Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

Pegasi backs are also horse backs, technically!!

And wyverns are just horses with scales.

Anyway, I am very excited to teach these teens in an important period of their life and see them grow into well-adjusted and responsible adults!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think we’ve seen Jeralt as an option to eat with and to train students. Leonie’s short description in the Famitsu article also mentions she sees herself as his greatest pupil so he’ll probably be around for the School arc at least.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Have they said anything about the teachers being playable units or having supports?

...I just want to smooch Catherine

You can get support points with the teachers by eating with them like any of the students they but nothing's really been said about what those go towards. You've got to imagine you'll have more than 8 characters each game though so I think at least some of them will be pre-premotes later on.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think they look pretty solid.

From about the beginning it felt to me that art design wise Three Houses was going for like a more subdued look than the last couple of games. (Maybe that's the wrong word for it but I dunno that's kinda how its seemed.)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

rannum posted:

NoA is starting to put up House profile videos, narrated by the house leaders. So we get a better listen to Edlegard's current voicework, and a few snippets of a few other students
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgka2FOjpA

also there's a FEH/F3H bonus thing, if you buy Three Houses, have your Nintendo account linked to Heroes and redeem the gold Points you'll get a 5* Byleth (M) provided you do it within a year.

Hubert seems cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I wonder if I would be able to make axe wielding pega ponies

You can, it has been confirmed.

rannum posted:

Here's a japanese overview trailer that just went up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqLpzlaiyo

Probably nothing super important or new, but we get a look at a lot more characters, systems and some new maps in action. I'm sure serenes and such will pick it apart for any extra stuff soon

Also, game looks good. It might just be that it's getting closer to release and my hype is building but the more I see of the game the more confident i get about it.

I'm really excited to play this video game!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Whip swords are cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'll be honest I remember the generally negative opinions of the graphics and models following the Fire Emblem direct from a while ago but outside of the stockings I don't remember the specifics of what they were about at all. Other than that they looked not great.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope there's an option to turn off lost spirits at least.

Also, I feel like i've seen the half the revealed teachers described as a Camus at this point.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Annath posted:

See I saw that and assumed that it'd drive her character arc of coming to grips with discovering an organization of importance to her was not what she thought it was.

Also, is anyone else skeptical about the "Battalions" feature? I'm doubtful of the Switch's ability to render groups of combatants well, and also FE characters fighting in 1v1/2v2 etc rather than being "representations" of say "a squad of lancers" or "a unit of swordsmen" really worked to set the games apart from other strategy games.

We've got a decent amount of gameplay footage now and the battalions don't really seem to affect animation quality a whole lot. They're kinda just in the background for most attacks and they only really pop in for Gambits, and those look fine I think. Not especially exciting animations or anything but like solid enough and not super complicated or whatever.

I also don't think they're really going to have a negative impact on the game's identity or anything because they don't really seem to have a whole lot of impact beyond the Gambits they proc. I mean battalions aren't even displayed on the maps, it's just the characters. And the battle animations really heavily focus on the unit in charge over the whole squad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

Worst case scenario you could just play with no internet connection?

The other things seem ok though!

But yeah, it's something with an easy fix. And a decent amount of my game time will probably be offline anyway.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

The dude who was somehow popular enough to be a throughline of the first 3 FE games. Started off as your standard 'noble enemy general', then lost his memory and got a hilariously dumb mask when he joins up in Gaiden.

Wait, Zeke doesn't have a mask does he?

E: I'd have definitely used him in Echoes if he had a mask.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 7, 2019

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Echoes happened after 11 but before 12.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

While there probably won’t be any in battle recruitments during school it’s been my hope for a while that recruiting the teachers during the War phase would be like classic Fe recruitment. I’ve got no real reason to think that’s what will happen but I hope it’s the case.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tbh I'm more then happy for them to back off the playwr character having a big role in the story, robin was okay but Corrin sucked all my excitement for the idea out the window

I mean Byleth will still probably have a big role in the story. They're a silent protagonist but from what we've seen they're gonna be at least as important to the story as Robin.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

rannum posted:

The english website is up, the most notable thing (since we've seen all this and way more through famitsu) for us is probably all the characters have a few voice lines to hear their VO https://fireemblem.nintendo.com/three-houses/characters/

except byleth, anyway.

Going through the voicelines and man, Claude seems very cool.

I'm sticking with the Lions but he makes a strong counter-argument

Edit: Hilda also seems very good.

Just about everyone comes off as pretty charming. This game will be good I think.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If it works like Echoes then I think it does affect RNG.

I remember using it to cheat crit procs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jawdins posted:

There's a spoiler up of the opening cutscene

Here's the link

I hope this means Rhea will have high proficiency with fists

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Petra's whole situation as described really makes her sound less as a foreign exchange student and more as a political hostage to keep a conquered territory well behaved. I'm very interested in how it goes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

If they have the guts to play into that after the plot moves out of high school shenanigans, the game will be far better in my eyes.

I think it's more interesting to go into it when the plot is in high school shenanigans tbh. Even if only kinda brought up through supports.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

It ain't, get disappointed and hate it from the start

I honestly don't think it's that unlikely. Probably not as something that the like main story interacts with, but something that goes into her kingdom's relationship with the empire and how this relationship has consequences doesn't seem like an impossible topic for supports.

This is the one character from a vassal state, why would it not go into this relationship?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

You know, I could really see that. Have her confront Edelgard with the harsh truth of her father’s empire to motivate her into trying to make amends when she takes the throne. It could happen only if you teach the Black Eagles, and result in Edelgard being a more kind ruler in that path, but harsher in the others. Having things like that for all three houses would make the variation more meaningful.

I don't know if I even need there to be like a big confrontation or anything or for Edelgard to learn that the empire's relationship with its people is hosed up or whatever. But just like Petra and Edelgard's relationship sounds very interesting to me because although they are both princesses Petra is in a vastly inferior position of power due to the relationship between their states and that sounds like it could be a cool dynamic.

I kinda get similar feelings with Dimitri and Dedue as well. The characters sound like they could have cool things going on.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think "he hides some darkness within" has been in every official description of Dimitri.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moreso than that, his Dislikes in the Blue Lions intro video being "Fragile Objects" comes off as way more ominous to me. I'm not even sure why, it's just strangely unnerving.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm pretty sure we've known that for a while. We've definitely seen them in combat and seen them got support points with the like free time activities and stuff.

E:

hopeandjoy posted:

It also doesn't make sense that two of mByleth's three gay options are teachers when three of dByleth's five gay options are students.

Well, that just means there are 2 gay teachers for each gender. So maybe it actually fits!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah once I saw a reviewer was the one who posted it, I resigned myself to it.

Intsys why. At least there's cute girls to gay marry. :(

I'm way more into dating the teachers tbh. So they did this for me.

E: Anyway just something i've noticed and can probably be proven wrong instantly, but is Byleth the only unit that can get S ranks? I don't think i've seen screenshots of the support lists for other characters where they have S ranks with anyone but the Avatar.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

yeah honestly those options are way more interesting to me than just marrying your male students

except intsys where are the old women for me to gay marry!!

From the big leak posted ages ago which has been mostly on the money I remember Manuela being listed as a gay option.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

that leak said linhardt was the only male option and listed hilda as a female option, which the person who gave this info out has said isnt the case. it also didnt list mercedes, while this perosn does. im going to guess the leaker was just straight up wrong about gay options.

also, obviously this person doesn't feel like teachers are too big a spoiler to give info on, so the two spoiler f/f options aren't teachers.

I swear that leak mentioned Mercedes as an option and that Linhardt was the only gay option for guys they knew about but there could be more. But maybe I am getting leaks confused.

Also, I thought the person who posted about how 2 of the gay options for Female Byleth were spoilers and the person who posted the options for Male Byleth were different people and so I just assumed the former didn't want to reveal the teachers were recruitable or something. That's my bad if those were both from the same person though, I wasn't intending to spread misinformation. Even if posting about leaks of not 100% accuracy is basically that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I should pay more attention.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baseless speculation here, but if there's a couple of spolierish gay options for the ladies the first one that comes to mind is Rhea, since she's the only named member of the faculty or church who we've yet to see as recruitable. Though I guess the safe guess is that it could be romance options for characters who haven't been revealed yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Alois is very cute but yeah Gilbert is... kind of a baffling choice from multiple angles, if true.

Having some older guys as options isn't really uncommon for dating sims I think.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm taking a look at the stats IGN posted and I was not expecting Marianne to be the Deer with the highest Sword proficiency. I kind of like it though, I can work with that.

There's some pretty non-standard decisions with the weapon proficiencies and i'm a fan.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The game will probably be easy enough that it won't matter too much except maybe on Lunatic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Punch weapons are lame

Incorrect.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fists are the most noble of weapons and have unique properties to them that I find pretty intriguing.

Also, the part in the opening when Seiros throws away her sword and punches Nemesis in the face is extremely cool. Thus proving the superiority of fists.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

sure do hope dimitri really isn't voiced by the guy who voiced :yiikes:' protagonist as some folks are predicting

I don't know who that is. As in the character, I guess I might know the VA.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Annath posted:

Interesting that Dorothea starts out with Faith as a disliked skill, but can be trained to turn it into a preferred skill.

Also, lmao at Dmitri "Royal Prince of the Holy Kingdom" acting like he's not the strong that tramples the weak.

Please with his post-timeskip get up there is a high chance he is planning to off himself once all is said and done.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh. I also hope he is not voicing Dimitri.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

mercenary and hero are male only

It’s weird because Hero is male only but I’m pretty sure Mercenary isn’t gender locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel pretty confident in thinking Claude is the best.