Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

David D. Davidson posted:

My pitch for the final fast movie is an alien overlord blows up the Earth and the team have to steal a time machine so they can go back to the past and team up with their past selves to stop it from happening.
For some reason, 'You Got The Touch' just started playing in my head.

F&F is already more ridiculous than Saints Row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
5 is the highpoint, but it's not a straight pyramid shape on either side; more a crazily jagged line where the peaks and troughs vary depending who you're talking to.

Basically before 5: fun-loving (and good-hearted) criminals who are very into racing cars. After 5: international superspies who replace any kind of Bond gadget or vehicle with a car. Either way, all with FAMILY.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

raditts posted:

If we're bringing in Nic Cage, it's gotta be his character from Gone in 60 Seconds.
And The Rock. And Con Air. And Face/Off. All in the same movie.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Fast X Jason.

Imagine going back in time 21 years and telling Hollywood "one of the movies in this year's box office top 20 is going to start a ten-film-plus-spinoffs franchise worth billions, and I don't mean Harry Potter - guess which one?"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
In various parallel worlds from The One, we're now up to Bridget X, Beautiful X, and ShreX.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The main thing I remember about the car chases in The Transporter was that the first one was in Nice on some of the exact same streets used in Ronin, which was about a million times more excitingly shot and edited. So, yeah, not convinced he'll be up to Lin's level.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I just realised I don't have a clue which was the last F&F I saw in full. I know I haven't seen 9; was 8 a rain of drone cars and Dom vs Submarine? Because if so I've only seen bits on a plane even though I own the DVD and drat, has this demented series really hit "yeah, whatever :geno: " point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

teacup posted:

I think someone posted here or on twitter once they should go back in time and help OG vin diesel and cgi Paul walker steal VCRs from the first film, because hidden inside one of them is the torque elemental stone which is used to defeat the car god

It’s obvious really
Back To The Future 2 it - one of their many, many enemies goes back in time to sabotage the VCR theft and erase the Fastverse from existence, and the entire gang is greenscreened into the background of shots from the first movie (with lots of reverse angles of youthful body doubles and deepfakes) as they try to repair history.

Seriously, though, over a third of a billion dollars budget for the goofy car-based action movie? :wtc: