Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Very hyped for this game, can't believe there's like a month left for it.

Also lets try to not talk about some of the leaks here overall since many people are trying to avoid it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Terper posted:

Hubert's great, I've always wondered why all these kings and emperors in fiction keep an evil chancellor at their side and now it makes sense, he's a treat.

I've warmed up to the character of Hubert once I realized everyone loving looks at him and thinks he's evil, he loving intimidates so many people and his supports in general are great

He's played straight as the cunning scheming chancellor and he's lovely

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Just have your dancer murder people

Thats what I do with Felix

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Same but with Dorothea, she's good at being a dancer but she's even better at being a killing machine so I ended up not using dancer.

Clearly I need to make a trash unit the dancer so they won't be needed to do anything else.

That would mean I would need to make caspar the dancer and i would rather not

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

God dammit. I was trying to steal the dark seal from the death knight, and I had it all planned out; I would steal and immediately afterwards kill the boss so he could never fight back (and one-shot someone). But while trying to weaken the boss before attempting the steal and final kill my guy crit him and killed him :(.

Ah you too?

Bernie did that for me

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

JBP posted:

I'm not looking forward to doing black eagles. I love the deer and lions and I didn't kill any golden deer this run. gently caress Edelgard! (I'm sure I'll learn to love her plan and I think Hubert is going to be a lot of fun)

Oh you'll love Hubert. Dude's loving great

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm really not looking forward to this train of discussion about Edelgard for the next few years until the next FE game

Also yeah you need a decent rank in swords (B) i think and a moderate amount of speed. Building support with him does lower the requirement too

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah Hubert nukes everyone in one go for me as well

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Taear posted:

While I do agree things like this should be a bit more "out there" there's loving LOADS of important stuff hidden in support conversations, it's just how the game is.

Edelgard Hanneman A support is a prime example of this honestly since it goes into Hanneman's background a lot

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Taear posted:

Alois and Byleth's B support for me is a REALLY important one, the info there really should have been elsewhere too.

Having forgotten to recruit him in my BE run I was really taken aback at that information only being in that one

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Andrast posted:

The coolest dialogue pieces are the ones that you get when you make ex-housemates murder each other

like by a lot

Its really incredible how much effort went into those

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Zore posted:

My first impression of Cyril was on the Bleagles Edelgard route where he is literally the most dangerous enemy in the game in the final level.

Dude was able to 1 round literally all of my units and was a Wyvern so getting in range was a huge pain in the rear end and required a lot of warp micro due to all the lovely terrain on the final map.

loving Catherine was less lethal and easier to handle.

Thankfully Petra being the dodge tank she is managed to lure him out to my squad where he got murdered to by everyone

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hanneman talks a little bit about his views on Edelgard's ideals and his reasons for joining her in her war, in his supports with her, if you haven't seen those.

e: Honestly it's a little disappointing that he's one of the only characters, that I had recruited at least, that actually engaged with the topic. The only others really being Lysithea, and at a stretch, Lindhardt.

Shamir does in her support with Hubert that talks about her joining your forces and gives insight of what she tends to do in the side

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

rannum posted:

Stride, gambits and also it's okay to let at least one person die. I think there's 6 of them? You get the reward for "at least half" of them living, so there's a bit of leeway.

Which is good because the assholes will throw themselves at the remainder of the demonic beasts so I lost one at the last possible second with nothing I could do :argh:

I even sacrificed the chest at the bottom to save everyone and turns out I had some leeway which was lame but honestly I'm still proud I managed to do that

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ah that's not too bad. I would have been upset if it was some stat boost item

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ferdinard is just a really swell guy in general

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

It also lets her force TWS's hand somewhat without declaring open war. They have to act, but they can't seriously act against her, giving her a chance to see their limits.

her reaction when you are like yeah I just really wanted to kill her to Lord Arundel is great cause while she's like haha they are joking, she approves as you get support pts

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm doing a second playthrough and I'm still talking to everyone cause some have different dialogue cause you are in a different house

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Taear posted:

It's weird we never see Lorenz's dad, or Caspar's dad.
They're mentioned so much.

Hell Caspar's dad really should have made appearances in couple of the routes honestly

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The thing is Hubert while he's hyper focused on Edelgard, he does care about people in the house in his own way. He looks after them and his supports with them showcases it.

Also fucker revels in his evil reputation at times and it owns. I just wish the adjutants in general had inter house supports cause his supports in general are really fascinating and I would like an outside house perspective

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I ended up pairing off Hubert to Shamir and it kinda owned so I'm happy about it. They bounce of each other really well with the whole murder the gently caress out of assassins thing. But yeah his Bernie support is great as well

But yeah you see him talk about the life he might have in his first Edel support and its great

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DC is a shithole in many ways and hates for the sake of hating anyways.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

90% of my Divine Pulses were ensuring Ashe got a Deadeye crit on a crucial enemy. You have such an outrageous number of charges; smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.

For me its checking if certain units have unique dialogue for killing their friends and checking them all out

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

The best way I can think of to do Fog of War in Gronder Field would've been something like "Edelgard uses one of the dark mages to do the Fog tactic used during the Lonato chapter" (ie: kill a hidden enemy, it goes away), followed by "you can still see where people are based on the silhouettes, but you can't see who they are unless you end your turn close enough."

That's exactly what I thought of. If you needed the narrative to have people kill each other have them just be outlines that are hostile and then when the fog clears have the dead still be there

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

rannum posted:

Manuella really should just be siding with the church considering she is a devout believer

I assume she has dialog with Dorothea & Hanneman

Her support with Edel is interesting cause she goes into detail about it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Fliers were the only thing in this game that made me constantly on my feet. They were so stupidly strong but it was fun playing around them

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Do you have to do something special to get the option to be that much of a jerk? They just ran off right away for me.

Murder them with your students instead of yourself

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Sax Solo posted:

I got a BAD instruction outcome one time, and now it feels like a dream, I almost don't believe it happened.

I had it happen on Hubert and of course the bastard gains support if you admonish him

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was gonna post this. I picked console and it didn’t work lol he only likes being punished

man is the harshest on himself, pity is for the weak

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Thuryl posted:

Ferdinand's initially pretty unenthusiastic about Edelgard's whole vision for rebuilding society, but he comes up with pretty good ideas on how to make it happen once he gets talked around to it. There's a point on her route where Ferdinand can have a conversation with her that basically goes "okay, if you're really set on this whole 'abolishing the nobility' thing, there are still a bunch of important things the nobility does right now that nobody else really gets taught how to do, so how about we invent the concept of universal education"

Which is why Ferdie loving owns

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Well I'm glad you seem to know what dress code sister wives follow

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lord give me the next fire emblem game so that we can get out of the edelgard discussions

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Brigand is useful to master since Death Blow gives a free six points added to your attack. combine that with Bernie's personal ability and suddenly you've got a killing machine on your hands (at least on player phase)

Make everyone into a brigand imo

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Probably gonna make Marianne and Lys a swordmaster my next run I think

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I will not for the slandering of Hubert

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Did couple of the C supports, 80% Makes sense.

Also agreed how a lot of the BL fighting each other dialogue is kinda heartbreaking.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Which is false, a lot of the B supports go into it or at least hint at it and hell there's even a mission that spells it out.

But whatever you'll figure it out in the BL route I guess

Also yes the Mercedes/Annette conversation is heartbreaking

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

Catherine IMO is the only character who gets less likable with some of her supports.

God seriously. Her and Cyril are my least favorite but at least Cyril has some moments of okayness.

Catherine on the other hand is like eesh

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

I have a soft spot for Cyril because in the final mission of BE:E his AI went weird and he just stood around and helpfully did not kill my rear end with his 41 speed and brave axe

Lucky. He was a massive pain in the rear end for me. Had to get petra to dodge tank him since everyone else melted

Eimi posted:

It really makes the pure hate Shamir has for her in the BE:E run justified.

Was it really hatred? Felt more of a business like of "well it was gonna come down to this due to our differences"

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

it's easy to forget she's a church executioner until she starts talking at length

at least shamir is upfront about it(and is actually kinda nice to the students)

Shamir is great honestly. You get interesting characterization with her support with Hubert too since both are the cloak and daggers type