Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
you can be gay in this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dunban posted:

I'm set on my house, but I'm still totally unsure which difficulty I'm gonna choose for my first run. Normally I'm not someone who really enjoys playing games at higher difficulty settings than the default one, but stuff like Awakening or Birthright have been so piss-easy on Normal that I basically had to choose Hard. On the other hand, Echoes was almost too tough on Hard, bordering on frustrating at times. I really hope they find a good balance this time, and that we get some decent impressions about the difficulty before launch (not holding my breath on that one, given the utter lack of skill most game journalists have).

lately they've been letting you go down in difficulty after the start, so just slap on hard if you're worried.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it's char

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

what on earth are those socks, B

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it'll be the church route

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Im only just catching up with game details and I've never not enjoyed a FE yet so im sure it'll be good.

But no promotions? Or weapon triangle?? Anime high-school for war???

also it's a college

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

even then it's weird the texture looks so bad

like, apples and oranges here in terms of budget and care but both odyssey and smash look amazing, why does this fire emblem look like a gamecube game

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

man i really don't like MC's sword.

it's a SPINE

(it is not a spine)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

FE taking a while makes sense, it's a fairly slow game. Plus 3haus has the additional aspect of menuing forever even out of battle.

Unfortunately though just saying "oh yea a lot of hours" doesn't mean much, but if school phase is ~15 then it's probably pushing thirty chapters a story, which is fairly lengthy. That is all complete conjecture.

One thing I am lowkey kinda EH about is that if the school phase takes that long then effectively you're playing half the game over and over until you get to the route, and you can't just make an extra save as you're using different characters. That'll kinda blow.

Detective No. 27 posted:

You can buy your own avatar for $5. Or you can buy an avatar for someone else for $10.

If you leave yours blank when you create your account, you get the Stupid Newbie avatar by default, which used to be a baby, but now it's the Trump Lover avatar.

You actually can't put in an avatar anymore, to memory.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'll be honest I remember the generally negative opinions of the graphics and models following the Fire Emblem direct from a while ago but outside of the stockings I don't remember the specifics of what they were about at all. Other than that they looked not great.

I remember the Blyeth looking up after the FE chimes played and exitting the room looked real bad like she was an emotionalless robot slide whistling along the floor

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

claude grit your teeth hilda says, sliding across the battlefield to punch him in the nads and healing him to full

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it's a sophie's choice

either the various cool co-worker teachers like shamir or catherine or etc are evil or they're good and team evil is just team cartoonishly skulls-on-their-clothes evil gang who twirl their mustaches as they stage end of the world plots.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

the antagonists of the post-timeskip stuff will be the characters from the other houses tho

like i wouldnt be surprised if the villains of the pre-timeskip stuff are just those who slither in the dark but also i imagine they'll just be the catalyst for whatever pushes the three countries into conflict with each other

theyve literally talked about how you'll be killing the other house's students post-timeskip

yea but the war is set up by the evil cult gang to rez their evil dragon god and you tragically find out in the end that all this war was unnecessary and that the crests are to blame

it's a fe game

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I remember the leak saying (weak spoilers I guess) that there'll be more recruits on each route as well, though that might've been the teachers.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

you can do their hair color at the very least, though, so even that doesn't really make sense

if you can change the color of a texture you can also do light non-rigging changing model edits too

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

h m m

I think 3haus might be dad emblem as a theme, much more then awakening and fates which was both rather family centric in obvious ways

mc (and leonie) both have are tied closely to, you know, your dad/jeralt
annette has gilbert
seteth is his little sister's guardian
marianne is seemly characterized around her abusive? father
the protag trio aren't ruling during the school half, so there's that I guess

then all the other nobles list off who they're related to in their bios, though that's more for noble lineage admittedly.

that's a lot of dad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

golden bubble posted:

All the classes have been revealed. How do you avoid being outclassed by horse/flyer emblem in an FE game? In 3H, the answer is to make almost every final promoted class into a flyer or horse. Welcome to genealogy 2: the revenge of horse emblem.

catherine, shamir and alois all show up in this so I guess the teachers/supports might be recruitable too

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tbh I wrote the screenie off because I thought flayn was like twelve but then again, manaketes...

golden bubble posted:

They've already revealed that Shamir just wants huge levels.

drat the news comes to fast for me

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Also five year timeskip

that's true

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

smart money would 100% be on sothis and rhea.

she's in your head so that makes sense, probably on the level

my friend is hoping beyond hope it's catherine tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

isn't alois kinda weird too doesn't he want to bang your dad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

they made 3haus an isekai

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dislikes posted:

Herself

marianne no

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

correct actually because there won't be a crosscounter

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

claude sounds like a dweeb

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Zyxyz posted:

Come to think of it, was it ever actually confirmed anywhere that Sothis and Rhea are the two spoilery wlw romance options mentioned by leaks/reviewers, or is that just speculation being repeated as fact?

no, and tbh I think the screenshot of the other romance options is fake at this point because otherwise a few more would've popped up to back it up, including, you know, the feminine other half...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i low key kinda hope some characters hook up in the five year skip so B can't s-rank them or something just for the outrage from the creepy fans

Endorph posted:

A game reviewer faked a support log screen for the purposes of...???

Like if it was some rando 4chan post sure but the fact that someone put their name to it makes me think its real, esp. since it lines up with some other stuff

views, I guess? who knows what lurks in the hearts of men

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

not a bot posted:

I'm not sure about the leak being correct about that Black Eagles getting two routes because of the mention of four games in one, which would imply the fourth route isn't just a choice made in one point of Black Eagles routes. I'm betting the fourth route is with the church.

it can still split within the route to completely different scenarios

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

she likes to watch

Brother Entropy posted:

after awakening i'd be perfectly fine if i never read a support revolving around food ever again

typical black eagle, the only one without a major foodie in it

scum

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

if there was anything i was worried about with the school phase it was how long i was gonna be playing it for and how long i was gonna get saddled with decision paralysis for during said phase

apparently the choice is right at the start

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Minus Green posted:

See, one of the numerous problems Fates had was that it totally glossed over worldbuilding for countries not named "Hoshido", "Nohr", or "Valla". They didn't even give a name to the continent it takes place on...

That said, there's those three, plus the island the Rainbow Sage lives on, and I think the place Izana came from was its own country also?

pretty much every character not directly within the nohrian and hoshido stable represents an individual country that "exists," usually for a single chapter

i think scarlet's gets two

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah, actually;

Araxxor posted:

Well this turned my verdict from "wait and see" to "stay the gently caress away!"

In broadstrokes for a game that came out in the west, at least, three years ago that you probably played then, Fates didn't have a bad plot and it was comparatively fairly simple and straight forward, particularly if you compare it to Awakening in the same broadstroke. You have the Evil Empire is invading, the Emperor is possessed by demons go prove it and an evil background conspiracy is scheming to make countries fight. All three of these are probably[/b] the B-plot of a Final Fantasy game at the very least, the actual issue is the execution of it, not necessarily the plot itself.

Awakening, on the flip, [i]is
a bit weird as far as typical plots go; in the future the apocalypse happens so your kids come back in time to prevent the evil death cult from reaching it's goals and zombies keep showing up also the second act with Walhart rather indirectly follows this plot, go go. The comparison makes sense.

Ytlaya posted:

From my experience with Awakening/Fates, I'm finally gonna wise up this time and do Hard difficulty but without "units die permanently" on. Previously I did Normal difficulty with units dying permanently, and it totally sucked because my victory in stages was never in question, but I'd constantly have to restart them due to getting unlucky and having a unit get crit or something.

This has the same Mila's Turnwheel from Echoes, if you're familiar, so you can go back in tiiiiime a limited amount instead of outright resetting.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

theshim posted:

All but Hilda are what I expected. That has interesting story ramifications - the other two are thoroughly devoted to their leaders, whereas Hilda is the spoiled, lazy girl of the bunch - a very different person to be the one you can't sway away, and who presumably will have some more story presence. Could be cool!

She's also Claude's direct retainer, so.

Jawdins posted:

Oh man, FEH's young Dimitri quote "No matter the reason, it is evil to kill"

What happens to this dude?!?

he becomes evil

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I bet it's cuz she's cool.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

heck in this case he bragged about it back in E3 and no one picked up on it evidently, so his shittiness is really lowkey in the public eye

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Most of the voice crew is also the one that did FEH, I believe, so it's also just keeping what they already have.

But without tinny phone audio, I guess.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the internet has made all user names suck

especially when gamers keep rising up but are lovely human beings, ugh

ROFL Octopus posted:

Personally it’s heartwarming to see a fellow short person in a position of power

actually most of the female cast seems to be on the short side

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

General support spoiler, particularly for the endings;

yeah there's shipping. I guess A-ranks in general will lead to a romantic ending? unsure, the person mentioning it to me didn't look that hard. there's platonic ending pairings too.

also apparently all cutscenes have been dumped so uhhh yea youtube enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Coucho Marx posted:

And massive non-spoiler if you don't want to look:

everyone looks loving amazing

all braids must go apparently