Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

GamesAreSupernice posted:

LEGO Star Wars was better, but I have to admit this was their first attempt at a combat-heavy game with a more serious atmosphere, so that probably made it harder.

Personally, I think the LEGO games were better when they didn't have voiced cutscenes--animating body language on these characters, especially when they imitate the limited points of articulation on a real figurine, adds a comic tone to all of the scenes.

And I think going "more serious" for superhero stuff is a move in the wrong direction. These guys are larger than life (both literally and figuratively), they fight a rogues gallery full of hilariously insane villains, and their brightly-colored costumes have the underwear on the outside, for crying out loud! I believe one of the major motivations in Joker's antagonism of the Batman is that Joker thinks Batman would make the perfect straight guy in a comedy duo, but 1) Joker's sense of humor literally kills people and 2) Batman being the epitome of >( in every situation can be leveraged for all sorts of laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU