleagles for short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
im on team beard

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm set on my house, but I'm still totally unsure which difficulty I'm gonna choose for my first run. Normally I'm not someone who really enjoys playing games at higher difficulty settings than the default one, but stuff like Awakening or Birthright have been so piss-easy on Normal that I basically had to choose Hard. On the other hand, Echoes was almost too tough on Hard, bordering on frustrating at times. I really hope they find a good balance this time, and that we get some decent impressions about the difficulty before launch (not holding my breath on that one, given the utter lack of skill most game journalists have).

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Glad you chose the correct thread title

Smh at the basic bitches going black eagle

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

We know it's possible to pull students from other armies into ours, but is it possible for students to leave? I know Mercedes is originally from Black Eagleland despite being a Blue Lion, and it makes me wonder if Edelgard or someone else will have a way to bring her back to her homeland somehow.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Dunban posted:

I'm set on my house, but I'm still totally unsure which difficulty I'm gonna choose for my first run. Normally I'm not someone who really enjoys playing games at higher difficulty settings than the default one, but stuff like Awakening or Birthright have been so piss-easy on Normal that I basically had to choose Hard. On the other hand, Echoes was almost too tough on Hard, bordering on frustrating at times. I really hope they find a good balance this time, and that we get some decent impressions about the difficulty before launch (not holding my breath on that one, given the utter lack of skill most game journalists have).

lately they've been letting you go down in difficulty after the start, so just slap on hard if you're worried.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Minus Green posted:

We know it's possible to pull students from other armies into ours, but is it possible for students to leave? I know Mercedes is originally from Black Eagleland despite being a Blue Lion, and it makes me wonder if Edelgard or someone else will have a way to bring her back to her homeland somehow.
I doubt they'll have students leave your party anything more then temporarily, considering how involved leveling them is.

Dunban posted:

I doubt Hard in this game will be as rough as Echoes, considering a lot of Echoes' difficulty came from its janky NESness. And you could always play on hard/casual and just reset if people die unless they die very close to the end of the map.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i hope edelgard is in smash

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Raserys posted:

An axe fighter??? In smash?? Now thats funny

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Regy Rusty posted:

Geitz would be in smash in a just world

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

You’re getting Byleth and you’re going to like it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is the poll color-coordinated on purpose or is it just a weird coincidink?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Simon Belmont is a joke to you now?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Gamerofthegame posted:

lately they've been letting you go down in difficulty after the start, so just slap on hard if you're worried.

Yeah, that's true. Also, having a variant of Mila's Turnwheel in this game is gonna help too (I definitely would've given up on Echoes on Hard without it).

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I mean I just face planted through echoes hard on casual mode so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's almost definitely going to be Edelgard if anyone, they're pushing her super hard in all the trailers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Have they gone into what, if any, mechanical customization we can give Byleth? Do we get the high/low growth system from Fateswakening?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Have they gone into what, if any, mechanical customization we can give Byleth? Do we get the high/low growth system from Fateswakening?

It seems like they can just learn from other professors like the students can learn from them, and that's the customization? They haven't said anything about growth customization.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endorph posted:

It seems like they can just learn from other professors like the students can learn from them, and that's the customization? They haven't said anything about growth customization.

Yeah I was just curious if all Byleths were going to be the same with the same strengths/weaknesses/aptitudes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Edelgard / Claude / Dimitri three-in-one with Byleth in the background cheering them on like Pokemon Trainer.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Supersonic Shine posted:

Byleth commanding the three lords ala Pokemon Trainer.

Edit: that's what I get for not refreshing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It occurred to me that we haven't seen much of Byleth's papa. I hope we get some father/daughter time and he doesn't become another Greil or Shiharam.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

It occurred to me that we haven't seen much of Byleth's papa. I hope we get some father/daughter time and he doesn't become another Greil or Shiharam.
Jeralt's profile mentions that he uses Byleth becoming a teacher as an 'in' to join the knights, so it seems like he might not die? It'd be weird to have him go join the knights then die instead of just dying as a mercenary.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

is the poll color-coordinated on purpose or is it just a weird coincidink?
Oh dratOf course it was on purpose, I'm really good at Something Awful threadmaking.

marshmallow creep posted:

Jeralt is so incredibly Greil 2.0 it's amazing, I can't wait for him to die

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some post timeskip designs' in game models. Spoilers, natch.

Looks like Bernadetta, Ashe, Lorenz, Hilda, Caspar, Felix, Lysithea?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

I'm honestly thinking he won't die until at least the end of part 1, instead of like, five maps in.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

Some post timeskip designs' in game models. Spoilers, natch.

Looking forward to seeing the portraits. They might be trying to keep them under wraps though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The most insane twist will be when Byleth dies and we take over as Jeralt instead

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Terper posted:

Yeah, when Byleth is forced to kill him when he chooses church over family

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i refuse to call geralt

jeralt

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Very happy about the huge resurgence in Golden Deer votes, it was not looking good initially.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Terper posted:

The most insane twist will be when Byleth dies and we take over as Jeralt instead

i was still hoping the twist would be we turn evil and then the house leader is the new lord

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

He’s pretty memorable for being a side character’s dad, especially since Jill can defect (one of the cooler mechanics in the series that no one in their right minds would do)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think we’ve seen Jeralt as an option to eat with and to train students. Leonie’s short description in the Famitsu article also mentions she sees herself as his greatest pupil so he’ll probably be around for the School arc at least.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jeralt being like FE6 Karel or Athos would also own

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Carlosologist posted:

Jeralt being like FE6 Karel orand Athos would also own

With how this game lets you be more free with weapon ranks and eschew traditional limits, let him do it all.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm still down for the Deers. They seem like the perfect first playthrough for me.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I've reached maximum hype for this game after E3, the Treehouse stream, and reviewing the leaks. It's going to be an agonizing 5 weeks.

I've also decided to choose Golden Deer, particularly after a bit of Claude's background/story was leaked. It seemed like something that would interest me.

Also, quoting from the previous thread:

Endorph posted:

They were probably developed side-by-side, but I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-timeskip designs were intentionally made a bit 'plain' in order to give a base for growth and development from them. Plus the uniforms in themselves kinda limit designs.

Also, big spoilers related to the leak - post-timeskip lysithea does disprove that she 'dies in every route pre-timeskip.' could be that they rewrote stuff or she dies in most routes and the guy was just mistaken about her dying in the golden deer route. it did seem off to me that she'd die in the golden deer route when you could have invested heavily in her and it'd leave the deer down a character. who knows though.
Specifically the leak said that she "eventually" dies. It's quite possible it happens after the end of the game as an unavoidable story thing. My other idea was that someone from each house, that isn't the one you chose, dies during or after the time skip due to the bad guys doing some crest monster experimentation on them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How did that guy get upside down. what the...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

My only fire emblem exposure is via LPs but thinking of giving this one a go.

Unfortunately I will not be able to take the Leicester Alliance seriously as it's a epic fantasy land named after the place where my grandparents live.