Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I don’t know what it says about me that I read Diesel and immediately thought of Kevin Nash

Not impossible, he's been in a bunch of action movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

I guess he's realizing that whenever F&F ends that's it for the money train so may as well squeeze out every possible dollar.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea Fast X is probably a forgone conclusion, it's too obvious.

Who the gently caress knows what they do with 11, that's such an awkward number to end the series on. Although it's not even really ending, that article says they're still gonna do "Fast & the Furious Presents:" movies after that, and so what's even the difference? If it's various characters from the Fast & Furious series then who cares what the title is?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea I feel like the only reason Gadot hasn't been brought back is money, she's currently too expensive. The moment her career starts the inevitable downward slide Vin will be there to hire her for another F&F.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
For one thing, Fast 9 only made about 700 million, a major decline from Fate of the Furious. Sure, everyone understands that the pandemic was a factor but I'm sure there are concerns within the studio that the franchise has lost some of it's bankability. And if you're worried about that you probably are going to also be worried when you see the budget ballooning to over 300 million.

Then there's the the way the franchise is being described as pretty crucial to Universal's overall financial bottom line these days, and so there's an opportunity cost involved if you put out a Fast & Furious movie and it doesn't completely wreck the box office and break records. Universal is counting on it to basically carry them financially for that entire calendar year and anything less than that is going to be a disappointment, so a $300 million budget makes that situation even more dicey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
For the most part I always thought the series has very solid greenscreening/CG work but Fast 9 felt like a step back in that department. For the first time I was being taken out of the movie by that floaty sort of feeling you get when it's super obvious that the actors are just in front of a greenscreen.