Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

Anyone else really hate the "Key Reveal" scenes?

Like are we supposed to believe they are surprised to find a Big Brother key there, whilst being filmed by Big Brothers production team?

edit: and before anyone suggests they are being candidly filmed, you could see the boom mic in one of the scenes

It's good practice for the confessionals where they talk about a comp that's already over as if it's still happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I find it hard to believe America voted for Nick over Cliff.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This season has no strong strategist. I think the winner's going to be whoever's there at the end that the jury dislikes least.

It would be pretty strange if Tommy and Christie are the Final 2 and then only after voting for a winner the jury find out that those 2 knew each other.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
2 questions:

Would it have been better for Nicole and Cliff to split their votes, forcing Jackson to vote out Tommy and putting that blood on his hands?

Does Cliff think he could win over Jackson if they're the final 2?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Jackson's unquestionably a good competitor. He's also got a knack at just throwing poo poo at the wall and creating chaos and confusion. That's definitely an effective game skill sometimes. But like. he's an idiot and he should have been out pre-jury. He didn't win a comp or throw some lie out, Holly bailed him out. Then Jess bailed him out. Then Tommy bailed him out. Then he and Holly won back-to-back-to-back HOHs. Jackson's only even ever been vulnerable once in the last month, during the DE. And a lot of people think Nicole screwed up not taking the shot when it was available. If he wins that was probably the moment we look back on (unless they stupidly bring him forward to F3 or 2). And Nicole didn't do that because she trusted Jackson, it was because she saw Christie as more threatening (which is tough to argue).

But he will win if he reaches the end. And I'm a big believer that if you win you deserved it because you beat your competitors. Its just that the narrative is going to sell this idea that Jackson was some kind of clever scoundrel who pulled off this miraculous vote flip with a lie out of nowhere. And that didn't happen. He's the guy who exploded his game and an entire alliance's with stupidity, let Christie mist him into saving her when she was his target, and very nearly got his showmance voted out with an inflammatory lie.

With all that said, looking back to the beginning Jackson would be an appropriate winner for this season's theme of terrible people grouping into high-schoolish cliques.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

This past week has been some really lovely gameplay. Nothing has made sense. I was going to write up a huge post about it, but it's more effort than I would like to give this season.

Thursday night's RHAP recap featuring S15 winner Andy Herren was more entertaining than the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Exodor posted:

The worst part of the Final Three Recap was the desperate attempt on the part of the show to rehabilitate Jackson's image. I'm sure they've seen enough of the online surveys to realize their likely winner is hated by much of the fanbase.

The audience will be back next season; production doesn't really care who wins and neither do the viewers. This season had no heroes, and a strong villain is better than a goat winning through attrition and dumb luck.

This whole cast was bad. Began with high school type cliques based mostly on looks, and after the jury started, the remaining players allowed a showmance to get to the end.