Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

Seedge posted:

That trailer for F9 gave me serious Streets Of Rage vibes with the tune half way through.

I don't suppose the trailer song is available to listen to on repeat for six hours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SASn5dTaxg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!
So pumped- we've been keeping quiet about this for over a year. I did a lot of postvis work on it and its been a long time coming!

Okan170 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 14, 2021

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!
Nifty article covering the work Proof Inc did on Previs/Postvis VFX for Fast 9. I've worked Postvis with these guys since Fast 7, and its certainly one of the crazier productions you can get to work on- I feel lucky to have been able to contribute some (accurate) visual touches to the space sequence!

https://www.awn.com/vfxworld/proofs-f9-visualization-was-race-finish

Okan170 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 25, 2021

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

atrus50 posted:

wow, wish they had gotten into some detail on how they came at those magnet gags

Coming in after Previs I can't speak to the creative planning of it, except that there are a lot of hot wheels around the office. Execution-wise, most of the magnet gags are the standard movie things: cranes, CG and lots of careful wire work (with rig/wire removal). The production tends to shoot a lot of it practically which means crazy rigs to launch cars around, and the article is right on about how its a pleasure to see plates come in- sometimes you get something like the flaming tire blowing past the camera at the climax of 8 that are just magnificent. It gives you a real appreciation for the practical side when you've got stunts and pyro at the top of their game.

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

Cage posted:

Watched this at home yesterday, theres janky cgi all over but I kept on rewinding this part.

https://gfycat.com/thoseincompletearkshell.mp4

Sorry about the quality, I'm at work and can only find a 360p youtube video. (of the entire movie. lol)

Just the way she whips her head so fast and so far behind with her shoulders barely moving. If I look behind me wrong while driving I get a stiff neck. :mad:

Ugh this is what happens when you shoot a bunch of footage in a jungle or forest and then want to mess with the timing of individual parts later on. And then timing out the motorcycle plate so the head move is at the right moment and the bike is in the right place probably makes it unnatural feeling.

Okan170 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 6, 2021