Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

goddamn my blood is pumping and I feel so alive that I could fight 20 men

gonna grab a case of corona and watch at least 3 of the movies tonight, likely ending the evening jumping on my couch hollering "FAMILY" before passing out face down on the floor while my cat looks on with disdain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Democratic Pirate posted:

Introducing Dom’s brother this late in the franchise seems odd, but in reality John Cena has been in every F&F movie, we just couldn’t see him.

I'm mad at how hard I laughed at this.

Anyone else think the teaser had strong horror vibes when Letty gave the baby the cross necklace and said "it's to protect you... from what's coming"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

nemesis_hub posted:

Yep, I thought the same thing, it freaked me out. Almost made Letty sound sinister but I doubt they'd go down that route again. Cena doesn't seem to fit that vibe, he's imposing but not scary per se, so I'm assuming the real villain is Charlize or someone we haven't seen yet.

she was in the trailer talking to Cena, she just replaced the weird dreads with a bowl cut

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

found out a few days ago that a couple friends of mine have never seen ANY of the fast films, so they asked me to pick a few and we’re gonna marathon ‘em tomorrow.

I chose
Fast and the Furious
Tokyo Drift
Fast 5
Furious 7

what would y’all pick if you had a day to introduce folks to the series if you had three or four to choose from?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

one of the friends got way too shitfaced way too fast so I called an audible and we just did 1, Tokyo Drift, and 7.

Also wheeee I got to find out in front of other people that I still cry at the end of 7 like a little tittybaby.

The looks on their faces when the exchange between Dom and Sean at the end of TD was DELIGHTFUL. it’ll never get old.

“I didn’t know Han was into American muscle”
“He was when he was riding with me :smug:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

6 is worth watching just for the end with the best burn in the whole drat series

jfc how could you say that about Han’s fiery car wreck, absolutely heartless

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

How many times will that scene be retconned before the series ends

explaining the timeline and how the studio deadass went “we love this guy, everyone loves this guy, we’re gonna shuffle up the chronological order also yeah gently caress it we’re gonna say “Better Luck Tomorrow” is canon” to my friends was a delight

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

so stupid that they advertised Han in everything before the movie was released.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I thought he said “gently caress this” and walked because Vin sucks, not that he was fired?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Cinemagic Theater in Portland is showing every movie in the series starting on Sunday.

1, 2, and Tokyo Drift movie marathon? yes please.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

checkplease posted:

are those 3 your fav? But cool to see them again in theaters

All three playing on Sunday, and also yes

…2 and 5 are very close tie. depends on the day, really.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jason Momoa alone makes the movie worth it

I’ve not seen it but I’m sure of that part

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Asteroid Alert posted:

Have the Fast movies ever reviewed well?

7 and 5, otherwise critic ratings have been from mid to yikes from what I recall

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

lol at every family photo being stills from past movies

Momoa’s character was an absolute delight, everything with Vin was a snooze fest (how can such sick action set pieces be boring?! what a charisma vacuum) and booo at Gisele being back. Han’s return shoulda been the only resurrection in the series.

was hoping the son would’ve stayed kidnapped til part 2 but eh, can’t win ‘em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I wanna know how much Dodge has paid for product placement since those Chargers the crew uses seem invincible in the group chase scenes (and especially the safe heist in 5)