Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Boywhiz88 posted:

Tokyo Drift is soooo much dumb fun. I will never get over Lucas Black as a 17-year-old. And the clear disconnect between his age, appearance, and boy/man as the script demands.

Heavy Metal posted:

Tokyo Drift is pure genius. I'm genuinely impressed by the pedigree of furious writer Chris Morgan. They've gotta bring him back for F&F 10.

Somebody writes 3 through 8 of the saga, you don't let him go! (As REO Speedwagon once said)

Zedd posted:

Tokyo Drift is in my top 2, the exact spot depends on how I feel.

You can't not-love a movie where people with p serious childhood trauma say it's NBD once they get to drift.

This is what love about this movie, it is in every way beat for beat a 60s yakuza flick but with everyone about fifteen years younger and every scene where someone gets beaten up/stabbed replaced with a scene of someone drifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

This reminds me, just rewatched the first one, still a classic. I find it funny how "The Trucker with a shotgun" who they face in the climax is by far the most formidable foe they've ever faced. And he got away too.

When they were foreshadowing a bit with "these truckers are gonna take matters into their own hands!", I didn't take it seriously. Turns out a trucker with a shotgun is not something they were ready for that day. Maybe an homage to Easy Rider in a roundabout way.

I love that and how crazy the antics are now vs. it all starting with some guys stealing combo DVD/VHS players.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Midjack posted:

That is an interesting way to think about it especially given Vin Diesel's well known D&D hobby.

IIRC him talking to Justin Lin about D&D campaign pacing was instrumental in getting the series back on track.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Is Vin Diesel actually upset? I hadn't heard that but also

IIRC Justin Lin walked away from directing Fast X in the middle of production for that reason but I forget if that was for real confirmed or just heavily implied given the more publicized eago war between Diesel and the Rock and the Rock exiting the franchise too.*

*Black Adam's "success" though now IIRC he's talking about crawling back to do another Hobbs and Shaw lol.