Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only thing that would make these films PERFECT is if they kept all the escalating, crazy action and stunts, but each film was always about them trying to steal TV/VCR combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Honest Thief posted:

lol gently caress this franchise Cena is doms brother, who is also a superman james bond, younger brother to the guy who's always been about family, they brought han back to further redeem stathams character and more cg car stunts?

John Cena is a clone of Dom.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I love this dumb franchise so much. Young & The Restless with superheroes is the best. Hopefully this will be a nice bounce back after F8 was kinda blah.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I love that absolutely megagoofy ending stunt, it's the stupidest thing, and they cut to the interior and when they should be going OH HOLY gently caress HOLY FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCK they're just sitting their stoically. It's so relentlessly devoid of anything resembling self awareness and goofy.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Honest Thief posted:

lol gently caress this franchise Cena is doms brother, who is also a superman james bond, younger brother to the guy who's always been about family, they brought han back to further redeem stathams character and more cg car stunts?

I thought on this more and it's gonna turn out to be something like Helen Mirren saved Han and in her conversation with Dom she says something like "sometimes our family err and sometimes it's our fault because we caused it but they're still family so we still try to look out for them and fix their mistakes." And this of course will provide Dom with some crucial insight and motivational change going into act 3 which may or may not lay the ground for John Cena joining the team.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
They’re gonna bring Gal Gadot back next

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

I thought on this more and it's gonna turn out to be something like Helen Mirren saved Han and in her conversation with Dom she says something like "sometimes our family err and sometimes it's our fault because we caused it but they're still family so we still try to look out for them and fix their mistakes." And this of course will provide Dom with some crucial insight and motivational change going into act 3 which may or may not lay the ground for John Cena joining the team.

dom asking his brother john cena for not seeing him grown up

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The real question is where will Cena fit in Hobbes' harem?

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 1, 2020

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Gatts posted:

They should unironically bring her back as Wonder Woman.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Introducing Dom’s brother this late in the franchise seems odd, but in reality John Cena has been in every F&F movie, we just couldn’t see him.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Democratic Pirate posted:

Introducing Dom’s brother this late in the franchise seems odd, but in reality John Cena has been in every F&F movie, we just couldn’t see him.

It'll come out that in the secret Statham murdering Han footage from before, Cena was actually standing by with a fire exstinguisher and a medical staff to pull Han out and convalesce him over the last 3 movies.

sand maggot
Jan 3, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtdL0t9KbRM

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Cena playing that role is perfect in how perfectly dumb it is.
Rocketcar and TD crew hype.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Democratic Pirate posted:

I'm mad at how hard I laughed at this.

Anyone else think the teaser had strong horror vibes when Letty gave the baby the cross necklace and said "it's to protect you... from what's coming"

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
There's nothing more important than family, that's why I had to hide my brother from everyone for 3 decades.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Senator Drinksalot posted:

There's nothing more important than family, that's why I had to hide my brother from everyone for 3 decades.

Can't you read? Not all blood is family.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I chose to ignore that because Cena is gonna be at that loving BBQ by the end of this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fast 15 barbecue gonna feature force ghosts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
We will one day get Michael Bay’s Fast 12 with Transformers. Just you wait.

Han and Hot Rod, Prime and Luda, Vin and Bumblebee, Tyrese and Wheelie. Charlize is going to shoot Megatron and kill an Autobot

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 2, 2020

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Charlize is really pulling off that ridiculous bowl cut.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Charlize is really pulling off that ridiculous bowl cut.

Seriously, that's the biggest stunt in the flick.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gatts posted:

We will one day get Michael Bay’s Fast 12 with Transformers. Just you wait.

Han and Hot Rod, Prime and Luda, Vin and Bumblebee, Tyrese and Wheelie. Charlize is going to shoot Megatron and kill an Autobot

I said it before but I'd rather see a crossover with The Muppets.

Dom: Sould l I keep a tough job, we're gonna need a little help.

Mr. Nobody: I know just the guy

Kermit: Nice to meet you Mr. Toretto, I'm Kermit, Kermit T. Frog.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Honest Thief posted:

are you just now realizing that this movie series is live action anime

iamsosmrt posted:

It'll come out that in the secret Statham murdering Han footage from before, Cena was actually standing by with a fire exstinguisher and a medical staff to pull Han out and convalesce him over the last 3 movies.

It'll turn out that all the movies really did happen chronologically and the gang only found out about all the events of Tokyo Drift four movies later and just assumed he was dead while he was off on vacation.

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 2, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only thing more powerful than family in cars, is a family car. Torettos, COMBINE! <Dom, Letty, Cena, Dom's Kid, and Alternate Time Line Dom's Son's cars merge>

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
There is not enough love in her for the Fiero. My buddy had one back in the day so that part hit.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Hand Knit posted:

I still keep wishing/hoping that Helen Mirren's character will somehow turn out to be Victoria from the Red movies. Bonus points if John Malkovich shows up as Marvin.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

the escape goat posted:

Anyone else think the teaser had strong horror vibes when Letty gave the baby the cross necklace and said "it's to protect you... from what's coming"

Yep, I thought the same thing, it freaked me out. Almost made Letty sound sinister but I doubt they'd go down that route again. Cena doesn't seem to fit that vibe, he's imposing but not scary per se, so I'm assuming the real villain is Charlize or someone we haven't seen yet.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

nemesis_hub posted:

Yep, I thought the same thing, it freaked me out. Almost made Letty sound sinister but I doubt they'd go down that route again. Cena doesn't seem to fit that vibe, he's imposing but not scary per se, so I'm assuming the real villain is Charlize or someone we haven't seen yet.

she was in the trailer talking to Cena, she just replaced the weird dreads with a bowl cut

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/totalfilm/status/1225029813985038336?s=20

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I guess he's realizing that whenever F&F ends that's it for the money train so may as well squeeze out every possible dollar.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Basebf555 posted:

I guess he's realizing that whenever F&F ends that's it for the money train so may as well squeeze out every possible dollar.

I still think he's a fool to not make the final F&F movie tie seamlessly into the Riddick movies.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

raditts posted:

I still think he's a fool to not make the final F&F movie tie seamlessly into the Riddick movies.

It's kind of cool to contrast FnF, which handled the transition from small scale to big adventures, to Riddick, which tried to do the same transition all in one movie.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

LOL he's wearing elevator shoes. https://www.chamaripashoes.com/what-are-elevator-shoes/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drat, Scott Caan is a tiny, tiny man if he's shorter than Elijah Wood.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

muscles like this! posted:

drat, Scott Caan is a tiny, tiny man if he's shorter than Elijah Wood.

Tragedy will ensue on the set of Swift and Annoyed 10: Part II when Gal Gadot accidentally? kills Scott Caan by stepping on him as though he were an ant.

Oooooh idea! Nicolas Cage joins the F&F franchise as John Milton, his character from Drive Angry.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

That trailer for F9 gave me serious Streets Of Rage vibes with the tune half way through.

I don't suppose the trailer song is available to listen to on repeat for six hours?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Gatts posted:

lol I was just thinking that they’re going to bring Gisele back. I mean we didn’t really see her die in FF6. Yes it was implied that she fell to her death but they can write around that.

iamsosmrt posted:

They should unironically bring her back as Wonder Woman.
As someone said earlier, everyone else in this franchise seems to be be superhuman now so sure, why not. Bring her back as some sort of Israeli super solider.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 8, 2020

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

The first part of the Final Fast will chronologically take place after the second part, because that is the most FF way to handle this.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
My pitch for the final fast movie is an alien overlord blows up the Earth and the team have to steal a time machine so they can go back to the past and team up with their past selves to stop it from happening.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Other ideas I have are a comic crossover with the Batman Family (Roman meeting Alfred:"yo these guys have a Butler why don't we have a Butler" Tej after being airlifted on the BatBimp and discovering it being piloted by Damien: how old are you HOW OLD ARE YOU",) A Fast and Furious Christmas(with Santa being played by Dave Bautista,) and Fast and Furious Kids.

EDIT: Fast and Furious Transformers crossover.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 8, 2020