Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
The new ED was real good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Zero_Tactility posted:

My favorite thing about Thorkell's feats of strength is that it feels like folklore.

"Lemme tell you about Thorkell the Tall. Man was so strong he knocked out a horse with a single punch and sunk a boat by dropping a boulder on it!"

Real Paul Bunyan poo poo.

Edit: Paul Bunyan's a bit much. Real Pecos Bill poo poo?

i'm pretty sure this is exactly what vinland saga is going for with the absurd feats of strength by thors and thorkell, and to a lesser extent askellad (when he bisected that dude). it's viking narrative of history with everything that entails including magical dreams and insane anime supermen

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Maera Sior posted:

I'm the sort of person who prefers anime to manga as my mode of consuming a story (at least the first time around), but I'd really like to continue Vinland Saga no matter what happens. Does anyone have a sense of how long we might have to wait for an announcement of a second season?

studio wit is the kind of studio that would adapt to the bitter end but there is almost no way a second season will happen in 2020 since it hasnt been officially announced. i reckon fall 2021, and yeah im the same i'd rather watch it than read it and only read continuing manga of anime i watched when a sequel is hopeless