Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Annath posted:

Questions:

Does finding lost items require a unit to tell you they've lost something? Or what? Dorothea told me she lost a shirt, and Caspar made some quip about how this cloth he found made a great sweat rag, but I didn't acquire any item to return. Was that just coincidence?

How do Byleth's skills increase? If you can apparently recruit everyone, I intend to try, but I have no idea how Byleth gets better other than changing between classes which I can't do yet (I just finished the Ch. 1 or 2 Mock Battle thing)

You'll get a quest from Jeralt to find something for him, then that unlocks the Lost Item option when talking to everyone in the monastery. They are just found from those glowing blue lights scattered around, it's not a person-to-person thing. I never saw any resolution that those particular lines that did seem like they were leading to some item recovery or something, who knows.

You can get tutoring from other professors/knights at the monastery in their area of expertise during Exploration soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I had a tea party for Felix on his birthday, since I figured it would be pretty absurd. I like that this two "points of interest" lines when observing him are:

"Stop staring at me."

"Don't make eye contact either."

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Zore posted:

(since they're probably your worst unit)

About that... I made Dorothea my Dancer since it seemed to thematic, but she is also an incredibly kickass mage and is the first in my team to have the requirements for a Master class... I kinda hoped that the class mastery ability would be a Dance that you could take and assign while on other classes, but nope. I may just give up on the dancing for a couple missions at least, I wanna see what a Gremory can do and I don't have any other female spellcasters in my main roster.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Eimi posted:

2. Is there any way to make Caspar useful? Hes just a warrior atm but he does no damage, gets hit twice by the enemy every time and just seems like a liability. I've tried both fists and axes and poor dude cannot do anything. Like my melee in general seems anemic aside from Byleth and Edelgard but at least I'd describe Petra, Ferdinand, and Sylvain as equal to the enemy not worse.

This is such a foreign experience to mine, wow. Caspar is my ultimate punchyman who can tank anything with his amazing dodge and then 1-hit (well, 4-hit I guess) bare-handed. I've gone entire maps without him using anything other than his bare fists, just murdering everything he touches.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Zore posted:

They actually die post time skip. Its just during the school phase they retreat.

Then if you get them 'killed' before the skip, do they just disappear during the gap and aren't there afterwards?

Zore posted:

The good thing about Claude is that

Spoilers for all routes

I think he's the only lord you can let live on every route. Edelgard or Dimitri always die but Claude can always make it out alive

Not in the siding with Edelgard BE route, I certainly wasn't given an option

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
They are just a quest item sparkling on the ground somewhere. If you look at the map you should see a gold glow where they are

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Andrast posted:

War master is straight up better at fists than Grappler though because of the massive Crit +20 War Master gets (which isn't the case for Swordmaster and Mortal Savant where Mortal savant actually loses crit+10 from Swordmaster)

Fond memories of War Master Caspar in my first playthrough with a 65% crit chance. With 4 chances to proc every attack, he was doing a LOT of work by the late game.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

morestuff posted:

Is there any downside to just retreating and re-running levels until I’ve maxed out all my current classes?

You will overlevel and (even further) trivialize the game's difficulty, rendering all further missions less engaging for the rest of the game. Other than that, no.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I thought you lose all exp you gain if you retreat from a map? Or at least that’s what I read last time I had to do it

I believe it's a hard/normal mode difference

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

JBP posted:

When should I make a seperate save as eagles so I can return to it later and not play hours of the game prior to The Choice (whatever it may be all I know is that it's got like two campaigns?)

There's a post-battle save opportunity like normal and then in the cutscene after that is when the choice happens, like 30 seconds after you just saved. So just keep that save around and start using a different slot.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Do the renown rewards giving +5/10% Experience apply to leveling experience or skill/training experience? Or both? I have all the statues up to right before the 10% tier and have been holding off on getting it since I don't want to overlevel the game's power curve further than I already am somehow despite doing minimal extra battles.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Rascyc posted:

Are you able to stack death blow and armored blow together?

Yep, they're both just abilites

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Realizing in retrospect the best thing about BE Edelgard route is that there wasn't a single fog-of-war battle past the tutorial. Just did two drat GD paralogues in a row with it and it's so annoying. Especially since I unequipped all the torches I had just equipped right after the first one...

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Obviously the sauna is going to be coming in one of the updates, it even has a little name card come up when you go near it.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
My most lacking material was Wootz Steel, and it only sells for like 900g so people aren't incentivized to put it on travelers

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Cuntellectual posted:

I've never really used her, what's wrong with Catherine?

She has completely delegated her morals to the whim of Rhea so she doesn't have to think about anything. She literally says she's fine with killing children if asked to. She's worse than actively evil, she's totally apathetic about anything other than "does Rhea want this"

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
What in the name of god are these outfits

https://twitter.com/mintkellys/status/1171603498426937345

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Is there any less romantic of a "paired" ending than Seteth/Hilda? She just occasionally visits the monastery to illustrate a children's book with him and no further interaction is mentioned. Weird when in the Bernadetta pairing, she does the illustrations AND marries him for some reason.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Harrow posted:

https://youtu.be/U89UU4XE-bA

He's not a streamer I really follow but I was curious about this map in particular and I think he's really screwed himself on it

Why does he one-turn the two battles before the timeskip? In Maddening wouldn't you want to clear every enemy out in consideration of the nerfed EXP gain and limited grinding possibility?

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Leonie makes a great Peg/Falcoknight, Ignatz is the bow knight of the house imo

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Famitsu published character popularity polls in the newest issue:

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1184511506408329216

Couple of notably weird results, IMO. Why are Petra and Dorothea so low? Why is Lorenz so high??

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

indigi posted:

for sure but like I said then just move Brigid’s independence condition to after the campaign rather than a secret coronation, then she has an in-universe reason to see it through personally

Isn't that what the situation is? I thought that regardless of Petra getting officially crowned, Brigid is still a client state of the Empire, with just a personal Petra-Edel agreement in place that it WILL become independent after the ongoing war is won. I didn't get the impression that it was a done deal at all, and that it in fact gave Petra a great reason to be active on the front lines since the quicker the Empire wins, the quicker Brigid is out from under its thumb. (Until she thinks the Empire is losing on the other routes, then it makes sense to switch sides and help ensure sure the Empire loses as quickly as possible to accomplish the same goal by enforcing it on the defeated Empire)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

ApplesandOranges posted:

I recruit Ferdinand every run but I don't think I've ever had an amazing Ferdie, he's mostly just been 'oh yeah, you're on a horse, great'.

Dancer Ferdinand is one of the best dodge tanks in the game with his personal skill + Sword Avoid. But it's not super in line with his character so it's not recommended for a first run anyways.