Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
All I want is for Lorenz to keep his amazing hairstyle post timeskip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Not sure how accurate the info is but it seems that even after the time skip you will still be stationed in the same school and will be spending your time teaching with one battle at the end of the month. Minigames will still be available during weekends and daily choir practices will continue as usual. I hope that's not fully accurate and something changes since that sounds a little weird.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah, that's why the not being sure bit at the beginning since those weren't mentioned in the new article. It might be extrapolating from the article saying the game flow being largely unchanged and weekends still being free to do whatever.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
With VA and personality description like that I imagine there will be plenty of dad jokes :allears:

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Torrannor posted:

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, both the Flame Emperor and the DK already wear masks, why would they wear a mask even out of "uniform"?

To be fair, it's entirely in character for someone who calls himself a Death Knight and wears ridiculous armour.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The new story content DLC will be a side story separate from the main story with new locations and characters accoring to the Switch store. So something along the lines of Rise of the Deliverance for Echoes I guess.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
There is an article from Japan expo about Three Houses. It's an interview with the lead developer and art director. The lead developer says that without skipping cutscenes one path takes 80 hours and in total there is 200+ hours of gameplay.

He might be taking his time playing the game but nevertheless it seems it's going to be a really long game. Since the school phase will last for one year game time, the war phase will probably be more than half of the game.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Miftan posted:

Blue Lion player, eh?

Class war with Dimitri all the way.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Dimitri sounds like a dweeb.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Endgadget had an article up but it's gone now, someone copied it before it went down. Some interesting stuff, there will be major decisions which affect the story so there will be some variety even when replaying with the same house. The game has NG+.

There is a big "flashpoint" around 10 hours in, which is most likely the timeskip as it says in article Nintendo has said talking about what happens after is a no-no. The writer rushed through the game and it took 45 hours so it's definitely longer than the DS games and majority of game will happen after timeskip. According to the article the writing is good, everyone has a personality and acts according to it.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Jawdins posted:

Sounds like the game is going to be more war than school. I guess this means you will be best off specializing your unit's training straight away because you'll get precious little time to develop them.

The school mechanics will be there even in the war phase. The lessons are just changed to military drills.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Endorph posted:

the biggest bomb shell so far:

jeralt is a paladin and not a hero

That's a whole lotta HP the house leaders and Byleth are packing there. They'll be absolute beasts in the endgame since they most likely have good growths and what extra HP they get from advancing classes.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

golden bubble posted:

All the classes have been revealed. How do you avoid being outclassed by horse/flyer emblem in an FE game? In 3H, the answer is to make almost every final promoted class into a flyer or horse. Welcome to genealogy 2: the revenge of horse emblem.

And there is still one more empty row. Probably DLC classes or something that's reserved only for the lords and not revealed yet.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Have the requirements for armored knights changed? I could swear at one point they were only axe users but in this video they do both spears and axes.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
There is definitely something we aren't being shown about the classes since the master level classes are for units with level 30+ which isn't attainable pre-timeskip. The lord class modelled by Edelgard in the video is very different from her war phase looks, so there will definitely be special classes available to only the house leaders.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

wuggles posted:

I was all in on Edelgard but I just saw post-skip Dmitri

What do I do?!

Join Dimitri in his quest to smash the elites of course.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Lord Koth posted:

"smile doesn't reach his eyes" huh? Basically, who knows what game he's playing, before OR after the timeskip.

Before timeskip since there's an embargo on post-timeskip stuff. Also that's most likely an awkward translation and what it tries to say is that while Claude's smile is striking he doesn't smile with his eyes, as in his smile is insincere.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Zore posted:

Its still super weird to me we've confirmed that men get exclusive access to Dark mages/Bishops and Mercenaries/Heroes while women only get Pegasus Knights. Especially after Fates finally got rid of gender locked classes and we saw the traditionally men only warriors were open. :(

Were any of the Master Classes gender locked? I haven't had a chance to review the video.

Falcon Knight and Gremory are female only and War Master is male only. The only class that's possibly a good idea as a gender locked one is Pegasus Knight as a way to reduce flying units at the early parts of the game. Other than that it's really silly.

I'm not really sure what's going on with the magic classes either as Dark Bishop is advanced level class that's gender locked to males and Gremory is the master level dedicated magic class and that's gender locked to females.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Spanish Eurogamer article seems to suggest that there are four routes.

quote:

Nintendo speaks of completely independent stories, new scenarios and up to four games in one 

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I'm not sure about the leak being correct about that Black Eagles getting two routes because of the mention of four games in one, which would imply the fourth route isn't just a choice made in one point of Black Eagles routes. I'm betting the fourth route is with the church.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Gamerofthegame posted:

it can still split within the route to completely different scenarios

Yeah that was my thinking as well. Since we know there are importart decisions in each route which can have a big effect on the plot, the leaker probably took one of those as a fourth route instead of a variation inside the Black Eagles route.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Zoran posted:

I think we've seen Byleth's full class chart and there was nothing unique in it

Not sure about this, there is at least one class which doesn't even show up if the requirements aren't met which is Dark Bishop. So it could well be the unique classes are the same.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Tae posted:

The base game is designed for normal, which almost every reviewer says is too easy, while factoring in casual mode and turn wind at 3 uses at the start.

The developers definition of a failsafe and what people in this thread are going to play on are probably going to be very different (Since hard mode apparently doesn't even have grinding or something).

On weekends there are a few skirmish battles to choose from, though apparently it changes from week to week and there might not be available skirmishes every weekend. Those take up "venture points" which might or might not replenish every week. On top of those, in normal mode there is one skirmish battle available every week which doesn't use up "venture points" so there isn't infinite grinding for normal either.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah that's just someone who liked Fates and also likes Three Houses. Nothing about the information we've gotten points to this game being anything like Fates.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

This is probably just special classes for the lords and Byleth + dancer, but still interesting that all classes haven't been shown.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I'm not sure why it's a bad thing that a heir to a large kingdom can scheme and present a polite front and smile even when not meaning it. That's called politics.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean keep in mind you can still equip any weapon you want regardless of class, with the only exception being that you can’t use magic outside a magic class.

So there’s no sword focused Master rank classes, but you can still use your A rank sword and mastery skills from lower tier sword classes.

There's no reason to equip a weapon which doesn't gain bonuses from your class at that point since it's objectively worse than using a weapon which gains bonuses from your class. Being able to equip any weapon regardless of class is useful when aiming to reclass, but not at master level.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Kingtheninja posted:

Have they announced what time this will hit the eshop? I'm traveling the day of release and would love to play this, but I'd have to set up the download before Friday morning.

You can preload it from eshop.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the quality of the weekend skirmishes. The worst case scenario in that is that you fight 3 trash mob battles for each actual chapter battles.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Endorph posted:

its 100% gonna be edelgard in smash, theyve pushed her super hard in all the marketing for three houses

And even the main theme is named after her.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Edelgard being a major character doesn't take anything away from the other two routes. It's just that she is a very prominent person due to being the heir to the empire and she will most likely feature a lot in the other two routes as well. There are also other prominent characters.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Amppelix posted:

Help me, I'm dying over here waiting for this game

:same:

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Gamerofthegame posted:

they have completely different story routes so probably

edit: post-skip, anyway. During the school it may or may not be the same, you pick your house at the start so.

Apparently the story starts changing even during the school phase. Also different paralogues.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Zore posted:

Also the datamine clarified that outside the Lords and Byleth the Master Classes we knew about are the only ones for most of the cast. So Horse Emblem it is I guess :sigh:

Don't train any female characters in Brawl or male characters in both Faith and Reason because none of their Master Classes support that because of the idiotic gender locks.

jesus christ

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

cheetah7071 posted:

I doubt the game will be so tightly balanced that it will require everyone to be in a master class

Most likely so at least on normal/hard, but it just doesn't mesh well with the whole build your army the way you want idea.

Also no dedicated sword using masterclass and armoured class just jumps on a horse.

Though to be fair, I imagine there will be DLC classes.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
This seems like a right time to bail from the thread since the post-embargo reviews talking about the war phase will be published tomorrow.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Nanigans posted:

Mehhhh

So how does it work with commoner characters? Do they just not have any special skills?

Byleth isn't a noble and their starting class is a commoner.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Wasn't there something about the game having 4 difficulty levels just a few days ago?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Endorph posted:

truly i cannot imagine anything more depraved then 'looking across the table'

I think classifying a professor taking a student into somewhere private and just staring them as "uncomfortable" isn't too far off the mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Endorph posted:

I mean it's just a chance to look at the character model in a bit more detail, not like you can stare directly down their cleavage. Not like anyone has cleavage to stare down. Except Raphael, I guess.

Yeah it's definitely a pointless gripe, I wanted to emphasize what happens in-game because the reason why that happened was the reviewer first doing so and then writing about it. I'm pretty sure you're not forced to stare anyone in the game.